Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:41:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Story time - your ICO success stories and biggest fails  (Read 1095 times)
WillyZ (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 03:16:10 PM

Made me wonder, what are your ICO success stories and your failures? What has been your most successful investment, where have you lost the most etc?
Want to hear some tales.
My best ICO story is free airdrop from some random coin. Look, I don't even remember that I registered to that particular airdrop. At that time I was just randomly signed up to any airdrop that I found. Why? Because back in the days in doesn't take much time or effort to participate in an ICO. Just a google form, no KYC, no social media task, nothing. And then suddenly, when I take a look at my ETH address, I found a token worth more than $1000. LOL can't be happier than that. I immediately sold the token and convert it to BTC.

This must be the airdrop of Ontology. I can remember this one; only had to sign up for the newsletter and the airdrop was evetually worth thousands of dollars. Oh how I miss the bullmarket.

Oh, really? where was I then?  Grin

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ www.crypto24radio.com ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:30:09 PM

The more the SEC cracks down on unregistered securities posing as ICOs, the more the atmosphere in $crypto will change. IMO, ICOs will not die, but they will definitely have to take a new form and STOs will play a big role.
I believe this is a good thing for the industry
WillyZ (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 09:03:47 AM

The more the SEC cracks down on unregistered securities posing as ICOs, the more the atmosphere in $crypto will change. IMO, ICOs will not die, but they will definitely have to take a new form and STOs will play a big role.

I think it is great that SEC is doing it actually. It helps to better the reputations of ICO-s. And if we can get those scam ICO-s etc out of the way, or at least decrease the number of them, then it's a win for crypto!

☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:01:55 AM

How will the current market situation affect ICO space? I imagine not positively? Are you guys getting into ICO's? Some more fail stories might come up times like this. But I'm positive that it will start getting better eventually. It's just a matter of time imo. Actually times like this can be great to get in, as the prices are low and they can't get much lower. Plus, the next bull-run is more enjoyable  Cool

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
COPARTT23

Activity: 406
Merit: 49

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:33:01 PM

I think that no one will praise projects that began their work in 2018 because the market is falling and it is difficult to assess the potential to analyze in more detail when the market starts to grow and projects start to show themselves
ninuplanste

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:56:59 AM

I think it is great that SEC is doing it actually. It helps to better the reputations of ICO-s. And if we can get those scam ICO-s etc out of the way, or at least decrease the number of them, then it's a win for crypto!
I think that ICO is not a bad thing to make money out of it but one need to have the best ICO project to invest in. For that, you need to have wide research and only then you would be able to recognize nice projects.
WillyZ (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

I got one bad story of my own now. Was interested in a project that was starting a crypto smartwatch project. But it seems they flew away with the money. Some big big amounts of tokens have been sold on the market under 1000x of the market value and now these tokens are basically worthless.. website is down as well.. not good signs.

serizawa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:14:10 AM

the first time I invested in ico neblio, with the price of ico 0.05 $ I bought 2800 neblio and I sold neblio for $ 40 I got a huge profit
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:16:19 AM

Right now there are too many ico who fail and also lie to many people. they are all very disadvantaged by the many ico scams. the funds obtained were large enough to be able to cheat many people
hoddddler
Copper Member

Activity: 53

Crypto24Radio.com 🎧 🎤 🎸

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:49:26 AM

I think lots of people have got burnt and that's why the ICO market is decreasing significantly.

times like this, I would love to hear some more success stories.
any recent ones for anyone?

✅ News ✅ Interviews ✅ Podcast ✅ Music ✅ 24/7 👉 www.Crypto24Radio.com
Dvd1989

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 10:40:09 AM

I think lots of people have got burnt and that's why the ICO market is decreasing significantly.

Rememer the days when ICO's like Bancor could raise 170 million USD in a heartbeat. They have enough funds to last for years. I don't think we will ever see those ICO's again. And maybe that's for the best.
hoddddler
Copper Member

Activity: 53

Crypto24Radio.com 🎧 🎤 🎸

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:13:44 PM

Rememer the days when ICO's like Bancor could raise 170 million USD in a heartbeat. They have enough funds to last for years. I don't think we will ever see those ICO's again. And maybe that's for the best.

Yes, maybe. I'm sure we will see more of that when the market gets booming again.

✅ News ✅ Interviews ✅ Podcast ✅ Music ✅ 24/7 👉 www.Crypto24Radio.com
Dvd1989

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:15:04 AM

Yes, maybe. I'm sure we will see more of that when the market gets booming again.

I don't think so. Many countries are already implementing regulations for ICO's and/or TGE's. No start-up needs 170 million. It's bullshit and excessive. I don't think it will happen again.
WillyZ (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 01:47:37 PM

the first time I invested in ico neblio, with the price of ico 0.05 $ I bought 2800 neblio and I sold neblio for $ 40 I got a huge profit

Wow, that's a nice profit.
So you invested $140 and sold for $112k?
If true then amazing!

Ccrypthon

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 09:59:27 AM

in my opinion it was very hard for me to buy my first ICO as i had to buy ethereum first and then exchange it and the whole process was very tiresome and hard, in the end i just gave up and quit cause i'd rather invest in alredy existing coins that have a proven track record. many of the new ICO's coming up are scams and its very difficult to know which ones are genuine and which ones are pump and dump schemes. a fair amount of research is required for ICO's where as coins that already have a track record such as ripple (i heard they are signing deals left, right and center) seem like a better investment to me.
Dvd1989

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:59:18 AM

Right now there are too many ico who fail and also lie to many people. they are all very disadvantaged by the many ico scams. the funds obtained were large enough to be able to cheat many people

There is a significant chance that a product is never launched. Very few successful companies raise a ton of money early on and the best companies iterate at faster pace than competitors. Of course I don't know the details about each project mentioned here, so just speaking about general trends.
TetianaTan

Activity: 1246
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 12:26:06 PM

My most successful investment in the Docademic (MTC) project is that I don’t have any coins and I sold them at the peak of their value. Today - it would not be the most successful.
ringgo96

Activity: 1582
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 01:09:52 PM

A story that is very inspiring is indeed for many people. we know that nowadays there are many people that I can say are successful from cryptocurrency and they give their stories a lot to be able to get enthusiasm for us

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 01:28:49 PM

From the few times I invested in ICOs, no one gave me a big profit, maybe only around 10-30%. But behind that I actually experienced a high failure until I lost almost 50% because the ICO I had invested became helpless after entering the market and making everyone do a dumper.
You may not be able to analyze some of the projects that you follow that you don't really understand. so the project you are following does not really give you a big advantage.
WillyZ (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 03:43:55 PM

My most successful investment in the Docademic (MTC) project is that I don’t have any coins and I sold them at the peak of their value. Today - it would not be the most successful.

Wise choice, not many people can say that they sold it at the peak.

There is a significant chance that a product is never launched. Very few successful companies raise a ton of money early on and the best companies iterate at faster pace than competitors. Of course I don't know the details about each project mentioned here, so just speaking about general trends.

Yes. Also, the ICO-space is in pretty bad shape. Even projects who have a great idea and a trustworthy team do fail. Just because people have burnt themselves and don't want to invest into ICO-s.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: