Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the bitcoin faucets no longer worth it?  (Read 661 times)
Dtony

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:19:21 AM

My latest faucet claim was worth $10 a few weeks ago but is now worth $30 due to the doge bull run.

I’ve made several claims for the site and the latest one was after being inactive for a few months.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:30:26 AM

faucet is very popular in the 2014 and 2015 because we can see that faucet is make a profit for the web owner and the visitor, the owner get the ads fee and the visitor get the saotshi, maybe right now the web owner dont get the profit so they stop their faucet

insiv

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:38:10 AM

I see now there are very few faucets that give a lot of coins, and there are also many fraudulent faucet sites.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:52:24 AM

as the faucet developer i think it no longer worth it, because the visitor decreasing, and the bitcoin price is high, but for the fauceters that find the faucet website it will very worth it, because we can get the bitcoin with big amount and just wait and fill the capthcha

CoinsGazer

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:24:03 AM

Advertisers are mostly interested in the traffic to their sites, so in addition to cost, the added approach is absolutely worthless. Receiving traffic through a bitcoin faucet is the cheapest variant. However, experienced advertisers, whose services are far from expensive, closely monitor unfair fraud, so cooperation will not last for bitcoin faucets.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:41:07 AM

No longer worth it if you had a lot of time to claim with those. But for the owner if theres traffic on his faucet it can be another source for him but as time goes by, fewer people are fauceting. I remember again on how I started and people from the forum before said the same thing today. Nothing has changed, the same thoughts and opinions given to faucets thay they really are no longer profitable.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:12:06 AM

I guess everyone here started with faucets and I myself admits I played with it, installed in one of my smart phones and earned a few Satoshis in a day. But after a while and learning that there are more ways earning Bitcoins than clicking adds and killing aliens in a game, I stopped and focused on something that help me earn more with less time needed.
proxydomain711

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:20:11 AM

I think they're no longer worth it. Too small earning with too much time invested, and you don't gain anything at all, not even lessons about bitcoin. Well, maybe you can understand few things about bitcoin and its value in the market. A good place to start on but definitely not when you plan to go long run on cryptocurrency world.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:27:30 AM

I see now there are very few faucets that give a lot of coins, and there are also many fraudulent faucet sites.

That is a faucet we are talking about, it don't really give that much satoshis as mining and advertising would give you. Some even said that it is a waste of time, it might be right but it still depends on that individual.

I think faucet is not that worth it nowadays, it is not a waste of time since you are earning something but not that much. I guess instead of using your tine on faucets, better focus it on other things that will give you more profit or money.
wairawein

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:33:13 AM

About 2 or 3 years ago, Bitcoin faucets are very valuable and that is a new form that people can earn Bitcoin, some people have joined since the beginning and have some profit.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:37:08 AM

Nope. I don't think faucets weren't made to be monetized with in the first place. It was more of so that the people could test out and transact with bitcoin without putting in money.

Honestly if you're going to find something to make money on, look for something that also can actually improve your skills. You literally don't learn anything from collecting faucets alone as all you're going to do is solving captchas.
Yes, I agree, he doesn't learn anything from solving captchas. If he has no skill in developing skill in bitcoin or cyrptocurrency, I think he can join some bounty programs from legit ICos. Social media bounty is the easiest, the second is via writing article or blog. By writing he will a lot of concept in cryptocurrency because he should read white paper, the payment may not in bitcoin but he can sell it to bitcoin then.
sakahayang

Activity: 414

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:09:11 AM

Faucet is indeed one of the activities of my friend and me in searching for Bitcoin fractions, about three years ago I often gathered to do activities in the faucet and the results were pretty good, enough for everyday snacks.
But with time, Faucet feels more difficult to do. Besides being seldom in demand, the faucet seems to drain a lot of time, in contrast to the new ones, namely airdrop, bounty and giveaway. Because of that I think people out and not invest in the faucet.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:18:33 AM

For me they are not worth anymore.
Some or most of them are just scams and dont really pay people.
Some of them will get you so much time and long konths to earn a few satoshis to get your small payment.
I rather do airdrops than doing faucets.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:29:01 AM

My latest faucet claim was worth $10 a few weeks ago but is now worth $30 due to the doge bull run.

I’ve made several claims for the site and the latest one was after being inactive for a few months.
I never been involved on any faucets because it does not seem to he profitable. I rather used my time and effort on working where I know that I could earn good for the perfect time. Also some of it is not as legit like where you are in. So I step aside on faucets and choose airdrops before where it is more profitable and free which I can say that worth it to give attention.

glorybtc

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:31:46 AM

I also did it when i first know about bitcoin, at this time bitcoin faucet is more scam, just spends our time, sometimes bitcoin we get from the faucet can't be withdrawn
wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:43:10 AM

I have already heard that faucet sites not already paying long time ago.So i think many people wasting there time for this, Not only bitcoin have a faucet they have too altcoins and tokens faucet but its no realy worth it.
Dtony

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:45:36 PM

I never been involved on any faucets because it does not seem to he profitable. I rather used my time and effort on working where I know that I could earn good for the perfect time. Also some of it is not as legit like where you are in. So I step aside on faucets and choose airdrops before where it is more profitable and free which I can say that worth it to give attention.

I used to claim for a ton of different faucets but just that one. Parachute takes up way to much of my time and has been worth my time. I have several hundred dollars worth of crypto from their airdrops.

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:07:33 PM

Someone need to invent some new model for faucets game. They were so popular couple of years ago and many newcomers came from those sites. Most popular faucet today is freebitco.in i guess but they are actually a dice site more than a faucet.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:14:45 PM

I used to claim for a ton of different faucets but just that one. Parachute takes up way to much of my time and has been worth my time. I have several hundred dollars worth of crypto from their airdrops.

For me too, faucets are not worth it too that is why I did not focus much on it, instead focusing my self in some other way where I can learn a lot just like doing a research with everything about bitcoin and I am fulfilled because I am learning as well as earning from it, so for me no need to waste time there, we should at least invest our time wisely.
Dtony

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:33:09 PM

For me too, faucets are not worth it too that is why I did not focus much on it, instead focusing my self in some other way where I can learn a lot just like doing a research with everything about bitcoin and I am fulfilled because I am learning as well as earning from it, so for me no need to waste time there, we should at least invest our time wisely.

I do still claim from one just because it kept my loyalty rewards despite me not claiming for months and my referrals are still pretty active haha.

But Parachute has done wonders for my crypto portfolio. ETH/BTC tipbot for Telegeamnin thenworks plus an exchange in the future! $$$ haha
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: