Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoins ever be legal in India ?  (Read 215 times)
decentralvirtue (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:36:08 AM

After the recent developments in the world of cryptocurrencies especially bitcoins in specific we have come to see a drastic change in the mindset of people towards the adoption of cryptocurrencies and the potential it holds. For example a dealership in houston texas is accepting bitcoins as a means of payment for the purchase of Rolls Royce cars and a major store in Japan is accepting bitcoins. But amidst all this what about India what does India have to say about all this ?
Well it seems to me that India might be late to the party but I strongly do believe India will eventually adopt bitcoins and this is more likely to happen if the verdict of the supreme court is in the favour of cryptocurrecnies for which the verdict has been postponed to Setember 17th.
What do you guys feel about this ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:11:46 PM

After the recent developments in the world of cryptocurrencies especially bitcoins in specific we have come to see a drastic change in the mindset of people towards the adoption of cryptocurrencies and the potential it holds. For example a dealership in houston texas is accepting bitcoins as a means of payment for the purchase of Rolls Royce cars and a major store in Japan is accepting bitcoins. But amidst all this what about India what does India have to say about all this ?
Well it seems to me that India might be late to the party but I strongly do believe India will eventually adopt bitcoins and this is more likely to happen if the verdict of the supreme court is in the favour of cryptocurrecnies for which the verdict has been postponed to Setember 17th.

Personally I don't think bitcoin will be legal in india anytime in future because of the international relations which india have almost majority of the countries don't think bitcoin as the most legal way of transactions so since india has been on the safe side for many time so it's gonna do the same play which other countries like china, north korea , russia are playing .
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:34:49 PM

In my opinion nothing is going to happen in India. Its India, dont expect too much. Yes one thing you can expect . That is the  court case will be dragged unnecessary for a long period.
raghovsing34

Activity: 333
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 04:54:12 PM

In my opinion nothing is going to happen in India. Its India, dont expect too much. Yes one thing you can expect . That is the  court case will be dragged unnecessary for a long period.
Exactly you are right brother we can't expect too much. I think indian government don't know the bengits of cryptocurrency. Maybe they just want to say it's illegal without research about its benefits.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:37:50 PM

Legalizing bitcoin is the least of the worries Indian government has. The section of populace involved is also not going to be the activist type. I think cryptocurrencies and bitcoin would go down the way most tabooed subjects go. They have no legal definition or acceptance but they aren't illegal either.

The oldest profession is also defined in similar ambiguous terms in India. Prostitution, per se is not a crime but "pimping" certainly is. So all you people selling your own time and services (bodies) amongst each other in crypto will not have any problem.
But the organizers, companies that aim to profit from crytpo (Like the pimps; Sorry for the brutal analogy..) will most certainly not be able to do so.
CoinFellow

Activity: 39
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:35:03 AM

In the last hearing in Supreme Court, it was the RBI which took a stand that they cannot equate Crypto with Fiat currency. And RBI is right in that, because that is their mandate. They cannot have Crypto as legal mode of payment.

It is for Government of India (GoI) to take a stand and not RBI. No one is saying to replace Crypto with Fiat Currency - as like no one is saying that Taxes should be allowed to be paid in Cryto.

As has been discussed before, regulation is the key, no making it legal/illegal. SEBI is doing a fine job in regulating stock markets.
chennappa121

Activity: 400

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:39:27 PM

You are right brother what you mentioned points in your posts that will show how world going see bitcoin as a positive and the blockchain Technology adaptation but India have to learn from them how to used blockchain Technology or any advance technology countries like USA China Japan and more countries are adopting the technology very beginning.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
sathyamg

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 01:40:13 PM

Till GOI takes a decision its difficult to say what will happen. Court cases generally take a lot of time.  Follow this news to get more information on court case.

https://news.bitcoin.com/rbi-ban-hearing-delayed-indian-supreme-court-crypto/
CoinFellow

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:48:31 PM

Till GOI takes a decision its difficult to say what will happen. Court cases generally take a lot of time.  Follow this news to get more information on court case.

https://news.bitcoin.com/rbi-ban-hearing-delayed-indian-supreme-court-crypto/

I suppose, this link has old news. Anyone has an idea when is the next hearing scheduled in Supreme Court?
~Money~

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:22:56 AM

agreed dont expect anything here.... and btc will not be legal here .. may be after 5 or 10 yrs we can see anything but for now nothing will happen here.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:40:53 AM

May not be in next one decade.
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:45:58 PM

Absolutely it will take minimum one decade to to bring some regulations or legalize.Something which cannot be controlled or which does not have physical identity is hard to control.Moreover government will never give financial freedom to its mass.There are pros and cons to everything so seeing the current scenario it will only be lingering and adjournment everyday.We all are aware of how much un-accounted money had been present in the past and still now so until and unless every tiny bit of those had been put to some purpose it will go on and on.The only thing I am missing is that mining operations are now-a days not much profitable but soon we will find some way or the other for nice trading,just like good old times.
happy trading all.Enjoy crypto market.
ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:02:20 PM

This is the big problem in India because India always take time to adapting any new technology compared to other countries. Because of Indian political but surely Indian government will be adapt blockchain Technology and other Crypto currency also.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █