Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain is bigger than cryptocurrency  (Read 358 times)
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:45:18 PM

I think that coins are the first and obvious use of blockchain technology, but its potential is much deeper.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:07:26 AM

blockchain is the evolutionary technology we are looking to , cryptocurrency is just a form where this technology can be implemented .
people have to know the difference between them if we want this field to grow and expand , blockchain technology has already proved it power especially in bank domain , we hope soon we see other application of this technology in real life.

hall16

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:44:48 AM

“The blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.” - Don & Alex Tapscott, authors Blockchain Revolution (2016)

Essentially, blockchain is a decentralized technology. It is a shared, immutable ledger that lets us record the history of transactions. By establishing trust, accountability and transparency, it transforms the way we carry out transactions and can be adapted to virtually any contract, deed or payment. Whereas cryptocurrencies are basically just digital money, digital tools of exchange that use cryptography and the blockchain technology to facilitate secure and anonymous transactions.

Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:54:14 AM

Yes it is absolutely brilliant    statement,  cryptoindustry brought to the world blockchain technology, community, philosophy which can change the world
waser12

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 12:10:57 PM

Blockchain allow to transfer cryptocurrencies that why this terms can not be equal and comparable.

tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:11:49 PM

Yes, cryptocurrency is just a product of blockchain technology
active706

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:18:59 PM

Crypto it`s electronic currency, this is like money at all. Blockchain - it`s decentralized technology, which can be used in different spheres. Crypto also basics on the blockchain, but blockchain can be used not only in crypto.
BZingerB

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:19:38 PM

I expect the acceptance of the crypto currency by the modern world for 3-5 years already. The world will use the crypto currency as the main tool for calculating and calculating
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:25:39 PM

Yes this is right Blockchain technology is not just cryptocurrency it is something bigger than that . The best part is decentralization , you are your own boss here. I love blockchain technology so much for that. I think in near future all people will understand Blockchain is not just about Bitcoin and they will adopt blockchain technology.

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
Camster

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:29:21 PM

Some people says Blockchain is bigger cryptocurrency? The concept of cryptocurrency is electronic currency, while the concept of blockchain is transparency with my own little understanding about blockchain and cryptocurrency...
What is your own opinion  on this?

Correct.  Crypto Currency is just one thing you can do on the blockchain.  As time grows and technology advances the dapps that can be created using the blockchain can be revolutionary.  We just need time and patience for this to all unfold.  Most of the best programmers in the world probably are not working on this right now.  Wait till the shift happens. 
Samkol26

Activity: 532

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:57:19 PM

It od correct that blockchain is bigger than cryptocurrency. This is because cryptocurrency is based on blockchain and it can't do without the blockchain.

GucciGangClub

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:24:23 PM

In general, Blockchain  became popular due to cryptocurrencies, but I think that the Blockchain is much broader as a concept.
Aligab166

Activity: 194

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:27:59 PM

Some people says Blockchain is bigger cryptocurrency? The concept of cryptocurrency is electronic currency, while the concept of blockchain is transparency with my own little understanding about blockchain and cryptocurrency...
This is very true. The blockchain itself is bigger and greater than cryptocurrency. It is far beyond cryptocurrency as crypto is just an aspect of the decentralized features of the blockchain technology.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:39:55 PM

Both go hand in hand in that the blockchain brings transparency which is something governments will hate. Cryptocurrency will economise the blockchain, again something that the governments will hate. All in all, this is a damn good movement!
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:53:42 PM

Blockchain is the technology behind some well-known coins right now. Its a distributed ledger wherein data is immutable (cannot be altered), could be public or private blockchain. With that said, different sectors or companies can take advantage of this technology so yes, blockchain could be the next big thing that will really impacted not just crypto but the whole global industries (manufacturing, banking systems, military, health and science and others). But it doesn't mean the government loves blockchain, them will also adopt crypto though, its different so don't be surprise hearing countries like China having blockchain conferences and spreading the word how good blockchain is but totally going hostile against crypto.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Abal Abal

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 09:57:29 PM

actually this kind of tickles me,
Blockchain is definitely bigger than cryptocurrency, because all crypto use Blockchain technology.

minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:06:51 PM

I agree with the author. In my opinion too, blockchain has much more potential beyond the cryptocurrency system. It's potential is immeasurable in terms of what it can achieve for our society. We will soon see this development.
hummer113

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 10:09:51 PM

If the blockchain gets rid of its shortcomings, then in the future I think more companies will be able to use it, the fields of application are very different, look at the variety of ICO.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:30:15 PM

One thing that make that statement wrong is Blockchain technology is nothing without the prescence of cryptocurrencies, and so do cryptos are nothing with Blockchain. Although yes it is indeed bigger, but those two are on different field in terms of use and description.
dddudidd

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:31:26 PM

Your opinion is all right, and I have the same reasons as you. but that's just a small conclusion that we argue for ourselves, but I think blockchain is very broad, and there are still few people who know blockchain comprehensively even though he has been practicing it from 1-2 years ago. the point is we keep learning about blockchain and cryptocurrency even harder
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: