Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: loose != lose  (Read 3602 times)
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:00:21 PM

Me loosted mah coans!!! Gib i fre coans!

--

Average quality post it seems.  Roll Eyes

nkocevar

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:44:23 PM

The question is - can you politely correct someone's spelling without being thought of as a troll?

I believe the answer to that question is no. I have tried in the past and failed many times. I am a grammar nazi as well, but NO! I cant correct people's grammar!

bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:48:01 PM

The question is - can you politely correct someone's spelling without being thought of as a troll?

I believe the answer to that question is no. I have tried in the past and failed many times. I am a grammar nazi as well, but NO! I cant correct people's grammar!

A few days back, I suggested this feature: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627768.0

Honestly, I think it's a great idea to implement into the new forum software.

nkocevar

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:02:20 PM

A few days back, I suggested this feature: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627768.0

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Holy shit! Thats a great idea! Why wasn't I made aware of that earlier!?! Is there any progress being made on it, such as development?

bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:07:49 PM

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Holy shit! Thats a great idea! Why wasn't I made aware of that earlier!?! Is there any progress being made on it, such as development?

When the new forum software comes out, I'm fairly sure this will be part of it. So far, everyone seems to support the stackexchange method of doing things (where the OP chooses the modified text or not).

nkocevar

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:10:34 PM

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

When the new forum software comes out, I'm fairly sure this will be part of it. So far, everyone seems to support the stackexchange method of doing things (where the OP chooses the modified text or not).

Do you know when the new forum software is coming out? If so I hope it is implemented soon so I don't have a mental breakdown from reading these damn posts xD

droomph

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:33:28 AM

It's been said, "dont be a dick." :p

I think it's based on the context. If they accidentally missed an apostrophe and used "its" instead of "it's," mayyyyybe you should just let it slide.

But if thery're like mahsing on a kedsyp[board it's probably fine to correct them even if they get pissy
nkocevar

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:38:54 AM

It's been said, "dont be a dick." :p

I think it's based on the context. If they accidentally missed an apostrophe and used "its" instead of "it's," mayyyyybe you should just let it slide.

But if thery're like mahsing on a kedsyp[board it's probably fine to correct them even if they get pissy

Or of course you can tell the drunk typers to go be drunk elsewhere.. this occurred on a thread I was posting in earlier... It was quite hilarious.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: