Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is School for?  (Read 1636 times)
Insanerman (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:08:32 PM

Greetings to the world,
I am actually inspired by a public figure in facebook, and it really affect me and make me questioned myself What is school for actually?

As a student, I wonder how can these academics studies will benefit students in their future? Are these complex mathematics problems/ equation will going to have a real life use in the future? It also doesn't make sense to me why school system is forcefeeding all the knowledge in 6 hours per day and then measures all the knowledge you memorize thru a papertest?

What about the students who have a passion in their life but the school is destroying it little by little. Also, school doesn't teach students on how to buy their loans, houses, or any other stuffs that might be useful in their future.

School makes student depressed, suicidal, feel stupid, wanna die, hate life, sick, nervous. Is this what school for? Or maybe I am not just realizing it.

I am an average student, I just feel pity for my classmates who's trying their best but it is not enough. They have dreams but the school is destroying it.  Huh

Ps: English is not my native language.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turtletime

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:17:25 PM

Brainwashing and teaching us to obey authority. I reccomend that anyone that actually cares about their children to home school them and forget about the corrupt schooling system.
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 07:16:06 PM

School as far as I am concerned only put you on. You get the know the basic of life. With the basic you learn from, you can push yourself to your maximum potential toward your dream.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:22:55 PM

School is supposedly the training wheels for real life. Unfortunately, a lot of them are hexagon shaped and not circles. A lot but not all of them. I suggest you watch Ken Robinson's TED talk about education. It really is inspirational and thought-provoking.
Insanerman (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:53:32 AM

Brainwashing and teaching us to obey authority. I reccomend that anyone that actually cares about their children to home school them and forget about the corrupt schooling system.
It is okay thatvwe have this school system as it teaches us the basic education, but the sad thing is, they don't care about the student's physical and emotional health.
To get you ready for your slave career.
This is also another issue. School only focusses on the academics structure but not in the financial aspect. School system does'nt teach students about the need in harnessing their financial literacy. They tend to focus more on a stupid and complex mathematics. Schools are creating employees not entrepreneurs. Sad
School is supposedly the training wheels for real life. Unfortunately, a lot of them are hexagon shaped and not circles. A lot but not all of them. I suggest you watch Ken Robinson's TED talk about education. It really is inspirational and thought-provoking.
Yeah, thanks for your suggestion.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:23:48 AM

Presently, knowledge taught in school is the excuse to keep schools open. The reason for keeping schools open is to brainwash kids into the idea of one-world government.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
apleio

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:39:49 AM

For share with people and learn about courses. Its a good opportunity to do mistakes and learn from the others. Live is so short so it better enjoy the ride.
dewicrypt

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:52:01 AM

For me, school is not for your future. School is medium that we can learn atitude and social.
But school can help you to find your passion. School is mandatory for me.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:32:55 PM

For me, school is a place where you can learn how to socialize, how to work with others, how to respect each others. But not only school teach us how to deal with other human being, school also teach us how to deal with responsibilities, such as homework and test. Basically school is a way to prepare ourselves to be better when we were alone.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:34:05 PM

I somewhat agree with those of you who are against the system. Schools are made to make us average, all the same. To stand in lines, act like one body, obey, listen when people with authority are speaking, learn to copy the behavior of others.
A good aspect of schools is that they teach you the very basics. Basic math, writing, work out your brain a little, teach you to work at home and to learn. I know some people with only primary school education and they are incredibly dumb when compared to students, despite being older.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:51:49 PM

A good aspect of schools is that they teach you the very basics. Basic math, writing, work out your brain a little, teach you to work at home and to learn.
Another good aspect of schools is that they also help in the development of a person as a whole including the social aspects one will always have since first social interactions with many people the same age always happens first on schools. As for basic knowledge though, I doubt they only give that because they also teach advanced mathematics, writing, and skills one wants.
Sealis

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:53:18 AM

The school is for us to acquire knowledge which the past generations have acquired from their experiences. It also hones our minds to think critically and properly at times. However, this is just making us BE what the adults want US to be. Its making us follow their footsteps, making more and more people like them, making repeated mistakes, living the same lives, over and over and over again. This is why rebels and the like of such a system can make various achievements because they refuse to become similar to them. Of course im not blaming the system, its just the way it has been for a lot of years and is difficult to uproot. But the way they teach us the knowledge they want to impart is a tad bit too stupid in my terms. Instead of encouraging people with low scores, they scorn them. This makes the students accept the fact that they are INDEED stupid. They tell us to score higher so that they can appreciate us more. In my opinion though, students with lower scores should be able to achieve a higher standard than those with higher scores. After all, they have a much larger capacity with regards to improvement, and this should be the way of encouragement schools apply.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:40:22 PM

School is designed to turn people into slaves

School does not teach critical thinking skills... you are never taught how to think for yourself... you are only taught how to repeat information for a test... you only need to memorize information for a week or so at a time, and after being tested, you can forget it all

Schools don't teach you how to be a business owner, instead they teach you how to be a slave to a business owner

School gets you prepared for the 8-hour work day... which is horrible to be honest... people work 8 hours a day, spend another hour driving to work, another hour on lunch break... that's 10 hours set aside for work... plus 8 hours for sleep, leaves you with 6 hours a day for yourself...  during these 6 hours you have to do other things like shit, shower, shave, cook, eat, take care of the kids/pets, etc... in the end, you are lucky to get an hour a day to spend doing what you want to do (and not much time to think about your situation of being a slave, or how to make it better)

Employers want to pay people as little as possible, so the owner/CEO can take all the profits from the company.

Sounds like a great system, if you enjoy being a slave

It all starts with school
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:07:57 PM

A good aspect of schools is that they teach you the very basics. Basic math, writing, work out your brain a little, teach you to work at home and to learn.
Another good aspect of schools is that they also help in the development of a person as a whole including the social aspects one will always have since first social interactions with many people the same age always happens first on schools. As for basic knowledge though, I doubt they only give that because they also teach advanced mathematics, writing, and skills one wants.

I was thinking about mandatory education as it's the one that shapes a young person and the one that teaches everything at once, which IMO is a bit chaotic.
Higher education is more focused on your preferences and doesn't teach obedience and basic life skills. Although primary schools aren't fine in every aspect but they are needed. It's hard for an average person to achieve anything in life without basic education and guidance.

gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:26:35 PM

I think everyone knows the functions and benefits of going to school, the school is useful for getting knowledge such as reading, counting and many more benefits that can be obtained for students, differing opinions about what I think is fair, but in my opinion school is useful in the future
Boys27

Activity: 329
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:43:30 PM

school is useful to get knowledge, school is education that is very necessary for life, if education in a country is good then the economy in the country will be good even the country will be a good country because education will provide many benefits

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                         
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Yorkshire

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:01:11 PM

Formally, people go to school to get education. The process always begins in a little way from our infancy stage. At that level every child is taught how to read and write. If the child continues in his education as he mature into a grown up person definitely he cannot be compared with his peer who was not opportune to go to school. School teaches us so many things; how to relate with others and especially how to face the world after graduation.  School is a preparatory ground to learn and it is a continuous process because what you feel you know today may be obsolete in 10 years’ time. In fact we keep learning even after schooling because nobody is a repository of knowledge; two people may know the solution to a particular problem in two different ways.

ENCRYBIT.IO - Private Sale is Live! (https://encrybit.io/)
●Buy ENCX Tokens & Get up to 40% Discount●
boscorocks

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:29:53 PM

to brainwash the young with the beliefs of the rich
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:47:23 PM

Nope, you are on the right track buddy. Schools are producing robots every year they are teaching others how to follow orders because you are going to work for a company and your boss is going to give you orders. Schools are not teaching You stuff they are just training you for your future work but if you do not want to think about the future and care about your present day suggest working on what you like and you believe that your presentation skills if developed can make your future brighter then that is not what schools will focus. That is up to you and you have to give your time and hard work to grow that skill. I am very grateful that I study in a college only because I can study and grow my skills in their given time and can get much more then I have to submit them. Self-study is the main thing for a student and doesn't ever work hard for your educational institute only work hard for your own future.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:36:33 AM

School is considered to be our second home. It is an institution established that is responsible for a child's growth in every aspect. Be it --- academically, emotionally, spiritually, physically, mentally, socially, and psychologically. However, these factors of learning are sometimes not balanced since some schools unfortunately has different standards and demand regarding a student's performance. Sometimes and in somewhere, they are not aware and appreciative enough to the multiple intelligences of their students. On the pther hand, other schools are paying attention to those and letting them nurture and grow in their own way with proper guide and support. Schools should be a platform for dreams for them to come true and for its students to become anything that they want in a positive manner --- and that is what the school is for.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: