Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:29:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Story time - your ICO success stories and biggest fails  (Read 1095 times)
Sangkuni

Activity: 392
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:29:36 PM

My ico success stories is i got big profit on Electroneum token
I got 8 x profit
My biggest failure i think, I join selfdrop VIXCORE  I lost  Almost 3 eth haha
i invest on vixcore i think the project will succesfully because my friend "ico addicted" invest 20 eth on vixcore and make me sure the project is a good enough to invest.
Drama Queen

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:23:07 PM

Never joined a real presale but 2-3 times bought at first trading day on a first exchange: Cardano, OmiseGo and Bluzelle.

Sold ADA after one of the first real pumps, like x10 or more. Seemed perfectly normal under last years bull run.

Sold n re-bought OMG like 2 times with less luck than ADA, during which it's got pumped several times. Seemed perfectly normal under last years bull run.

BLZ entered market at bear season to come, still sitting on it. Rebought some ADA, OMG again later on.

All three were apparently a great ivestments (especially if sold near ATH) but there was no skill included at all, just luck. I wish I were so warnful in all my investments.

Started first ADA speculation thread in last Oct here. Retrospectively it might be interesting Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2224412.0
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:08:30 PM

I wonder if some blockchain wizard could get some rough numbers on how much ICO volume was recycled, faked, or unverified, and whether someone could show how the numbers are impossible by looking at the bigger picture. It'd be a lot of work though...
Copod
Copper Member

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

crypto merchandise from www.RealCoinStore.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:34:21 AM

I wonder if some blockchain wizard could get some rough numbers on how much ICO volume was recycled, faked, or unverified, and whether someone could show how the numbers are impossible by looking at the bigger picture. It'd be a lot of work though...

Yes, this would be an interesting thing to see and analyze. That would give a great picture of the ICO ecosystem.

buying all my crypto merchandise from www.realcoinstore.com - tshirt, hoodies, mugs, coins, pillows, tote bags and more 🌟 FREE SHIPPING 🌟 on all coins and keychains
Cordwel

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:39:22 AM

Just read this article about ICOs and their history - http://cryptofinance24.com/the-first-icos-a-history-of-crypto-fundraising-p410-171.htm

Made me wonder, what are your ICO success stories and your failures? What has been your most successful investment, where have you lost the most etc?
Want to hear some tales.

Let's go..!

When I was A newbie in investing ICO, I choose an ICO to join, and I got scammed. And untill this day I still never join ICO anymore, maybe untill the market going up and normal
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:45:11 AM

I have seen a lot of fails, the successes are yet to be determined actually. The reason ICOs fail are many. For me one of the main ones is not having a tangible product or service already, something like a prototype. Most just draft a whitepaper and buy a designer with cool artwork, that's it. Also having a great dedicated team of both technical and social expertise goes a long way.. some projects overlook the importance of marketing - but then marketing has to be done at the correct time.
Another reason is having an overzealous discount program and airdrops. Once the ICO hits an exchange the freeloaders dump the coins thus sending the price to sub-satoshi levels.
My sig's coin MeVu has a great balance of all of these. Have a look.
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:40:20 AM

I have seen a lot of fails, the successes are yet to be determined actually. The reason ICOs fail are many. For me one of the main ones is not having a tangible product or service already, something like a prototype. Most just draft a whitepaper and buy a designer with cool artwork, that's it. Also having a great dedicated team of both technical and social expertise goes a long way.. some projects overlook the importance of marketing - but then marketing has to be done at the correct time.
Another reason is having an overzealous discount program and airdrops. Once the ICO hits an exchange the freeloaders dump the coins thus sending the price to sub-satoshi levels.
My sig's coin MeVu has a great balance of all of these. Have a look.
I have many stories of success from the previous years as I entered in crypto world, I used to participate in bounty campaign and invest that ICO at the same time and mostly I always have earned good profit and bounty rewards will soon come to me after a few weeks at ICO end, but suddenly this year I was surprised because my happy moment last year was gone and all this time frustration is always come on me for I get nothing on most bounty I have participated this year.

bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:35:05 AM

Are there success stories from this year? The market situation isn't great.

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
Dvd1989

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:50:52 AM

Are there success stories from this year? The market situation isn't great.

I was truely hoping that Fantom would be one of the 2018 success stories, but so far it's still trading very far under ICO price in USD, and just above ICO price in Eth. Not really a success story.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 08:58:56 AM

Just read this article about ICOs and their history - http://cryptofinance24.com/the-first-icos-a-history-of-crypto-fundraising-p410-171.htm

Made me wonder, what are your ICO success stories and your failures? What has been your most successful investment, where have you lost the most etc?
Want to hear some tales.

Let's go..!

Well tons of ICO have lead me to 100% of my investment loss
Some even with live product or website which you can play on
One of the notable project is letitride or something like that
where i have almost 1btc worth of the coins and the dev just run damn
pucunghul

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:44:55 AM

Want to hear some tales.

Let's go..!

this is part of the experience, i suffered a big loss when investing in TBAR titanium bars, ico became a scam after entering the exchange. this made me angry and fed up, but there was an ico that was profitable for me even though it ended up being a scam too, center. centra ico is good but it is a scam. I sell it and get a big profit.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:11:23 PM

Want to hear some tales.

Let's go..!
If people were honest you'll find out that most experiences that you are going to get in this thread are negative ones, I have only invested in a single ico and it didn't turn out very well, the project is still in development but it's going to take a lot more than what the developers thought and I haven't made any money out of it, and I have not invested in any other project because I promised to myself that if I lost money in that ico I will never invest in an ico again.
bchain22
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:33:10 PM

Want to hear some tales.

Let's go..!
If people were honest you'll find out that most experiences that you are going to get in this thread are negative ones, I have only invested in a single ico and it didn't turn out very well, the project is still in development but it's going to take a lot more than what the developers thought and I haven't made any money out of it, and I have not invested in any other project because I promised to myself that if I lost money in that ico I will never invest in an ico again.

Yes, have been part of a development team as well, and these things take time. If you want to build something great that runs smoothly and works well, then it is going to take time to build. People often overestimate their speed. Also, there are going to be setbacks and people think it is going to be a smooth run, but most likely it won't. ICO projects are no different than any other software development project.

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
WillyZ (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 143

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 08:13:42 AM

Want to hear some tales.

Let's go..!

Yes, I see that. A lot of negative experiences. Is that what the ICO market is right now?

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ www.crypto24radio.com ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
bchain22
Copper Member

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:08:59 AM

Here's a study about ICO space by Boston College. It's called "Digital Tulips? Returns to Investors in Initial Coin Offerings"
Pretty good overview. It was published in May 2018.

LINK to the pdf of the study

LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:02:25 PM

What is certain is that my good story when investing in ICO only happened last year, that this year there have also been a number of successful ICOs but unlike iICO which was launched in 2017. And the worst story is when I participated in ICO scams in a row (maybe it's better if I don't mention the name of the project).

WillyZ (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 143

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 12:10:30 PM

What is certain is that my good story when investing in ICO only happened last year, that this year there have also been a number of successful ICOs but unlike iICO which was launched in 2017. And the worst story is when I participated in ICO scams in a row (maybe it's better if I don't mention the name of the project).

If they are scams then why not mention them? I think it would benefit others

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ www.crypto24radio.com ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:39:59 PM

My biggest success is Lending coins in 2017 that time I did not know that it was all a scam because that time I'm just a newbie, bought some token on ICO and sell it to other people for like 10x the price, why these guys buy that coin from me? simple they cannot buy it because it will be sold out in just 5min and every they only sell that lending coin every 24hrs and when all people are buying the website will crash, so the chances of buying that coins are very low, the is my story of the golden age of Lending coins, the father of all lending coins is Bitconnect
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:25:49 PM

Want to hear some tales.
My best ICO story is free airdrop from some random coin. Look, I don't even remember that I registered to that particular airdrop. At that time I was just randomly signed up to any airdrop that I found. Why? Because back in the days in doesn't take much time or effort to participate in an ICO. Just a google form, no KYC, no social media task, nothing. And then suddenly, when I take a look at my ETH address, I found a token worth more than $1000. LOL can't be happier than that. I immediately sold the token and convert it to BTC.
Dvd1989

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:32:42 AM

Want to hear some tales.
My best ICO story is free airdrop from some random coin. Look, I don't even remember that I registered to that particular airdrop. At that time I was just randomly signed up to any airdrop that I found. Why? Because back in the days in doesn't take much time or effort to participate in an ICO. Just a google form, no KYC, no social media task, nothing. And then suddenly, when I take a look at my ETH address, I found a token worth more than $1000. LOL can't be happier than that. I immediately sold the token and convert it to BTC.

This must be the airdrop of Ontology. I can remember this one; only had to sign up for the newsletter and the airdrop was evetually worth thousands of dollars. Oh how I miss the bullmarket.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: