Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:26:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Refusing to pay cash!! Is it possible?  (Read 251 times)
cryptowisser (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:28:45 AM

We think it is. One of our writers wrote a short story showing how you could go about living your life without ever having to carry around a stack of cash or a normal bank debit card:
https://www.cryptowisser.com/cryptocurrency-merchants/

Do you think the story (which is fictional) could reflect a day in a non-fictional person's life?

All the best,
Cryptowisser
cescudero95

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:39:54 AM

I think it could, but not in all places.  In some poorer nations or regions, for example, the cash economy is much more prevalent.

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
TheBiochemist

Activity: 134

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 02:26:47 PM

it is getting harder and harder to pay with cash in sweden for example, most places wont accept it, only debit cards. But for crypto it is pretty much non existant, there is like 1 coffee shop and a store in sweden that accepts btc hehe I would have to live of coffee and what i can buy at the onion web Tongue

I guess most items could be bought, in the tech sector etc but food would be the problem for me at least! But soon it will turn around, all we need are debit cards that can be used to spend crypto, like the Coin base one!

Cool article!

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 03:04:31 PM

We think it is. One of our writers wrote a short story showing how you could go about living your life without ever having to carry around a stack of cash or a normal bank debit card:

Do you think the story (which is fictional) could reflect a day in a non-fictional person's life?

All the best,
Cryptowisser

of course thats possible.

PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:15:09 PM

Without cash easy to live, but without debit card impossible. Just small amount of places accept crypto. But maybe after some years we gonna pay by crypto as easy as with a bank card
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:35:48 PM

Not only possible, it'll be everyday reality in near future. Cash is too difficult to control for governments, so they are pushing really hard to promote other ways of paying, and what's easier trace than electronic payments?
I know you're talking about cryptos, but in my country that's years behind 1st world card payments are promoted in TV everyday so much I'm sick of it.
In some Scandinavian country it's already possible for shops not to accept cash Shocked I'm worried other countries will follow this path  Sad

marccolette

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:39:37 PM

I think it is possible to refuse cash when and only when the country grows rich
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 12:55:45 PM

I think it could, but not in all places.  In some poorer nations or regions, for example, the cash economy is much more prevalent.

I thought so too.  Then I came to China and discovered that almost nobody uses cash at all except for foreigners and some black market deals.  Digital coin (predominantly wechat bucks and alipay bucks) are used by everyone, rich and poor alike. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:53:09 AM

This would work in most developing countries. But for those that are not, I doubt it. Good luck getting a ride without cash.
UconBit

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:16:27 AM

I can see it happening in the future. I don't think it would be in form of crypto but in digital payment, the same way that is currently being done in China. Right now, I don't think it's going to happen when in your developing countries like the Philippines wherein every move you make, you need cash to pay. But I think even countries like that are slowly adapting to cashless forms since when I went there I've seen some mobile companies offering some type of digital remittance / payments and such.
twthmoses

Activity: 301
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:48:31 AM

The Nordic countries are going to be cash-less in less than 10 years. Not that physical fiat is going to be abandoned, - another 10-15 years for that I think, but in the sense that no one uses them anymore. All is going to be in the digital fiat, namely credit card, Mobil pay and online banktransfeer / shopping. Already 70-80% of all transactions going on in this form.
logitechwow

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

The plot is not fictional, it will be a couple of decades.
You heard something about bio-passports, chips?
I've heard that this is the future that the story tells
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:05:37 PM

Of course, it possible but not right now. For one, not all business establishments accept bitcoin just yet. You'd still need cash or credit/debit cards for that. But maybe in the future they will start accepting bitcoins as well. Then we could talk about paying in bitcoins again.
adriana_jones

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:58:53 PM

Approximately a year ago i found it as something impossible but now I do not pay in cash at all, it is so convinient and mobile just to pay in one click with your credit card; may be in the nearest future there would be less and less cash, and we will all use virtual money, who knows. I support that tendency but there is one drawback for me: when I pay with credit card, i do not count money and spend more of it.
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:29:59 PM

This would totally depend on which part of the world  you live in.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:33:00 AM

All the best,
Cryptowisser

what is this? new project?
arion6868

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:28:12 PM

the story is quite creative, that is possibly we could live in cashless era, maybe another 10 years to develop Grin
James_Cline

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:36:32 AM

It’s possible. Just as long as bitcoin (or other coins) is accepted as a method of payment, then it makes for a practical system. It removes the hassle of having to bring cash, using cards, providing signatures. etc.  And of course, it’s transparent, secure and fast. So yes, I think it’s possible to go cashless and cardless in the future.
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:48:49 AM

I believe that cash will soon lose its meaning because if you really think they are not practical and not convenient. If all countries will go on to use debit card then everyone will have to get used to but over time everyone will get used. People are just afraid of change.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: