Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:41:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: whales buy and sell with themselves in coordination to manipulate prices  (Read 121 times)
Sojuculture (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:31:14 AM

do whales buy and sell with themselves in coordination to manipulate prices? how does it work?

ObsidianCharlie

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:35:18 AM

If you're a whale and want to dump a big position:

Step 1: Pump the market by small buys on light volume and drive the price up.

Step 2: When the suckers see the run up and think that they can get rich quickly, then dump as quickly as you can before the market falls too much.

Step 3: Repeat.

Of course, this only works so long as there are enough suckers who will buy as the price is increasing.

Viviornitier

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:38:15 AM

Probably. As others have pointed out markets have been manipulated since the dawn of man. You get a few people together who control over a hundred thousand Bitcoin and then allow them to use margin. They can do whatever they want with the price

However this is exactly why it's likely to go higher. It's in their best interest to draw in as many people as possible if they ever want to diversify out. It also creates these upward and downward Cycles which allows them to increase their Holdings as they sell into the Euphoria and buy panic

kcufllaevol

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:41:51 AM

OFC

This has been going on since the dawn of man.

Balambgarden

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:44:18 AM

Yes, that's a big rumor going on right now (not saying it's untrue, just that there isn't really a smoking gun). The idea is that whale #1 calls up his other whale friends to coordinate moves, then they all buy/sell huge amounts at the same time to secure profits before the rest of the market can react.

waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 09:45:20 AM

Some experienced traders looking for Wales on the market and repeat their action. Also group of investors can join and pump the coin to make a vision of growth.

Yangleiden

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:51:09 AM

Yes, that's a big rumor going on right now (not saying it's untrue, just that there isn't really a smoking gun). The idea is that whale #1 calls up his other whale friends to coordinate moves, then they all buy/sell huge amounts at the same time to secure profits before the rest of the market can react.

Just harvesting hard earned money from the hodlers. Just keep buying them dips.

zulfa999

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:53:30 AM

yes they are big players can manipulate prices by doing propaganda with it then new players panic and sell their altcoins and cause prices to go down
Artofmovement

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:54:53 AM

Just harvesting hard earned money from the hodlers. Just keep buying them dips.

Other way around. Hodlers are taking their money. We're seeing the biggest transfer of wealth in the history of the world. And I will keep buying the dips, thank you very much.

Sracedofwoman

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:05:17 AM

I wonder if the whales are planning to use the SEC decision in 5 days to make another huge dump. Even if at this point, a delay or rejection is pretty much expected and shouldn't have that much of a negative impact. But just like that fake Goldman Sachs story, everyone is always looking for a reason when they see the price dive, and it does add fuel to the panic.

Sojuculture (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:08:29 AM

I wonder if the whales are planning to use the SEC decision in 5 days to make another huge dump. Even if at this point, a delay or rejection is pretty much expected and shouldn't have that much of a negative impact. But just like that fake Goldman Sachs story, everyone is always looking for a reason when they see the price dive, and it does add fuel to the panic.

The goldman sachs story came out that day AFTER the dump, CNBC fast money said it’s because of goldman sachs, they totally set that up to profit from and should be investigated

BanditCharlie

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:13:46 AM

Probably. Seems like 'bad news' is used as a cover-up for whales to manip the price. It has dumped to many times on bad/neutral news that everyone expected and then the newspapers say the market reacted on the bad news.

KenziCharlie

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:17:05 AM

I won't be selling and if the price dives. I will buy more cheap bitcoins. Smiley

Sracedofwoman

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:23:17 AM

I won't be selling and if the price dives. I will buy more cheap bitcoins. Smiley

you shouldn't be selling. There's nothing wrong with Bitcoin, all these price dives are just manipulation. Unless you wanna play games with the whales. Whenever there is a serious spike, you can be sure there's gonna be a major dump right behind it. We seem to keep coming back around $6.4k. So I guess you could make some quick short term money.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:28:58 AM

a whale(s) buy and sell to themselves then price can not go up or down! it will stay at the same level and the whale keeps losing money.

what a manipulator or a whale does is that they do something so that YOU buy that coin so that the price goes up. how this is done is usually with multiple methods at the same time like placing big fake buy walls, spreading hype, some pump groups giving "signal" to the sheep to buy,...

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Dizzy89

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:11:00 AM

I don't think that's the way these guys are doing things. I want to believe all they are doing is keep buying from weak hands to benefit hugely once the market at least get better a little bit.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 08:49:34 PM

This might be a crypto myth so far, but I believe it could be true. Price moves very strangely and one can presume that whales are in the game. Lately i have been watching one project that announced its demise a few hours after some strange price movements. So, probably...team members (whales) dumped tokens before their came into public attention.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
abbywem

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:27:33 PM

do whales buy and sell with themselves in coordination to manipulate prices? how does it work?

Of course whales are playing manipulation games.  The key to this game is to know they must take the market down low and then back up to make money.  With this knowledge you need to attempt to front run them and make your nickel before getting your head chopped off. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:35:13 PM

Whales are so smart if they can profit they sell and without further notice from other investors. They can easily manipulate the market coz they always bought on deep.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:37:06 PM

I'm not  disagree to. Your own opinion and analysis maybe yes maybe not very people had an own strategy how to play in its own toy.

Whales had an many kind of mives strategy how to play manipulate the cryptocurrencies price value that's the reason some countries want to regulate cryptocurrency because of whales control the crypto movement.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: