Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns and controls the Federal Reserve?  (Read 5839 times)
dmartig

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:15:49 AM

I wish I was one of the representative of the Rothschild dynasty  Cheesy

in the old days the rothschilds were not permitted to marry outside the family. i think we all know what happens to genetics at that point

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:19:27 AM

Yes the media makes them seem like part of the Gov, but they are not.

Most of the Fed profits are handed over to the US Treasury, so it knows who the boss is, but Congress is treated with contempt by the Fed.

dmartig

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:41:19 AM

Most of the Fed profits are handed over to the US Treasury, so it knows who the boss is, but Congress is treated with contempt by the Fed.

" give me control of a nation's money and i care not who makes its laws" mayer amschel bauer

who gives a shit about a few basis points of profits when trillions go through the fomc and the discount window?
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:42:16 AM

Looks correct:

The Insanely Profitable Federal Reserve
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/14/the-insanely-profitable-federal-reserve.html

It also makes a metric ass-ton of money in the process, kicking this cash back upstairs to the U.S. government that permits it to operate.

How profitable is the Federal Reserve?

Victoria McGrane's story at the Wall Street Journal tells us about the Fed's incredibly lucrative 2013 (emphasis mine):

The Federal Reserve sent about $77.7 billion in profits to the Treasury Department in 2013.

The Fed in a statement released Friday said it made an estimated $79.5 billion in net interest income, a total largely driven by the $90.4 billion in interest income it made on its portfolio of Treasurys, mortgage bonds and other securities.

uranian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:09:58 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 12:23:35 PM by uranian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw9jXppiQEo

That's Jerry Ryan, a Fed employee, telling you who owns them.

Also worth a read:

Accordingly, although the government may have a substantial interest in the operation of the Federal Reserve Banks, it does not have a proprietary interest in them. We also conclude that the Bank is not a department, commission, administration, authority, or bureau of the federal government.

In light of the definition of agency in Title 28, the Hoag analysis, and the fact that the purpose of Rule 4 is not particularly well-served by declaring the banks to be federal agencies, we conclude that the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is not a federal agency.

http://media.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/05/04/042357P.pdf
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:25:29 AM

The Rothschild!

how come central bank (The Fed) can make money and US Gov must buy it?
isn't the fed private banking?
BitOnyx

Activity: 112

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:10:19 PM

FedR is organised this way since there wasn't enough money that government owns to really create high enough Reserves. Even though it is organised this way there is still supervision of governors democratically elected. Not to mention rules of law and judicature. It looks weird but in the end system works same as in other, more normal countries.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:22:23 PM

Looks correct...
The Fed in a statement released Friday said it made an estimated $79.5 billion in net interest income, a total largely driven by the $90.4 billion in interest income it made on its portfolio of Treasurys...

Ah yes, the FRB paid back to the UST a fraction of the interest which it charged the UST.  I think I know who is the sucker at this poker table.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
verdun2003

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:23:07 PM

Can't believe they managed they put it back for the 3rd time, the other 2 times were in late 18th century and in the 1830's when the great andrew jackson "killed the bank"

minime

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:07:51 AM

me do
roflmao
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:45:48 PM

It's not really profit, it's like if I gave myself a $1,000 loan and charged myself interest.  The interest I collect on myself really isn't profit, it's just passing from one hand to the other.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:49:50 PM

It's not really profit, it's like if I gave myself a $1,000 loan and charged myself interest.  The interest I collect on myself really isn't profit, it's just passing from one hand to the other.

The US citizens end up with a huge debt and the Fed makes a huge profit.

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:29:46 PM

'One Hundred Years is Long Enough. End the Fed' - Ron Paul

Ron Paul’s crusade against the Federal Reserve has been going on for several decades. He made several attempts to initiate a Senatorial audit of America’s central bank but has never found enough support even among the members of his own Republican party. Now, the former US Representative for Texas’ 14th and 22nd congressional districts continues his battle against the Federal Reserve by publicly criticizing its failures that hurt the US economy.

Ron Paul is concerned by the fact that Americans don’t want to recognize that “Fed’s growth from a quasi-agent of the Treasury Department intended to provide an elastic currency, to a de facto independent institution that has taken complete control of the economy through its central monetary planning.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/01/no_author/dont-say-you-werent-warned/

The Federal Reserve botched its stated mission. America’s “private central bank” was created with the stated goal of preventing financial crises such as the Panic of 1907. History proves that the Fed failed multiple times. The Great Depression, the recession of 1973-1975 and the recent financial crisis of 2008 happened on Fed’s watch and its critics argue that the central bank’s actions have exacerbated the damage done to American and global economies.

Free money sign up today  Roll Eyes

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:48:45 PM

I watched a video once about this same questions. Basically its big time investors/corporations that then loan the money to banks who then loan it to us with higher rates...

uranian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:35:14 PM

The best video on the subject of money and banking I've seen is "Money as Debt". Followed swiftly by "The Money Masters". If you watch either of those and you don't get angry, you're not paying attention.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:37:46 PM

It's faux profit.  Who is the profit going to?  The profit is in keeping the interest rates low so the banks make money.  The profit isn't in the interest income itself.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:29:28 PM

It's faux profit.  Who is the profit going to?  The profit is in keeping the interest rates low so the banks make money.  The profit isn't in the interest income itself.

It's not faux profit. It is the interest on printed money, so basically it is stealth-taxed from all holders of the US$, both domestically and internationally.

glendall
Legendary

Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:54:42 PM

You know what else is ridiculous?

You don't hear it mentioned much but the the Federal Reserve gives themselves a 6% profit from all the money they make out of thin air.

It's almost unbelievable.  Basically what happened is the banking cartels took over production of money. And they make a massive 6% profit from every dollar they make. It's an unfathomable amount of currency made for .... printing currency.   These vampires make money from making money which they then use to buy real assets such as islands, plans, politicians, mansions, Bentleys and private jets and other goods.

I don't think people would believe it. But it's true. Google 'federal reserve 6% dividend' .

These banking magnates effectively have the American people in choke hold and siphon an almost uncountable amount of money into their own pockets. It's all the money from the middle class flowing upwards for all these decades and will only lead to collapse, it is unavoidable.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:07:22 AM

Yup, 2 things the majority of America doesn't know about the Federal Reserve:
It's not Federal, and it's not a reserve.
It is truly depressing to me how much the average citizen knows about the Federal Reserve, if anything. Wake up people (to the sheep)! These banking cartels are controlling your life. The Fed makes announcements about Quantitive Easing, and the stock market either plummets or shoots up, no doubt putting infinity-millions more into the big banks' pockets when they buy/sell at the right time. Anybody on here a Zeitgeist fan?
And they call people conspiracy theorists when they suggest the Rothschilds have controlling stakes in the world...
Speaking of the Fed and their worthless funny money, there was a video posted by another member on one of these sub-forums that was pretty informative to anyone needing clarification on the U.S. money system. Here it is, if anyone hasn't seen it and is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

bitbouillion

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:18:23 AM

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: