Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin dominance record  (Read 585 times)
budismile

Activity: 293
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:18:14 AM

It is true, many new coins have sprung up and sometimes these coins are just a fraud. Token coins up to hundreds are deleted because they can be unsettling for new users.
people might be tired of waiting for the Bitcoin price to return to the price of $ 20,000, because it doesn't go up to that price and especially fiat currency is at its peak, because many people have benefited more from fiat currency.
For this reason, Bitcoin users have partially turned to Fiat Money, but soon they will return to crypto, I'm sure of that.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:18:47 AM

your mistake is that you are using market cap ratio and calling it dominance. it is like picking up an apple and calling it an orange! just because coinmarketcap.com is dumb enough to use the word "dominance" it doesn't mean it is correct. in fact dominance in a market has nothing to do with market cap specially when it comes to cryptocurrencies where 1 coin can create billions of tokens out of thin air and have billions of dollars worth of market cap and have a bigger "ratio". and none of that billions of tokens even have to enter circulation for it to have that market cap.

I see your point, but you're talking about 'market dominance' in a classic meaning, related to measuring companies' market dominance - such is simply not applicable to cryptos (as there's no revenue involved). "Dominance" is also a word on its own and can be freely used. It's pretty obvious and clear to everyone that CMC's version relates to market cap dominance only. I see no problem here.

I also tend to agree with you, I always thought it was pretty clear that the word dominance was just used to describe the coin with highest total market capitalization, according to the metrics found on coinmarketcap.com.

Market dominance is obviously something completely different, but that's a totally different context to begin with.

amaterasysky
Copper Member

Activity: 160

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:27:02 AM

your mistake is that you are using market cap ratio and calling it dominance. it is like picking up an apple and calling it an orange! just because coinmarketcap.com is dumb enough to use the word "dominance" it doesn't mean it is correct. in fact dominance in a market has nothing to do with market cap specially when it comes to cryptocurrencies where 1 coin can create billions of tokens out of thin air and have billions of dollars worth of market cap and have a bigger "ratio". and none of that billions of tokens even have to enter circulation for it to have that market cap.

I see your point, but you're talking about 'market dominance' in a classic meaning, related to measuring companies' market dominance - such is simply not applicable to cryptos (as there's no revenue involved). "Dominance" is also a word on its own and can be freely used. It's pretty obvious and clear to everyone that CMC's version relates to market cap dominance only. I see no problem here.

I also tend to agree with you, I always thought it was pretty clear that the word dominance was just used to describe the coin with highest total market capitalization, according to the metrics found on coinmarketcap.com.

Market dominance is obviously something completely different, but that's a totally different context to begin with.

A little disagree with you, the dominance in bitcoin comes from the total capitalization of all cryptocurrencies in General. If all the money peretikayut in bitcoin, last year, that meant flying at 20,000$. What can be now, we will soon learn, but when the dominance of the pass for 60%, we are all waiting for something fun.
Dimonhamon

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

I know that many people do not share my opinion. But I think that 90% of startups sell their tokens just to buy bitcoin.
Pedro18

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:49:14 AM

This is very bad for every alt over there, specially those trash alt coins, only strong will be left on this kind of bear market. We can still expect more high dominance of Bitcoin for upcoming weeks. But let's hope that bearish will be over until the end of the month. It is really sad for every holders.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:54:48 AM

But now, once again bitcoin's market share has reached high  to 57.09 percent which shows that people have lost faith in most of the shit coins and find only bitcoin to be the safe haven.

the only thing that this shows is that altcoins are getting dumped hard these days and nothing else. the "faith" that people had in bitcoin is still the same as it has always been, high and strong. and bitcoin's market cap has been growing consistently while altcoins got pumped and now are going down.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:50:21 AM

There is no doubt Bitcoin still remain stronger, A lot of shill happening that Bitcoin will be replaced by altcoin like as an example the Ethereum flippening case. Statistics shows Bitcoin is yet still remaining powerful. It is shown that the community still yet aware that Bitcoin is the leaders of cryptocurrency.
gussupri

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:57:01 AM

I know that many people do not share my opinion. But I think that 90% of startups sell their tokens just to buy bitcoin.
the number of opinions in my opinion is to learn to understand about the world of cryptocurency which will be very useful in the future
felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:07:58 AM

Altcoins lost a lot of value due to dominance of Bitcoin but dominance will fall again when the market recovers a bit. So this is very promising for the future. All the money will start flowing from Bitcoin to altcoins, which means a strong bull.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
PM.coins

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:08:30 AM

The good news is I just read about bitcoin. According to my analysis, it has become a reality if bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency leader. The conclusion is that whatever happens in a market situation, Bitcoin will still be the best. I think that's enough to finish this news. Thank you for the news you shared, Enough to make the Bitcoin holder smile a little!
fipper

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:28:20 AM

Bitcoin was once dominant in the crypto market being pioneer of crypto currencies.Then it started to lose its dominance gradually due to the entrance of hundreds of new coins.

Bitcoin's dominance was at its lowest at 36.1 percent.

But now, once again bitcoin's market share has reached high  to 57.09 percent which shows that people have lost faith in most of the shit coins and find only bitcoin to be the safe haven.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/9f0bed/new_btc_dominance_record_since_13_dec_2017/
maybe with what you say makes investor interest even greater confidence and patience are the main capital in my opinion
Erga Di Kenesis Lascrea

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:32:08 AM

Bitcoin is a first digital currency. Without bitcoin another altcoin will be no. But some people say bitcoin price will affect another altcoin price. But i still believe bitcoin can rise again in the future.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:40:05 AM

Bitcoin was once dominant in the crypto market being pioneer of crypto currencies.Then it started to lose its dominance gradually due to the entrance of hundreds of new coins.

But now, once again bitcoin's market share has reached high  to 57.09 percent which shows that people have lost faith in most of the shit coins and find only bitcoin to be the safe haven.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/9f0bed/new_btc_dominance_record_since_13_dec_2017/

bitcoin dominance will continue to cover the cryptocurrency world forever as this is the main objective why satoshi nakamoto created this to combined the universe to use one money at the same time,this is the currency that will build peace to the issue of whos the best currency of the world

A lot of shill happening that Bitcoin will be replaced by altcoin like as an example the Ethereum .

ethereum will never take the crown to bitcoin,not today and not forever because the technology behind bitcoin or the blockchain is one of its kind and will harder to took over of another technology
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:44:05 AM

but it is all about the context that the term "dominance" is being used in. people aren't just using the term to compare market capitalizations, they are using the term "dominance" to say bitcoin is losing its ground and being replaced by an altcoin. specifically if you look at the usage of it in first cases when it all started you can see it is mostly used when people want to advertise some altcoin that was getting pumped by that time.

besides when you compare market capitalizations you should also consider that fact that market cap of a lot of altcoins is FAKE because their coins are not in circulation. for instance the coins with premine that have not yet released the coins by dumping them on exchanges. if they do it the price of them will fall and consequently their market cap will fall making it more real.

Only Bitcoin
ksupriya94

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:42:41 AM

If Bitcoin dominance is more than 50% it means bitcoin is in more demand as compare to other currencies. Its a sign of bull run of bitcoin. Earlier this year there was a big rise in bitcoin's dominance — with so-called alt coins falling back across the board — ahead of the bitcoin price rising to highs of $8,400. We can see again a upmove in bitcoin price again.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1568

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 06:27:13 AM

but it is all about the context that the term "dominance" is being used in. people aren't just using the term to compare market capitalizations, they are using the term "dominance" to say bitcoin is losing its ground and being replaced by an altcoin.

People have strong tendency to simplify complex issues to make it easier to digest, that's not necessarily a bad thing. But when Bitcoin was actually under real threat of Ethereum taking over the 1st place, the most quoted source was [ur=https://www.flippening.watch/l]flippening watch[/url], which compared multiple other metrics other than market cap. People seem to understand that there's more to it than just market cap.
What's funny, if you dismiss market cap entirely, you'd have to admit that, by other measurable metrics, Bitcoin briefly lost its #1 badge at one point (got overtaken by ETH in trade volume, number of transactions, node count + few more).

besides when you compare market capitalizations you should also consider that fact that market cap of a lot of altcoins is FAKE because their coins are not in circulation. for instance the coins with premine that have not yet released the coins by dumping them on exchanges. if they do it the price of them will fall and consequently their market cap will fall making it more real.

You could say the same about Bitcoin. Aren't Satoshi's coins (~1 million) also included in market cap? You have to use some number and the actual number of coins in circulation is impossible to tell.

But that's why I say it's best to watch dominance by comparing Bitcoin to #2 coin, rather than looking at total market cap share.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:37:03 PM

But now, once again bitcoin's market share has reached high  to 57.09 percent which shows that people have lost faith in most of the shit coins and find only bitcoin to be the safe haven.

Yes, this is great news, especially in the current scenarios. This was quite obvious too because Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency to be launched and it has maintained its prime position since then. So if any new investor thinks of entering the market, he will start through Bitcoin most probably. People have earned huge profits from Bitcoin which causes them to stick to it, thus addition to its market share.
alexs_03

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:14:13 PM

I think that the government in using bitcoin is a very good idea, because about bitcoin is a very convenient way of paying in some countries, I think it's cool!
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:19:50 PM

If Bitcoin dominance is more than 50% it means bitcoin is in more demand as compare to other currencies. Its a sign of bull run of bitcoin. Earlier this year there was a big rise in bitcoin's dominance — with so-called alt coins falling back across the board — ahead of the bitcoin price rising to highs of $8,400. We can see again a upmove in bitcoin price again.
Bitcoin dominates his market ever since simply because its the top coin and every investors believe on bitcoin. If all the people used bitcoin now, we will see the price to rise again. This is a great study about bitcoin domance, and this is why i don’t buy shitcoins becuase they can’t survive in this market while bitcoin remains on top.
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 833

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:27:18 PM

Exactly that's what we witnessing right now, investors dumps their altcoins to shift their funds to bitcoin. Gone are the days that shitcoins used to be the go to for investors if they wanted to earn quick bucks. Alts have suffered the most in this bear market while bitcoin remains above $6K which we can say that we have reach bottom already.

Tend to disagree, dominance is not a sign that we are in bull run. Last year we didn't top 50% but still the market continued its astronomical growth until the bubble has been burst. The rise in dominance really means that investors are likely moving from alts to bitcoin because its the logical thing to do.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x