Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:36:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the hype starting?  (Read 723 times)
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:56:28 PM

We know that bitcoin has a strong tendency to end the year by going up in value, it is something that many people are already waiting for because they want the price to recover, but that is not enough of a reason to think that we are seeing any kind of hype, at best I think this year could end with the price of bitcoin reaching 10000 or something similar like that.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:58:22 PM

We know that bitcoin has a strong tendency to end the year by going up in value, it is something that many people are already waiting for because they want the price to recover, but that is not enough of a reason to think that we are seeing any kind of hype, at best I think this year could end with the price of bitcoin reaching 10000 or something similar like that.
There might be no hype for bitcoin right now but in other coins like XRP, its possible. Hopefully, whales are tired now to dump the market so in order for them to take profit they need to hype the market again. I also believe bitcoin will end this year at higher price compare the price today.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:48:20 PM

There might be no hype for bitcoin right now but in other coins like XRP, its possible. Hopefully, whales are tired now to dump the market so in order for them to take profit they need to hype the market again. I also believe bitcoin will end this year at higher price compare the price today.
Hype in altcoins are different than in Bitcoin but it could affect the hype of Bitcoin mostly in altcoins. I don't if whales are still part of it but i don't see any relations to the current pump. I think it is because of the recent event of SEC and ETF that's why we saw an early pump yesterday but it just fell a little percentage of the price now.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:16:43 AM

We are on the Q4 of the year so we can expect this kind of articles that might possibly fomo the price a bit before hitting the main price surge though don't expect too much that it will be the same again like last year price surge and ATH achievements we may not be going to get there or another record of price might happen by the end of the year, hold your horses and stay alert from the news as always.
Usually, as long as people will always want to relate historical events and tend to want to place it with what is happening currently, articles like this will suffice? A lot of people believe that the last quarter usually bring some goodies to the market and probably that is setting up some excitement in the market for a whole lot of enthusiast or those who are looking forward to at least recovering from the amount they bought during the peak. However, expecting a new ATH this year should totally be out of it.

People already know about bitcoin, the popularity has always been there and the news revolving around bitcoin right from the onset and all these things have been bringing a lot of enthusiasm for those who understand the benefit the future brings with this space and are looking for the right moment to be a part of it.

The hype has not started yet, and it will only start when you start seeing FOMO rushing in. With some good news though, we can see some pretty good push before the end of the year, but I would not consider something so serious.
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:49:28 AM

According to this report, which im sure there are a few, it speculates we
could be at the start of an end of year surge in bitcoin value. This is of
course bast on historical events but we all should be aware that past
events should not be used as a future prediction.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2018/09/bitcoin-may-surge-in-the-last-quarter-of-this-year-seasonality-chart-shows/

In my opinion this report and others to follow no doubt will fuel the
speculation to end 2018 on a high.

I don't think so, but maybe it starts next year, there are a lot of ico running Q4, at least that's what I know. most likely there is a lot of growth shown by altcoins and it will be very influential on bitcoin.
Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:30:37 PM

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2018/09/bitcoin-may-surge-in-the-last-quarter-of-this-year-seasonality-chart-shows/

I do not think that the hype is starting because today, the price is still not increasing that much so we better wait for a few months when all of the people are interested on cryptocurrency to invest again in order to earn more profit.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:42:09 PM

Hype in altcoins are different than in Bitcoin but it could affect the hype of Bitcoin mostly in altcoins. I don't if whales are still part of it but i don't see any relations to the current pump. I think it is because of the recent event of SEC and ETF that's why we saw an early pump yesterday but it just fell a little percentage of the price now.

Well there hasn't been any results yet for that etf anyways although a lot of people are hyping that up. It's not even sure that it'll get approved. And until there's a consistent upward movement to back a hype up, it'll simply be just hype.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:59:33 PM

We cannot expect the hype now due to the price of bitcoin keeps on decreasing. The hype will start but not now it will take some time, now the price is fluctuating only. Neither it goes high nor it goes down, but never forget the past. Last year same situation happened but end of the year bitcoin would rock. Like that this year also happens people can expect this type of hype in this year. Let's hope with patience surely the price will increase at that time you can sell and earn more profit.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:07:29 PM

It is interesting that you say this because I think the opposite is actually happening, the whales are not dumping their coins, they are buying as many coins as possible so it is in their best interest to not let investors get hyped up about the market, they want the market to be as cheap as possible so they can get a lot of coins for a very low price and then when they are satisfied with the amount of coins they have they will begin to hype the market.
naturerock

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:37:11 AM

I've started to see the hype forming myself.  I have a few friends that are starting to buy bitcoin while the price is still cheap, they are confident it will be back over 20k within a short time.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:06:20 AM

Right now im 50/50 on things.

On one hand, I believe we've already bottomed, and we are not going to break below the $6k resistance line, and if we do, it will be a quick dip as usual, only to get bought up thus strengthening the cost of production theory. So worst case scenario, we stay at a stable price for a long time until next FOMO cycle to $100k+. All these guys predicting lower prices with their TA get proven wrong once again (just like the were wrong when calling lower peaks than $20k)

On the other hand, I feel like there's still too many noobs holding coins which may need to get triggered into panic selling before we can stat shooting for the next ATH. This may include someone famous rage quitting as well, which would mark the end of the bear market.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:47:47 PM

I too think so. People are fed up with the constant price swings at the same price. We are done seeing the price at $6.6k or somewhere 5-10% around that price. We want it to either go down properly so it can get back up to bigger numbers or we want it to at least directly skyrocket once again to show us it is still alive.

I think we need to really realize that whenever the price of bitcoin stays the same for a long time in the end a bull run comes. Check out the historical data, it won't show you "bitcoin goes up every December" or something these new people think but it will show you whenever bitcoin stays at the same price for a long time it skyrockets all of a sudden.
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:38:00 PM

I've started to see the hype forming myself.  I have a few friends that are starting to buy bitcoin while the price is still cheap, they are confident it will be back over 20k within a short time.

Ask them if they have some diapers and painkillers stocked up.  Grin

Right now im 50/50 on things.

On one hand, I believe we've already bottomed, and we are not going to break below the $6k resistance line, and if we do, it will be a quick dip as usual, only to get bought up thus strengthening the cost of production theory. So worst case scenario, we stay at a stable price for a long time until next FOMO cycle to $100k+. All these guys predicting lower prices with their TA get proven wrong once again (just like the were wrong when calling lower peaks than $20k)

On the other hand, I feel like there's still too many noobs holding coins which may need to get triggered into panic selling before we can stat shooting for the next ATH. This may include someone famous rage quitting as well, which would mark the end of the bear market.

There were attempts at causing panic. If you analyse the charts you will see these short dumps by whales meant to liquidate newbies. They are always followed by a big buyback. It did not work and they seem to have allowed the things to unfold on their own. This month there will be another attempt for sure.
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:31:08 PM

I don't know about the hype, but the crypto money market is getting a thrill.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
DedgeDoge

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:29:48 AM

Normally, last quarter has always been known to be the period of surge right from the onset, and a lot of traders and investors are hoping this year will come with the same move but certainly too early to judge.

Here's a few contrary examples. Q4 2011 was bearish. It's when the market crashed to it's lowest point before the next accumulation cycle began. Q4 2012 was a sideways market. Q4 2014 was mostly sideways, but December began the final crash to $150.

I don't see the point of trying to find these patterns. There's only one Q4 per year, so the total sample set is tiny. Timing the boom-bust cycle requires a lot more nuance than that. In fact, time is the most unpredictable part of the market in my experience.
Hmm. A very nice analysis of the previous occurrence. You are right as timing a cycle is not even something anyone can do and the market as a whole asides time, is even unpredictable, since we can see the future anyway. However, with the patterns in the past, one could hope it repeats itself again, but then again, only time can really tell us if it will repeat itself or not. I really would not expect so much in this quarter 4 anyway but the market might want to take little breath for a while, and then get to continue the downtrend like you said in 2019 before eventually recovering/
alentmay

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:57:00 AM

I think with the current market conditions it is difficult to start because every time the pump starts and happens a few days later the dump price returns even lower than before, maybe this year it will be like that until the end of the year.
The market is still in a downtrend and I wonder why people would be thinking of some hype when the conditions are not even favorable. I really do not expect what the OP said would bring about any hype as we will certainly need more than that to even be able to see some huge demand and then the price skyrocketing towards the end of the year. What I would expect is just probably some short term uptrend, and then we will be back again trying to pick the remaining pieces at the bottom, or more bottom as the case may be.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:05:26 PM

Don't ever to expect Bitcoin price will turn back into $20K again as it hype last year.
We already saw green color on the market and prices seems to quietly moving up but isn't enough to say that it is on hype.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:17:34 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2018, 03:42:49 AM by DeadCoin

Just get out of article and do your own real research instead of predicting the articles or news taken by someone else. We do have lot many good news with  positive future of crypto currencies. Why and how can you missed such articles and picked up the one which is not useful to the community. This is nothing helpful. Create and spread positive articles so that new investors who do see your article see your good news and spread across.
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:37:28 PM

Don't ever to expect Bitcoin price will turn back into $20K again as it hype last year.
We already saw green color on the market and prices seems to quietly moving up but isn't enough to say that it is on hype.

Usually people treat market as turning bull when the price rallies by 20% and the other way round a 20% loss in a short time means the bear market is coming. For the price to be considered bullish we'd have to go to 8500 dollars. Anything below will not be a clear indicator and can be a continuation of the previous bear pattern.
kentrolla

Activity: 1568
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 08:27:48 PM

Usually people treat market as turning bull when the price rallies by 20% and the other way round a 20% loss in a short time means the bear market is coming. For the price to be considered bullish we'd have to go to 8500 dollars. Anything below will not be a clear indicator and can be a continuation of the previous bear pattern.

You just nailed it mate, as you have mentioned the users especially those who have less knowledge about crypto predicts a bullrun for little pump in the value of bitcoin and the same group of users create panic with posts like end of crypto bear market and all when the value drops for 3 continuos days. We need a strong signal and a consistent growth in the value of bitcoin in order to confirm the bull market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀