Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:24:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happen if the token or coin does not get into the market?  (Read 564 times)
Applechild (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:29:16 PM

I have some coins and token in my wallet and for some time now no news about the platform or coin. What happen if after we all struggle to support ICOs through the different media and beyond even our capacity and the token does not get into the market or what is paid to you as reward for your support is something that is almost as good as nothing, what do you do in such cases? Is there anyway to remove such coins from your wallets? Personally I did some airdrop when I heard they were good but my rewards are so little that I wish there is a way I can delete it out of my wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
slightmoon

Activity: 224

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 08:32:42 PM

Most of the teams are not listing their coins due to current market situation. It's just normal. But many times people get tokens with really low value and can't sell in the exchange even if it's listed. So, those coins nothing for them. If by any case if tokens are not listed no one get anything special. Those coins just stay in our wallet with no value.

IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 08:38:00 PM

It’s not possible to delete them away from your wallet
You have to bear with it

They are mostly 10,15,200 tokens what worth 0.002$ and does not bring any regard
But I think best way to avoid them is rare
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:40:45 PM

I have some coins and token in my wallet and for some time now no news about the platform or coin. What happen if after we all struggle to support ICOs through the different media and beyond even our capacity and the token does not get into the market or what is paid to you as reward for your support is something that is almost as good as nothing, what do you do in such cases? Is there anyway to remove such coins from your wallets? Personally I did some airdrop when I heard they were good but my rewards are so little that I wish there is a way I can delete it out of my wallet.

I am sorry if your rewards have come to amount to nothing, but that is really the risk you take devoting your time and energy to some of these ICOs...nothing personal, I understand your frustration.

Things to keep in mind going forward though:

1. You only put forth your time and effort, not your hard earned money, so you lose noting but time

2. Just because they are not listed on an exchange yet doesn't mean they wont get listed in the future, there are a lot more crypto exchanges being created.

3. Try and only bounty hunt ICOs that have an already dedicated exchange partner, like cryptopia or hitbtc

I have dabbled a little bit with ICO bounties in the past but in some cases it really may not be worth the time and effort. The only way I can see it being worth it is if 1 of the ICOs you did some bounties for did really well in the long run.

Here is a thread of someone pretty much asking the same thing:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2661733.0

Seems like the only way to clear your wallet of wasted coins is just to send them to a burn address.
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:44:39 PM

So meaning, you received your tokens from an airdrop. We have the same and I think all of us have the same experience. Some project are not successful that is why their token/coin don't have the chance to get listed in the market. Possible reason are lack of investors, the team is not working so hard to make the project success. The platform is not good to attract investors.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

chenczane

Activity: 430

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:50:21 PM

It happened to me many times. Supporting a project by a signature campaign and social media campaign. You did all your best and did not get paid for what you have done. Most of the coins are not listed. They gave you your reward then after that, nothing will happen. It is not possible to remove it in your wallet. The coins/token will be there for the rest of your live. Lucky if the coin hits the exchange after a year.
Applechild (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:55:37 PM

Thanks for that contribution. that is the right thing to do I mean sending them to burn address. Anyone that you know? I mean the burn address? Like you are a mind reader, i feel frustrated receiving 5 units of token that is worth nothing, just stock in my wallet. I had earlier abandoned the wallet because of this but I dont know why I checked today and got pissed off.

I am sorry if your rewards have come to amount to nothing, but that is really the risk you take devoting your time and energy to some of these ICOs...nothing personal, I understand your frustration.

Things to keep in mind going forward though:

1. You only put forth your time and effort, not your hard earned money, so you lose noting but time

2. Just because they are not listed on an exchange yet doesn't mean they wont get listed in the future, there are a lot more crypto exchanges being created.

3. Try and only bounty hunt ICOs that have an already dedicated exchange partner, like cryptopia or hitbtc

I have dabbled a little bit with ICO bounties in the past but in some cases it really may not be worth the time and effort. The only way I can see it being worth it is if 1 of the ICOs you did some bounties for did really well in the long run.

Here is a thread of someone pretty much asking the same thing:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2661733.0

Seems like the only way to clear your wallet of wasted coins is just to send them to a burn address.
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:03:03 PM

If the tokens that you earned through ICO bounties end up not being listed then it will not have real value as of the moment because for it to have value it should be traded and moved through different users. If the devs or the managers are not updating in their project specially if they are not listed then it is most likely a scam, that is why project evaluation is important and not just join all of the bounties and spend your time earning nothing. 

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:11:46 PM

You can't remove those coins unless you send it to another wallet.

There's no way to delete those dust amounts that are shown for your wallet. I have read the same question before but answers says that there's no way that you can do about it. I feel that your efforts are wasted and got nothing but take it as a lesson that its the risk that you'll get after joining some bounties/airdrops.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:47:51 PM

I do not now if you are really specific about tokens from airdrop or from ICO. If you are particular about tokens from airdrop, for such, there might be any specific time. The developer chooses when he feels he can list it, because most are given to holders for free, so you have to wait for him. On the other hand, if it is ICO, the developer is obliged to list. Although, whoever might have have invested into such ICO believes in it. So, you can still question the team as regards when they will list, to know if they have a genuine reason for holding it back. That not withstanding, a genuine ICO will list it coin.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:57:03 PM

Most of the teams are not listing their coins due to current market situation. It's just normal. But many times people get tokens with really low value and can't sell in the exchange even if it's listed. So, those coins nothing for them. If by any case if tokens are not listed no one get anything special. Those coins just stay in our wallet with no value.
I don't think it's normal for you or me to waste my time and not get paid for it. I Try to help people to collect the necessary amount for their startup, and they do not give me a coin as a thank you. That's not a good thing they did.
As well I also have the purse there are coins that don't bring me any good. I can't sell them, but they're lying. I am not sure at all that once these coins can be sold.Very much a Scam.
Sondale

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:57:45 PM

well i think that it is okay and there is nothing bad or scary in this situation so you have nothing to worry about
Sondale

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:58:47 PM

I don't think it's normal for you or me to waste my time and not get paid for it. I Try to help people to collect the necessary amount for their startup, and they do not give me a coin as a thank you. That's not a good thing they did.
As well I also have the purse there are coins that don't bring me any good. I can't sell them, but they're lying. I am not sure at all that once these coins can be sold.Very much a Scam.
of course we should not waste our time for things tjat are not going to bring us profit but still we can get into this situation
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:02:33 PM

If a coin or token can't enter the market space is a very bad sign because it means that people out there don't know about it and so there won't be much demand for these either.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:03:09 PM

Most projects are not just ready yet to enter any exchange. You don't have to worry much about exchange now provided the team is actively carrying out their development targets they will definitely go on exchange.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:04:57 PM

As far as I know tokens from a purse cannot be removed. If they came to you to a purse, then they will lie there already always. You can just not pay attention to them and continue to work further. If they disturb you, then can transfer them just to other purse.
arthur305

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:09:25 PM

Well you can't really do anything with such tokens if they don't get to the exchanges. You will just have to leave them in your wallet and wait until it is listed on some exchange.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:08:16 PM

Well nothing happens in such situations if a token is not listed on exchange or market
Such token will remain in your wallet useless and of no value Whatsoever
Which is not really good if you spent weeks or months promoting such projects

CrossHedge

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 06:11:22 PM

irinakovallove

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:21:30 PM

Coins that do not go to the exchange will remain in your purse, you can not remove them. But there is a way out, send to another purse. But the question? Why do this? Let them lie, maybe someday, in a year or two they will be on the stock exchange
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: