Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:09:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It is Possible Ethereum Did Not Drop Due to ICO Sell Off After All  (Read 144 times)
TravelMug (OP)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:16:03 PM

https://u.today/it-is-possible-ethereum-did-not-drop-due-to-ico-sell-off-after-all

Possible it wasn’t ICOs

According to data provided by Diar, a research group that releases an in-depth weekly analysis on the global cryptocurrency market, the majority of major Blockchain projects based on Ethereum are still holding tens of millions of dollars in their Ethereum treasury.

I urge everyone to read and see if this make sense. The article says that its not the ICO's that has to blame for ETH sudden drop but the technology behind, dApps, because it didn't scale as expected giving investors false hope that's whey they dumped their ETH.

Although its also mentioned that most ICO had liquidated an average 62% of their ETH holding. So this alone has put tremendous amount of pressure on ETH that's why the price plummeted.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
solarsun

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:18:17 PM

https://u.today/it-is-possible-ethereum-did-not-drop-due-to-ico-sell-off-after-all

Possible it wasn’t ICOs

According to data provided by Diar, a research group that releases an in-depth weekly analysis on the global cryptocurrency market, the majority of major Blockchain projects based on Ethereum are still holding tens of millions of dollars in their Ethereum treasury.

I urge everyone to read and see if this make sense. The article says that its not the ICO's that has to blame for ETH sudden drop but the technology behind, dApps, because it didn't scale as expected giving investors false hope that's whey they dumped their ETH.

Although its also mentioned that most ICO had liquidated an average 62% of their ETH holding. So this alone has put tremendous amount of pressure on ETH that's why the price plummeted.

The prices are completely manipulated right now.  My theory is corporations and governments want in.  This is how they do it.  They come in and disrupt and scare people into selling.  We may now go sideways for a while as they attempt to bore and frustrate us to death.  Once they have what they want we will see a large spike up. 
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:21:44 PM

Possible it wasn’t ICOs

Those ICOs who cancelled or postponed the main sale because of ETH price are bad ICOs i think, they afraid they don't got quick profit right after their token listed and not having a long term project.
So, be wise on choosing ICOs
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 03:34:33 PM

I think everyone has ignored the most important and scary fact about Etherum
Which is = everyone is scared of hodling or depending on Etherum

Etherum has broke resistance too often and I’m not a fan either
TravelMug (OP)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:35:14 PM

The prices are completely manipulated right now.  My theory is corporations and governments want in.  This is how they do it.  They come in and disrupt and scare people into selling.  We may now go sideways for a while as they attempt to bore and frustrate us to death.  Once they have what they want we will see a large spike up.  

Scary thought. If wan't you are saying is true, then altcoins could be gone in the next 2 years. I'm not sure about this theory though. Doesn't makes sense at all. If governments wanted to attack, Bitcoin should be their number target and not ETH.

Those ICOs who cancelled or postponed the main sale because of ETH price are bad ICOs i think, they afraid they don't got quick profit right after their token listed and not having a long term project.
So, be wise on choosing ICOs

I don't get your point, the article says that most of the top ICO's have already liquidated most assets. If their project is good why are they afraid of their long long term project?

I think everyone has ignored the most important and scary fact about Etherum
Which is = everyone is scared of hodling or depending on Etherum

Etherum has broke resistance too often and I’m not a fan either

But if you look at the other side of the spectrum, the old adage: Buy Low, Sell High is likely appropriate today because the price is so cheap that you can buy a lot and stash it for good?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:43:45 PM

Possible it wasn’t ICOs

It's a bit contradictory. Perhaps what the article wants to say is that ICOs sell off was not the only cause. Anyway, I don't think dApps have had anything to do, I think that given the market situation some ICOs have sold part of their reserves and some people have managed to create a panic selling from which they have profited.
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:49:40 AM

The problems have already been shown to not be from icos, before every one thought that the drop was due to so many icos failing but now it turns out that it is actually the tech behind the project that is not doing as well as anyone expected and that is what caused the drop in prices. Looks like eth is starting to have similar problems to bitcoin

kayakcrypto9875

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:19:18 PM

It is a possibility that the market is being manipulated. On another note, we are seeing the ICO projects fail miserable is because of the increased number of scams and at the same time the lack of unique projects which are making the investors lose interest and are there for the short run only.
SaféTilt

Activity: 174

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:21:20 PM

dont try to find a reason for that dump. that is pure manipulation. whales need to dump eth for creating these types of fuds.. why 9 months ago eth was 1500 dollar ? the technology was too different ? no everything is same. only these are manipulation. dont need to afraid. they need to dump before pump

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 04:34:20 PM

The value and worth of Etherum did not dump only because of ico sales that dumped it
It occurred due to numerous circumstances and situations and we cannot solely blame dumpers
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:41:58 PM

~~snip~~

The prices are completely manipulated right now.  My theory is corporations and governments want in.  This is how they do it.  They come in and disrupt and scare people into selling.  We may now go sideways for a while as they attempt to bore and frustrate us to death.  Once they have what they want we will see a large spike up.  
I agree with you, the market is currently being manipulated. when we give up, suddenly the price will go to the moon. and vice versa when we believe he will fly high, apparently they fall

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 04:58:51 PM

Possible it wasn’t ICOs

yes indeed, especially if the ICO later turns into a scam. This is what we must be aware of at the ICO event. really filter out ICOs that have good potential and also often check the identity of the team.

most ICOs who scam will sell all ETHs from tokensale which will certainly make a bad impact. most likely also when the ETH experienced the worst drop this month, it was also a result of several ICO projects

bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:11:02 PM

It's also speculated that the drop was from bitmex adding eth swaps and the CEO pretty much encouraged users to short ETH, its been said he was anti ETH before anyways, I think its a combination of things though honestly.

With the ICOs I would bet that most had already liquidated a big portion of their ETH, and ETH wasn't the only way to fund these projects remember USD and bitcoin were accepted by most.

See the article about the bitmex swaps below:
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/bitmex-accused-of-manipulating-ether-price-as-ceo-claims-eth-will-drop-below-100/
Negdan4ik

Activity: 230

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:34:28 PM

in my opinion, if the projects postponed the sale, then there is a good reason, most likely it is because of the fall of the market, or else there is an option it is a bad project and do not rely on it but it is worth checking.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: