Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:37:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how governments can regulate digital currencies?  (Read 2179 times)
BitBay*

Activity: 440
Merit: 115

Zonda BTC, LTC , USD Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 09:30:30 AM

Governments can't really control or regulate digital currencies themselves but on the other hand, they can regulate and control financial institutions or exchanges.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:38:37 PM

Cryptocurrencies have been the target of regulations by you governments but since they can't control a decentralized currency, they instead imposed regulations on cryptoexchanges so they can monitor their flow of transactions. Most of the present are centralized and can be controlled but decentralized exchanges or DExs are also growing in numbers and it said to be safer way to trade than in centralized ones. Government might find it difficult to impose regulations on DEx because nobody actually owns it.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:09:25 PM

Complete regulation of crypto currencies is not possible that is why the governments don't know how to accept them as legal transaction method but if people uses the centralized exchages for storing purpose then they can be traced and their assets maybe recorded but it is impossible tho in a countries where we have people in millions or even in billions.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
dianepot

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:28:39 PM

Base on my opinion, crypto currency regulations will not as hard as it is. Here in our country, there are already merchants who accepts crypto. And banks also accepts bitcoin transactions. We can also convert or buy bitcoins in some money transfers.
Joshua101101

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:30:50 PM

According to Professor Williams, Bitcoin has already reached its historical maximum once and will no longer be able to repeat such a jump. Unlike gold, which has a tangible value.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:36:02 PM

Interesting question. But keep in mind they are government which means they have access to almost everything, even great people, hackers, it, computer geniuses etc. That is why I believe they could hire very smart people to help them regulate cryptos, or maybe they are already doing it, they are only waiting to apply it officially, who knows? Never underestimate the government.
You are very right, the government can easily do everything about crypto currencies in the country if the government forbids me to think that no one can do anything to free the ban if the government cooperates, maybe it will get better results.
dimiinx

Activity: 355
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:36:10 PM

Governments can't really control or regulate digital currencies themselves but on the other hand, they can regulate and control financial institutions or exchanges.
the government is the one that regulates all of a country that I know the government is in control of digital money is the day the minister of finance and minister of information technology because it is identical with today's technology so most likely the controlling person is that person
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:51:47 PM

Government cannot regulate the flow unless they legalized bitcoin as the currency. They cannot control something they don't know, since bitcoin seems unknown for them. But perhaps government can try to track the transaction from the token that is made administratively in licensing of electrical consumption and crypto exchange that transmit fiat.
Krizz.

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:52:07 PM

I think the government can adjust the digital money. The government will introduce strict regulations for the development of digital money. Some governments only allow quality coins to operate.
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:52:29 PM

I do not know that because I am not an official hehe my opinion that I ketauhi is that which regulates the state's superiors, namely the minister and so on, is a matter of managing finances, it is state and government affairs, we just follow it and I am also a commoner here
The Scorpion (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:56:39 AM

Regulation to date has been minimal, but history tells us that governments rarely preference light regulation – it just takes them a while to catch up with technology. There are a large number of issues that any government could regulate when it comes to cryptocurrency use among the public. In 2013, the U.S. Senate held the first hearings on Bitcoin. In that same year, FinCEN released the first announcement by any government agency related to the technology. The IRS was also the first tax agency in the world to clarify the tax treatment of Bitcoin and other digital currencies. Additionally, BitLicense in New York was the first licensing regime in the world directed at digital currencies.
chamika888

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:57:45 AM

Any cryptocurrency is at risk of being made illegal by any government. Owning and operating a money transmitter service in the U.S. is “illegal” unless it is registered with State agencies. This is also true if one uses Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency to exchange for fiat currency. Bitcoin is not immune from State or Federal laws regulating the flow of money, and agents can track bitcoin transfers over the blockchain.
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:01:44 AM

The question is, do cryptocurrencies really need regulating? It's been doing a fine well on its own so far, despite of the volatility, but does it really need regulating? Will users even benefit from it?
Bugatti73

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:25:31 AM

Very simple. It seems to me that the easiest way to start cryptoregulation with the control of  stock exchanges and cryptocurrency exchanges.
HanaBin

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:11:06 PM

From What I know, there is no way for government to regulate the bitcoin transaction , but they are trying to find solution to this problem so they can control the digital currency more clearly
kaena555

Activity: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:13:39 PM

Though it’s easy to see why governments would want to regulate the movement of digital currencies, the reality of doing so is much harder. A lot of wallets have no identification to them and rest on a server in a third party country. In the case of offline wallets in devices such as the Ledger Nano, they’re not connected to any network.so is it possible to regulate ?
Bitcoins only remove the issue of money laundering but all transactions are open and track down the point of exit of the cue ball in real, with some effort, the problem is not, unlike cash dollars.

VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:17:26 PM

Though it’s easy to see why governments would want to regulate the movement of digital currencies, the reality of doing so is much harder. A lot of wallets have no identification to them and rest on a server in a third party country. In the case of offline wallets in devices such as the Ledger Nano, they’re not connected to any network.so is it possible to regulate ?
Get down a little on the ground. All cryptocurrencies stay on electricity and any serious failure will lead to a collapse. Even now the world has become very fragile, the loss of electricity will lead to unpredictable consequences.

Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:21:51 PM

This is a free digital decentralized cryptocurrency, the rate of which is determined every minute as a result of trading. But about the fact that in the real world it is not worth anything, show me the place where she was not worth anything?
Minhxx

Activity: 412
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 03:52:52 PM

I also do not understand how they control the bitcoin, but in my opinion they will try to buy a lot of bitcoin and achieve a certain% and then they will disturb this market.

[
⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣     ComboNetwork.io     ⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:32:50 PM

As others have pointed out there is no practical way for governments to regulate bitcoin-they can however regulate exchanges and the banking industry thereby making life a little more tedious for us when we want to trade with our bitcoins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: