Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the right religion? who to worship?  (Read 359 times)
AdoboCandies (OP)

Activity: 680
Merit: 173

Giggity

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:10:25 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2019, 08:21:53 AM by AdoboCandies

Based on the dictionary Religion is a particular system of faith worship and beliefs. It keeps getting in my mind about what is the right religion? who to worship? because according to Adherents there are 4,300 religions in the world and all of them worship different "Gods" or deities like Jesus Christ, Allah, Shiva, Buddha, Odin, Zeus, Coatlicue other religions worship nature, sun, moon and animals. Although some of it teaches morality and unite people I guess it is just a kind of scam.

They say "Religion is just a community or a credo or an axiom with different prayers, symbols, beliefs with no proofs or an evidence of their gods". I want to know your opinion about this.

Adherents (2012)
Source
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:40:33 PM

I would advise you to believe in yourself and you will achieve great things.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:50:21 PM

Two biggest religions worship same God, but does it mean they are right?
I don't think it's that easy, if you dig deep enough you'll find that they're based on older religions, which are based on even older ones...
"Faith", "believers" - I don't about other religions, but go ask catholic priest if his religion is "right" and I think majority will answer you that it's what they believe & hope is right, but there is no certainty.
But there is one certain thing - it's God is more like Old Testament/ Quran One than New Testament then we're all fucked, because to follow all of His orders in almost impossible, even for orthodox believers.  

PS Is Buddhism a religion? I heard is more like way of living which you can follow regardless of your religion  Huh
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1119

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:44:25 PM

Tim Maia, a brazilian singer, once said on the song "nobody can live forever":

Everybody is the same.

"There's no god, there's no heaven.
there's no devil, there's no hell"

there's no right and wrong, but many shades of truth.
but as usual: polarizing and splitting public opinion makes it easier to control people.

imho religion is one of the main tools of mass control.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:27:12 PM

Two biggest religions worship same God, but does it mean they are right?
I don't think it's that easy, if you dig deep enough you'll find that they're based on older religions, which are based on even older ones...
"Faith", "believers" - I don't about other religions, but go ask catholic priest if his religion is "right" and I think majority will answer you that it's what they believe & hope is right, but there is no certainty.
But there is one certain thing - it's God is more like Old Testament/ Quran One than New Testament then we're all fucked, because to follow all of His orders in almost impossible, even for orthodox believers.  

PS Is Buddhism a religion? I heard is more like way of living which you can follow regardless of your religion  Huh

Buddhism is a practice for exploring spirituality. I think it certainly qualifies as religion.

In regards to OP, I personally describe myself as agnostic but I think there is value in any religion as a function for fostering connectivity and collective welfare among a community. The beliefs or practices are irrelevant: the inclusivity, existential value, entertainment, hope, and so on that religion provides to small towns and villages throughout the world is an undeniably beneficial function.
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:35:06 PM

The Belief system is present since the ancient times. It could have emerged much older before primitive people learn to write. They could have believed that the fire is a god, but it may have confused them when they saw a burning tree struck by a lightning and later on, they decided to worship the lightning that created the fire.

After seeing the fire and lightning, people's beliefs have also evolved. They adorned their homes with statues of their gods in order to please them. Along this belief, they made laws to satisfy their community. Break it, and you will enrage the gods. Lightning will strike upon you, so be obedient, majority of the community might have said to their children in order to stop them from misbehaving.

But striking fear to its believers doesn't end there, their gods also gave them hope. If their farms can't yield crops because the land became dry, they pray for the rain. Is your army losing the war? Pray to the gods. If death is upon you, call the gods. Majority of the people will always pray in times of trouble.

There could be a diversity of religion, but the good news is; religion is not embedded in our genes. You can teach a child on what to believe, but we will never know what they will believe in future as they grow. You may choose your own religion, but psychology is much better compared to them all.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:17:30 AM

There's only one correct answer. Pastafarian, all hail the flying spaghetti monster. /s
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:36:27 AM

The best thing to do is to avoid having invisible friends once you reach 5 years of age and distrust people who hear voices that tell them what you should do and believe.
Cosette

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

DAMN SON!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:55:18 AM

Moeslim's bible
To You Your Religion and To Me Mine (Qur'an 109:1-6)

It doesn't matter what is the most right religion, just believe with your own religion and respect each other.
Every good religion doesn't teach you to steal people money.
Every good religion doesn't teach you to kill people without reasons.
Every good religion teach the followers to believe in their own god.

Sorry for ask and this is no offense, but did you believe in god?
A lot of people become lose faith on their god, sometime they asked same question as you did
No matter it is, as long as the religion teach people to do something good and respect each other, then its okay.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:07:56 PM

Recently I read a good article in theguardian and I would liked to shared it here. Author of that article gives us consice report what has happened past, what is happening today and what will happened in the future with the religious faith.

Link>>>Religion: why faith is becoming more and more popular

BTW I didn't believe Buddhism as a religion but as philosophy, even though I'm a Buddhist.

This picture tells the harsh reality that we didn't want to believe.

paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:21:45 PM

Moeslim's bible
To You Your Religion and To Me Mine (Qur'an 109:1-6)

Every good religion doesn't teach you to kill people without reasons.

Excuse me, that implies that THERE ARE good reasons to kill others (or yourself for that matter) and THERE ARE religions that tell you to kill people for those reasons. If a religion is telling you that there are actually valid reasons to kill people it should be banned on the grounds of humanity's self defense.

You see? It is so easy to fool people into doing the wrong things in the name of invisible friends.
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:26:42 PM

Recently I read a good article in theguardian and I would liked to shared it here. Author of that article gives us consice report what has happened past, what is happening today and what will happened in the future with the religious faith.

Link>>>Religion: why faith is becoming more and more popular

BTW I didn't believe Buddhism as a religion but as philosophy, even though I'm a Buddhist.

This picture tells the harsh reality that we didn't want to believe.

This is a very biased information. You are linking two factors meaning that one is the cause and the other is the effect. The most peaceful countries happen to be the richest. Cause or effect?

Cosette

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

DAMN SON!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:07:53 PM

Excuse me, that implies that THERE ARE good reasons to kill others (or yourself for that matter) and THERE ARE religions that tell you to kill people for those reasons. If a religion is telling you that there are actually valid reasons to kill people it should be banned on the grounds of humanity's self defense.
Yes, but its rarely happen. For example in islam religion, i quoted this from this site https://quran.com/17/33 which is come from bible
And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly - We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law]
Example for this case is, if you got robbed by thief and the thief want to kill you, you need to defend yourself from that thief and in this case you can do everything that you can for defend your life, of course you have choice to make the thief fainted, but in this case you maybe accidentally killed him.

However, i'm not an religious expert and i maybe wrong with this. But, for nowadays its rarely happen, except Capital Punishment. Just my two cents.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:58:02 PM

There is no right religion. Religion is for stupid people with no ability to think for themselves - pathetic! As long as you live make yourself into something worth worshiping because you are your own god.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:07:24 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2019, 09:07:46 AM by TagaMungkahi

I concur that Religion is just a community, well, It should be but Religion have been widely used as a tool to exploit people. Religion for me is nothing but a systemic technique that scams out people to do things such as killing non-believers, to invade and as we all know, there is no 100% proven true, only "faith" which is another tool used by these "religious leaders" to exploit people.
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:27:01 AM

I am fully aware of what the Christian, Hebrew and Islamic mythologies say and that is exactly the problem I am pointing out and basically you are agreeing:

And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right.

That "exception" has created the Crusades, the Jihad, the Inquisition, ... you name it. It is very easy to grant yourself "the right" or convince people that they have that "right" and manipulate them into war, murder, genocide,...

markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:20:46 AM

Like others said, There's no right or wrong religion. It's up to us who will we worship and not, and how will we practice it's teaching.

Though these comes along with a lot of arguments, the most generic is that religions defies nor separate nations and people. Is it? Well, at some point yes. Through beliefs and these practices, a lot of people tend to be discriminated or been treated differently because of it. Is it worth it to have a religion? Given that it may or will end up hurting others (worst killing). Well, I guess for those who are fully devoted would agreed that it is worth it, others might not.

For me, Religion (as of now) is a business with a networking style of environment. In which they recruit members for there own self preservation and might as well agenda.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:30:42 PM

Religion is for stupid people with no ability to think for themselves - pathetic!

So you are saying the dudes who built Stonehenges and pyramids were stupid? Even with today technology, we can't achieve what our ancestors did. So calling them stupid is an insult. There is a huge chunk of our history which is missing, The recorded history goes back as far as 12,000 years, rest is a total mystery. We don't have all the answers, I believe this should be a good starting point for something like this.
smutboy420

Activity: 341
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:33:44 PM

one is best off to never believe in things that are completely fake and provably false stories meant to control people.  Only very young children or the severely mentally ill actually believe religion or believe in sky boogymen. 
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:34:49 PM

Why are agnostics and seculars put in the same place.

Agnostics are much more tolerable Grin (in seriousness, they should be split though as they are quite a bit different) - atheists are people who belive there isn't a God definitely, agnostics are less biggotry.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: