Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:55:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it really mean that someone who hardly hodls does not believe in a project?  (Read 323 times)
prechi (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:38:32 PM

Follow the market, that way you don't get hurt. A hodler is not just some special type of person that holds a coin and never dumps. A hodler is someone who believes in a coin and tries to have a significant stake in the project by accumulating more and more over time without getting too burnt by the market.

Smart hodling is the key.
BabatundeM

Activity: 317
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:49:28 PM

I also agree that holders of a particular coin or token as the case may be is someone who believes in what they are holding but there are other factors that might cause an investor to cease to hold a coin but not always because they no longer believe in it.
Nureni

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:49:41 PM

it's not really means that someone who hardly holds does not believe in a project, but to me the main reason is that they don't have patient, and they can't wait till the market price rise.
Temibest2

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:55:03 PM

No, that is not the point. You may believe in a project but sell your token when it is mooning in the market or when you feel it is favourable to you.
prechi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:01:29 PM

I also agree that holders of a particular coin or token as the case may be is someone who believes in what they are holding but there are other factors that might cause an investor to cease to hold a coin but not always because they no longer believe in it.
Yeah true...  but what do you think are the other factors? you can throw more light on that so we get to know and understand better. Information is power you know. Kindly share pls
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:13:25 PM

it means, he's smart enough that he knows what he's doing. if he hardly hodls, it means, he doesn't want to risk his investments. bottomline in this industry is, be smart enough so you will not be a sore loser. but in case if he hodls, it means, there's something in that project that he believes in. he sees that, there's concrete foundation in that project that it might goes big somewhere in the future.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:17:44 PM

Follow the market, that way you don't get hurt. A hodler is not just some special type of person that holds a coin and never dumps. A hodler is someone who believes in a coin and tries to have a significant stake in the project by accumulating more and more over time without getting too burnt by the market.

Well, I guess it is not true that the one who doesn't hodls a coin or a token does not believe in a project. We have different decisions for every situation. Some are good and some are not. If you feel to diversify your funds and buy some coins that are hot and have greater potential for a short period of time, it is still up to you. Time is not our friend, we have to manage it well.

As for me, I believe in smart hodling and putting your eggs on different baskets so you can achieve a more reliable profit when some of your investments prosper.
GolemTrader

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:17:59 PM

If someone hardly hodls a coin for a certain project it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't believe in a certain project because it is possible that they may have foreseen a drop-off or saw a better opportunity at the time in a different project. Although generally hodling coin in a project that you genuinely believe in will usually pay off in the future where the coin may potentially moon. Obviously a lot of variables and decision-making goes into hodling/not-hodling a coin for a particular project.
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:27:30 PM

Investors do not buy any coins if they do not believe in the project. After all, they are very attentive to the choice. Then, when the price suits the investor, he sells. And that doesn't mean he doesn't believe in the project. Just not every coin can be left for a long time.

FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:31:01 PM

No, that is not the point. You may believe in a project but sell your token when it is mooning in the market or when you feel it is favourable to you.
That means you are a passionate investor, not a hodler. I disagree with the OP—a hodler is a hodler. Whoever sells their beloved coins during a positive market to earn profits and/or accumulate more of the coins they 'love' is not the same as someone who holds their coins indefinitely whether the market is up or down.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HE[A]RTLESS

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:36:41 PM

yeah Smart hodling is the key.

it not like stocks to hodl only and dont care it 2-5 years
plpatel

Activity: 260
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:42:47 PM

Would agree with you, but hodler who is just accumulating and not booking its profit when available might ruin his portfolio.
Cause I have seen projects going to dust, where investors who just accumulated and never booked profit getting ruined. So I would rather suggest to at-least take out the investment invested, while you are in profit, and let the profit run in.

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:09:15 PM

I am a total HODLER but not because I have 100% trust to my alt but because I don't have any choice, I think risking it 'til it skyrockets is the best option to do thought its not all I wanted.

I once bought $1 worth of ETN on its crowdsale last year and remain waiting until now hoping that it will soar high. But I guess there's only a small chance that it will do come true. Actually, I already admitted to myself long ago that I'm not yet preapared for dealing not so famous alts that's why it seems I almost forgot about it. Well, it's just a small amount of money so there's nothing to whimper for Grin.

I learned an important lesson after all, you should attained two vital things to achieve success: 1) Make sure you have the knowledge and skill in trading, and 2) Choose the right coin. So for the hodlers out there, do not only listen to what you are believing because being too ambitious might get you blind. Learning to "dump and never turn back" or to cut loss is somehow a good decision (but still depending on the current situation of course)
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:31:49 PM

Have you seen someone has invested a lot of money on september last year and he was loosing around 96% from his portfolios today? I guess you should see that. that guy gives a great lesson about never try to believe anything. Just try to do your own best decision to increase your money rather than only hold them all.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:44:55 PM

For me to hold on to a token or coin means that I believe in the future of the project and would love to be part of it. It is not an easy route to go and comes with a lot of emotions during the good and bad market times.
Ikingpain

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:24:11 PM

I think that such a strategy is the most profitable, but we should not forget about the unpredictability of this market. It is necessary to determine correctly which coins should be hold and which ones should be sold as quickly as possible. Analysis and knowledge is the key to victory.
prechi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:44:28 PM

Exactly... Many people see other people who don't as people who are not good in the crypto space. I can't see a sign of retracement in a coin and u expect me not to dump it and wait to buy back in large quantity.
prechi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:46:34 PM

I think that such a strategy is the most profitable, but we should not forget about the unpredictability of this market. It is necessary to determine correctly which coins should be hold and which ones should be sold as quickly as possible. Analysis and knowledge is the key to victory.

Exactly... The market is presently unpredictable but the, sometimes we get to see a bearish sign and someone who believes in a project and is wise will surely sell the top and buy back the bottom in large quantity.
prechi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:58:33 PM

I am a total HODLER but not because I have 100% trust to my alt but because I don't have any choice, I think risking it 'til it skyrockets is the best option to do thought its not all I wanted.

I once bought $1 worth of ETN on its crowdsale last year and remain waiting until now hoping that it will soar high. But I guess there's only a small chance that it will do come true. Actually, I already admitted to myself long ago that I'm not yet preapared for dealing not so famous alts that's why it seems I almost forgot about it. Well, it's just a small amount of money so there's nothing to whimper for Grin.

I learned an important lesson after all, you should attained two vital things to achieve success: 1) Make sure you have the knowledge and skill in trading, and 2) Choose the right coin. So for the hodlers out there, do not only listen to what you are believing because being too ambitious might get you blind. Learning to "dump and never turn back" or to cut loss is somehow a good decision (but still depending on the current situation of course)

Owkay this is a nice one. But imagined you sold your ETN at its ATH, you would be able to buy more of it now. That is absolutely why I call it Smart Holding. If I like a coin, I will like to get many of it instead of a little.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:01:10 PM

Not necessarily. Some persons are hodlers some day traders, some swing traders it all depends on what works for one and being better in the art.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: