Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:01:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Protect Your Forum Accounts from Unknown Bounty Participation!  (Read 438 times)
ranman09 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:59:19 PM

This post is to inform everyone that this SCAM is out there in the forum.

I had this campaign, I joined Signature Campaign,  my account is re-applied in this campaign with another ETH address.

I check my campaign's progress weekly and was shocked to see that I had a double entry. I re-think if I mistakenly re-applied but when I check the ETH address it was a different address. None of those I can control.

This might cause a problem for those who are working hard for a campaign. And at the end, if not avoided/reported, might cause you to lose your reward.

To help others and maybe campaign managers, I wanted to start a list of ETH addresses that are used in this kinds of scam attempts. Hope you guys can help me by posting/reporting here address you wish to be added.

It's for all of us here in the forum.

List of ETH address that is used to SCAM.

Code:
0xe30dd7abbF2e108CaE0DB95bE14E7235b9035904
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:20:01 PM

I have actually had this experience before
When someone was trying to be smart to get rewards for totally doing nothing
I had him reported, funny enough he cheated in every segment of the bounty
His bitcointalk was eventually shortlisted as a scam one

So he won’t be able to join any of their bounties ever again
ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:45:08 PM

I have actually had this experience before
When someone was trying to be smart to get rewards for totally doing nothing
I had him reported, funny enough he cheated in every segment of the bounty
His bitcointalk was eventually shortlisted as a scam one

So he won’t be able to join any of their bounties ever again

Great! it's a good move. I here would want to enlist their ETH addresses. I don't know if that's the right thing to do than forum accounts?
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 03:05:52 PM

I had this campaign, I joined Signature Campaign,  my account is re-applied in this campaign with another ETH address.

I check my campaign's progress weekly and was shocked to see that I had a double entry. I re-think if I mistakenly re-applied but when I check the ETH address it was a different address. None of those I can control.

This might cause a problem for those who are working hard for a campaign. And at the end, if not avoided/reported, might cause you to lose your reward.

To help others and maybe campaign managers, I wanted to start a list of ETH addresses that are used in this kinds of scam attempts. Hope you guys can help me by posting/reporting here address you wish to be added.

Code:

This has happened to me once before
It is bad attitude by the lazy scammers and I just hope bounty managers keep fishing them out and disqualifying them

There’s need to work out to get the best bounties we can get as well
That’s all we can do as participants
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:24:49 PM

That is why a bounty hunter should always check their status and wallet address regularly if not everyday as instances such as this happens where scammers get the hard earned reward of a bounty hunter. The lesson to this is to self regulate every this that you do in your account whether it is in this bounty or other accounts for cryptocurrency.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:25:29 PM

Code:

If  you noticed at the spreadsheet , there so many duplicated accounts so it is very clear that one these is not legit , and you must report this to manager , because he is  the only  one who can delete .
perri

Activity: 215
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:25:43 PM

I even didn't know that this kind of scam scheme existed on this forum. Are this is happening to signature/bounty campaign that required us to fill the form?
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:29:54 PM

This has happened many times before and I do not think listing of address here won't help prevent this scam as it is easy to make a new one. This is why I appreciate bounty managers who ask for "proof of authentication" from participants before they fill up the form.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:34:43 PM

On this topic I once noticed someone signing up for a telegrajm bounty and using my telegram name but a different adress, resulting in both of us being removed from the bounty.
I had to speak with the bounty manager to get back in, but likely tons of people don't really check those sheets later on, there's not many ways to protect against this is there?
unless, well, the bounty managers would understand that the first signup is the only one perhaps.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 03:35:24 PM

Code:

Most fraudulent persons are carrying out this action to cause havoc to others who are innocent, it's a very bad attitude that people need to guard against, so this development of your is a welcome one. Thanks

Rhshahindiana

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:37:45 PM

Recently i have seen this type of scam and many complains from bounty hunters. Scammers use high rank members name in the signature or telegram bounties and later claim that they have lost their private key and would like to change their ETH address. to which some genuine members even lost some of their efforts and hard earned money too considering multiple entries by admins. Thats truly a biggest thing going on right now.

shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:39:45 PM

I think this already happened a lot, some participants are cheating on campaigns, especially signature campaigns. They copy details of your account, especially high ranking accounts on campaigns with a lot of participants, since managers sometimes over-look or forget to check whether there's a double entry. They just change the ethereum address, so that they can get bounties without posting anything.
perri

Activity: 215
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:40:21 PM

unless, well, the bounty managers would understand that the first signup is the only one perhaps.

I think so.
Double entry, moreover with a different wallet address is the indication that someone was trying to cheat some bounty program. The first whose applying must be the real one.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:56:42 PM

Code:

This happens all the time.
That's why a bounty campaign manager should ask the participant to resgister the proof of authentication post.
So, the scammer can't duplicate our entry
ranman09 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:06:21 PM

This happens all the time.
That's why a bounty campaign manager should ask the participant to resgister the proof of authentication post.
So, the scammer can't duplicate our entry

So how this proof of authentication work?

Can anybody here tell me how to do this proof of authentication thing and how it will work?
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:13:55 PM

That is agree able, I've got that thing also, someone tying to cheat the bounty by using my account profile that they registered it under different name and different wallet.
But thank god i notice it and reporting it to the manager and that cheater kicked out from the bounty.
VclDm

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:16:12 PM

Nowadays, there are many fraudulent bounty projects, we should carefully analyze the potential new ICO projects, and if the ICO project is inadequate, we should abandon them in the first place, do not waste time and Your efforts

cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 03:35:29 PM

It is the latest happening now on the forum and one has to be quick to report such situations as bounty manager now deletes multiple immediately it has been noticed

I’m not sure but there’s just too many fraudulent activities in the world today
karashika0577
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:05:08 PM

It happened to me as well, I saw that my double entry was in the campaign. What will you do in this? You should be aware of every aspect of every campaign you choose. Spreadsheets, this is where every campaigner is recorded. You keep checking it periodically. If you find any such information, you should notify the Bounty Manager about it. In this way you can avoid double fraud

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
Oniko

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:08:38 PM

Are you sure that this is fraud on the part of the project participants? Perhaps this is a mistake bounty manager.

Give more information, that I would understand what you mean
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: