Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:27:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart-Contract Possibilities?  (Read 106 times)
AgentR (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 01:45:06 AM

I am eager to design my own erc20 (probably) token. I know very little about coding tokens. I am a great web dev, so I have something to offer to my own project:) My development ability is a cornerstone and reason for my token project...

I have a question about the feasibility of coding specific functions. I assume anything I think up IS possible, but i'm here to ask. Is it possible, does it exist already, how difficult, even how much I might have to pay someone etc. There will be more questions in the future, I am sure. Just want to make sure I am not imagining a pipe-dream to begin with.

Q: is it possible to create a 'mintable' coin, where the token holders vote on the amount minted, then who's wallet it goes to? This is a DAO idea, where no single person mints tokens, but community votes how many tokens shall be minted, and whom they go to.

Further: The actual token 'minted', then 'sent' to the wallet should be an average, but an average weighted by the amount of each 'voter' holds. In other words, the more tokens a holder has, the more weight his number carries in the 'average' result.

Problem: someone could send a number which is not honest, saying 10000000 when the mean is more like 900. It would need to exclude numbers too far from the mean, so that no one can easily skew the 'average' much with dishonesty.

Another function that might tackle problem (without much detail): if the voting seems 'funny', like a range of numbers or a few numbers WAY high (specific parameters to meet, not necessary for full explanation), can the vote be dismissed, so that no coins are minted, because too much 'disagreement' between holders?

Hope that makes sense! Hope you can help too, thanks!
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:30:28 AM

am eager to design my own erc20 (probably) token. I know very little about coding tokens. I am a great web dev, so I have something to offer to my own project:) My development ability is a cornerstone and reason for my token project...

I have a question about the feasibility of coding specific functions. I assume anything I think up IS possible, but i'm here to ask. Is it possible, does it exist already, how difficult, even how much I might have to pay someone etc.

I'm of the believe that before considering the possibility of creating a token. You should have already thought out an idea for the working product. And what problem you aim to solve.
This is what you would use as a bargaining chip when looking for partners.
I don't think developers should offer paid services. They are the people who would build your team, with their different skill sets.

Q: is it possible to create a 'mintable' coin, where the token holders vote on the amount minted, then who's wallet it goes to? This is a DAO idea, where no single person mints tokens, but community votes how many tokens shall be minted, and whom they go to.

Further: The actual token 'minted', then 'sent' to the wallet should be an average, but an average weighted by the amount of each 'voter' holds. In other words, the more tokens a holder has, the more weight his number carries in the 'average' result.

Problem: someone could send a number which is not honest, saying 10000000 when the mean is more like 900. It would need to exclude numbers too far from the mean, so that no one can easily skew the 'average' much with dishonesty.

It is very possible to do so, I know of a couple of platforms that do so.
But you said you plan on creating a 'token' not a coin, and tokens can only fit into the algorithm of the platform it's built upon.

In any endeavour, you can't accurately plan it out from the onset, take the first step, concentrate on the key factors.
The team
The product
And the process.
And take it a step at a time.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
AgentR (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:55:32 AM

Hi, thanks response. You assume I don't have a team and product idea. You think I have no objective and reason. I just asked specific questions. Rather not write a whitepaper here because I don't want people copying my idea before I put it into motion, thanks. Again, I am asking specifically about coin/token possibilities, do not wish to explain why. I made clear that I kind of expect to do this via erc20 if possible, because eth function helps other aspects of my coin, which I know will need, will make thing easier for everyone involved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: