Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Protect Your Forum Accounts from Unknown Bounty Participation!  (Read 438 times)
ranman09 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:14:17 PM

Are you sure that this is fraud on the part of the project participants? Perhaps this is a mistake bounty manager.

Give more information, that I would understand what you mean

No I don't think it's a mistake from a bounty manager. How come he would paste a different eth address. If it's at least wrong then I will consider it a mistake. But it is a working ETH address and has some coins in it.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:41:25 PM

I am pretty sure that bounty managers are constantly removing dual entries so the fear of loosing your earnings is in vain. The first entry is the valid one most of the time, but if there is any doubt about it, bounty managers should definitely contact the person and resolve the situation.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:51:38 PM

This post is to inform everyone that this SCAM is out there in the forum.

I had this campaign, I joined Signature Campaign,  my account is re-applied in this campaign with another ETH address.

I check my campaign's progress weekly and was shocked to see that I had a double entry. I re-think if I mistakenly re-applied but when I check the ETH address it was a different address. None of those I can control.

This might cause a problem for those who are working hard for a campaign. And at the end, if not avoided/reported, might cause you to lose your reward.

To help others and maybe campaign managers, I wanted to start a list of ETH addresses that are used in this kinds of scam attempts. Hope you guys can help me by posting/reporting here address you wish to be added.

It's for all of us here in the forum.

List of ETH address that is used to SCAM.

Code:
0xe30dd7abbF2e108CaE0DB95bE14E7235b9035904
Good Thread and Helpful I noticed this problem also. But I don't think the Bounty Manager is naive and Stupid to allow this to happen in the Campaign they Handle I think its and isolated Incident and nothing to be alarmed I trust also the respective Bounty Manager to do its work and function.
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:41:14 PM

This is one of the reasons why sometimes you need to check the table in the bounty, so that it does not work out that you are doing the work, and someone else has registered the same account but with another purse and the payments will get to someone else!
ranman09 (OP)

Merit: 112

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:48:40 PM

UPDATE: Now I was accused of multiple accounts. I detected another participant who uses my account.  This is really bothering. But good thing the manager of the campaign is cooperative.

Maybe putting our approved address in our information here in our account can help? I remember before, that some campaigns require hunters to put their ETH address(es) in their location details.

So if the address is not in the location address of the hunter's account, they will not accept it.

Im not quite sure if this is really the use of this method before.

Do you guys think this will help?
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:05:03 AM

I see this almost all the time, people register with my name on bounty both the one I'm participating on and the ones I'm not partaken in.
The most annoying one is the signature part which just started recently. You will register on a signature campaign, few weeks later someone else will help you register for that same company again.
grifinmch

Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:48:28 AM

often come across things like this and indeed very troubling. people want to be paid from the results of the hard work done to others. enough just to report manager bounty to take action against that sort of thing. even if the need to browse just the wallet from voters transactions exist because sometimes the wallet also belongs to one of the accounts in this forum.
titanslayerz

Activity: 83
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:58:37 AM

I guess we should be very careful on giving our details on fake airdrops and bounty campaigns, let's make it a habit to check whether we have a double entry or someone used our details in that particular project. The best thing to do if you discover one is to report to the bounty team so that they'll give proper action to the perpetrators.

█        ▄▄▄▄  █  the cryptocurrency of the future
█▀▀▄  █▄▄█  █  LIGHTNING FAST TRANSACTIONS
█▄▄▀  █▄▄▄  █▄▄▄AND THE LOWEST FEES
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 04:05:17 AM

You should create a topic in the Reputation section and try to find out what address the ETH walks into with the bitcointalk account, from which you can "tag" all of those accounts.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
darkangel020716

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:07:03 AM

Even you have a bunch of eth address of probably impersonators, they actually create a new one, like hundreds of it, so you cant find that person by collecting their claiming address, because they are only signing up/filling up google form and dont have any link about their forum username.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:13:59 AM

This happens all the time.
That's why a bounty campaign manager should ask the participant to resgister the proof of authentication post.
So, the scammer can't duplicate our entry

So how this proof of authentication work?

Can anybody here tell me how to do this proof of authentication thing and how it will work?

Bounty managers would usually require each participant to comment on the bounty thread asking for details such as social media accounts. In filling up the form, the participant should post the link of his comment.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:14:18 AM

this cheating problem has often happened on every bounty, indeed we are worried that multiple lists can be a problem, but I'm sure the bounty manager has their own way to solve this problem. but if we find it, report it to the bounty manager to help them overcome this problem.

it's useless to post their eth address, because the eth address they always change and they make a new one in each bounty they cheat.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:21:09 AM

UPDATE: Now I was accused of multiple accounts. I detected another participant who uses my account.  This is really bothering. But good thing the manager of the campaign is cooperative.

Maybe putting our approved address in our information here in our account can help? I remember before, that some campaigns require hunters to put their ETH address(es) in their location details.

So if the address is not in the location address of the hunter's account, they will not accept it.

Im not quite sure if this is really the use of this method before.

Do you guys think this will help?

I remember putting ETH address in your profile had been used for airdrops before but I am have not seen managers used it in bounty campaigns yet. Many are not willing to share their address so that method could lessen the participants and would probably affect the exposure of the project.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:23:30 AM

Yes it happened with bounty hunters and it also happened to me and I report it straight away and Manager banned that user.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
raden1922

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Colletrix-Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worlds

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:25:20 AM

Thank you for the information that you have shared with all of us here. It is very worrying that this has happened to campaign participants, this will be very detrimental to participants. A person who works for weeks does not get a prize, because the wallet address has been changed by the perpetrator. This is worrying !! Angry Angry

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
djuragan

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:44:33 AM

I've seen this kind of issue in the bounty campaign, someone trying to cheat the bounty by using somebody else account.
But a few days later the account already crossed, and mentioned that the account is a fake one, it seems the real owner reporting the account to the bounty manager.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:49:14 AM

This post is to inform everyone that this SCAM is out there in the forum.

I had this campaign, I joined Signature Campaign,  my account is re-applied in this campaign with another ETH address.

I check my campaign's progress weekly and was shocked to see that I had a double entry. I re-think if I mistakenly re-applied but when I check the ETH address it was a different address. None of those I can control.

This might cause a problem for those who are working hard for a campaign. And at the end, if not avoided/reported, might cause you to lose your reward.

To help others and maybe campaign managers, I wanted to start a list of ETH addresses that are used in this kinds of scam attempts. Hope you guys can help me by posting/reporting here address you wish to be added.

It's for all of us here in the forum.

List of ETH address that is used to SCAM.

Code:
0xe30dd7abbF2e108CaE0DB95bE14E7235b9035904
I already encounter this kind of situation where another person use my accounts and it's information just to reapplied in a bounty campaign but with a different wallet address. So I made a contact with the bounty manager to take care of my query and he/she suddenly denied the participation of that person, so it is better to always checked the spreadsheet if there's other people using our names.
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:14:44 AM

Yes, unfortunately this fraud is booming on the forum..I often find myself in the table but the wallet address is not mine, even a blog/article saying my user name ...I used to fight, asked to remove scammers, but many managers did not react, I threw it a thankless task...to leave the purse in the subject is not an option, many in the profile he's written, but it does not protect us from scammers.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:20:19 AM

With a very heavy load of bounty campaigns going on all at the same time, it's even hard to keep up with the spreadsheet as someone might even use your details to enroll for another signature campaign which you're presently not taking part in.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:46:57 AM

I also have this experience. Those cheaters want to steal our hard earned stakes so as our coins. That is why I always check the bounty spreadsheet and  search for my username, bct profile link and other information to make sure that my account will not be copied by cheaters.  Maybe they will come up with a way for cheaters not to create duplicate accounts.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: