Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:41:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you still invest in Crypto related projects, if you know it was a scam?  (Read 485 times)
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 12:28:03 PM

But the fact is most of these ponzi scheme are profitable to early adopters before their pool runs out of money, many are investing simply believing their money could be retrieved when its some sort of hyped, and they might be able to at least earn a few percent more of what they are investing, ponzi scheme wouldn't simply get off simply because of its attractive bonus over a period of time

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:55:28 PM

A few years ago, we had the "Cloud mining" phenomenon and most people were warned that it was a Ponzi scheme, but they

still invested. A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud in which a purported businessman lures investors and pays profits to earlier

investors using funds obtained from newer investors. Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

I still see some of those types of schemes around, so I was wondering if these schemes has changed their business model or

if people are knowingly investing in these schemes.  Huh

I know Ponzi schemes are legal in some countries, but most of these schemes are advertised globally, so they should not be

legal in countries where they are classified as being illegal.  Undecided

Would you still invest in something, even if you know it is a scam?

I used to.
Because i know many people will get scamed and i can get profit from it (even i also can be the target that scammed)
But now, i realize that that's not good and make an opportunity the grow a scammer. So i stopped
Shadon24

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:00:57 PM

If I know the projects I'm investing in are fraudulent, I will check the information and verify their eligibility then decide to stop investing. and how about you?
Amajaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 01:13:52 PM

Definitely not at all.. Why should i waste my money if i knew it is a scam project.. Its hard to deal with that unless you have enough money and not even bother how much you can loss..
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:23:53 PM

It depends on how much knowledge I'd have. If I was sure that it's a scam or was an insider i'd definitely not invest and avoid it. I'd also make sure potential investors know about it. That's what I used to do in the shady cloud mining threads.
If It was all rumors with no substance and the investment looked promising I might try it out. It would all depend on my gut feeling at that point.

Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 01:45:26 PM

A couple of months ago, I invested in similar projects. But now I realized that nothing good can come of this, and therefore I do not invest any more, since I consider almost 85% of scam projects.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:01:03 PM

There is a literal Ponzi scheme in the Altcoin section going on right now, the creators acknowledge it as scam yet all the news accounts are hyped. 3% a day for life they keep saying and calling themselves investors. I have ran out of energy trying to convince them.

At least your conscience is at peace and those poor souls who invest pay the scammers won't be able to say that nobody warned them.
Greed is part of every human. I'm also no longer arguing with cloud mining enthusiasts. It's a waste of time. Half of them didn't believe me and the other half ignored it.

AdoboCandies

Activity: 680
Merit: 173

Giggity

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:49:34 PM

Of course not, who the fuck would do that why would you waste some money on some garbage scam, but no one knows because if you are earning money through that why not, but how would you know that project is a scam in the first place you need a better understanding in the thing you are investing, nowadays many people are getting scam so easily because the scammers are getting intelligent while the people are getting dumber falling for their petty scam.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:04:56 PM

it will all come down to that "knowing" part in my opinion. in most cases you don't exactly KNOW something is scam until it is too late. for example i didn't know Bittrex, cryptscy, ... were scams and i still lost money. obviously if i "knew" they were scams i would have never put my money there!
we always have suspicions  about these services that they may be scam but we can never know until it is too late.

of course there are "obvious scams" that others are mentioning but those are too obvious and i personally will stay away.

There is a FOMO brewing...
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:03:02 AM

I understand your logic here. Some may still support the project because they will still benefit from it. Though it may be silly to support a known scam projects, many are intendly blind by supporting it like promoting it, joining, etc. But if i were to ask, i wouldn't waste my precious time with the useless fraud projects.
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:07:23 AM

Isn't any mining process a pyramid? But nevertheless more and more people do it in order to get more money.
SO here's the answer to your question. People are ready to anything in order to get rich.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:47:56 AM

Only a fool will invest to a known scam projects if we already knows that our hard earned money will only be steal. We invest so that our money will grow into possible multiple folds but not just to be steal by this scam people therefore if the people are afraid to join Crypto because it is very risky then they should more afraid if they already know that the project that using crypto currency platform is a scam.
muchachita14

Activity: 79
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:56:55 AM

No! You should not invest. When you make this kind of investment even you know it was a scam which you should never do, you are speculating. This is not a useful activity. You’re playing a psychological, win-lose battle against other humans with money as the sole objective. Even if you win money through dumb luck, you have lost time and energy, which means you have lost.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:10:34 PM

Well, it depends actually on the investor. Before investing, do some research about that project first, assess the community and the team behind it. Also, invest only what you can afford to lose. Maybe if they are lucky, they could be one of those who will profit as early investors. If they are not lucky, they they have to learn the lesson from that mistake and be a better investor. Personally, I'll decide whether to invest or not after doing my research and risk only if its worth it.
brooklynian

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:20:59 PM

This is a type of situation we will continue to have until the fraudsters are no longer interested in defrauding people any longer. People are mainly caught by this unreasonably outrageous profit that these fraudsters use to entice them and no longer care about any warning signals.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:32:03 PM

First of all,I will never invest on the cloud mining sites again because I understand that most of the cloud mining sites were scam and the few legit are also not worth to invest.

When I come to know about the crypto project is scam I wo't invest on it unless I found that I can make money out of it too.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:56:34 PM

A few years ago, we had the "Cloud mining" phenomenon and most people were warned that it was a Ponzi scheme, but they

still invested. A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud in which a purported businessman lures investors and pays profits to earlier

investors using funds obtained from newer investors. Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

I still see some of those types of schemes around, so I was wondering if these schemes has changed their business model or

if people are knowingly investing in these schemes.  Huh

I know Ponzi schemes are legal in some countries, but most of these schemes are advertised globally, so they should not be

legal in countries where they are classified as being illegal.  Undecided

Would you still invest in something, even if you know it is a scam?

I used to participate in cloud mining a couple years ago. I was a beginner at that time and had no experience when I was involved in a ponzi scheme like that. I was scammed once and after that I never touched the ponzi scheme anymore. So, if I know that a type of investment is fraudulent, I am very sure I will keep away from it!

aray80

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:05:37 PM

Up course not, Of the many fraudulent scam projects that trap investors is by utilizing what is not known to investors so that this fraud project will continue to grow as long as they have the opportunity
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:25:57 PM

It's most time not quite east to very detect a particular crypto project is scam in this age. But if by chance one should know this project am about to invest my treasure into is a scam or probably going to be a scam, then I see no wisdom in it if such person still go ahead and invest in it. But sometimes, just that this crypto of a thing is sometimes funny in that, some scam project miraculously turns out to be $$$ project.
jonsky05

Activity: 229

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:45:46 PM

If course not because  its scary to join a scam project you will not know if project will harm you or not. There's so many project that you can join but on a scam project.  It's easy now to know if the project is scam so be vigilant.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: