Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Found multiple old wallets - how to open?  (Read 294 times)
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 07:27:32 AM

I want to extract the private keys from some old btc wallets. When starting pywallet I get "Warning:root:pycrypto or libssl not found, decryption may be slow".

This warning can be safely ignored.

Then when I run the command to dump private keys I get the error "DB_CREATE|DB_INIT_LOCK|DB_INIT_LOG|DB_INIT_MPOOL|DB_INIT_TXN|DB_THREAD|DB_RECOVER)) bsddb.db.DBNoSuchFileError: (2, 'No such file or directory -- C:\Users\Ibrahim\Appdata\Roaming\Bitcoin\__db.001"

What (exact) command are you trying to execute ?
Also, did you make sure to have a few backups of your wallet files available ? Pywallet can mess up those files pretty heavily, making them unreadable.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ibrahim11 (OP)

Activity: 777
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:53:26 PM

I want to extract the private keys from some old btc wallets. When starting pywallet I get "Warning:root:pycrypto or libssl not found, decryption may be slow".

This warning can be safely ignored.

Then when I run the command to dump private keys I get the error "DB_CREATE|DB_INIT_LOCK|DB_INIT_LOG|DB_INIT_MPOOL|DB_INIT_TXN|DB_THREAD|DB_RECOVER)) bsddb.db.DBNoSuchFileError: (2, 'No such file or directory -- C:\Users\Ibrahim\Appdata\Roaming\Bitcoin\__db.001"

What (exact) command are you trying to execute ?
Also, did you make sure to have a few backups of your wallet files available ? Pywallet can mess up those files pretty heavily, making them unreadable.

I am running this command which gives me the error stated in my other post:

pywallet.py --dumpwallet --wallet=C:\Users\xxxxxxx\wallet.dat --passphrase="xxx" > C:\Users\xxxxx\walletDump.txt

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: