Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should You HODL?
Yes - 11 (91.7%)
No - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is HODLing "Safe" To Do While The Market Continues To Get Battered?  (Read 130 times)
BigCryptoBrain (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:23:47 PM

Unless you've been living under a rock, then you know that ETH, BTC, & all ALT's have been getting destroyed lately by unfavorable market conditions. I remember last year investors were telling me how BTC would never hit 10K. I bought into BTC around $2,000 and thought I was OVERPAYING! Later in the year I watched BTC hit $20,000! Now it seems as if investors are way more cautious with their investments. Last year you could put your money into dumpster coin and it was almost guaranteed to rise in price. This year, things have changed. BTC and other ALT's aren't short term money machines anymore.

Right now I have money invested in:

Crypto
- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- NEO

ICO's
- CoinMetro
- Curazion

Precious Metals
- Rhodium
- Gold
- Silver

These are my investment choices for right now. What do you guys think of the crypto market? I just dumped AMD & Qcomm the other day for some pretty big gains in the stock market. The only thing I'm holding right now are crypto's and precious metals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnimeKingman

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:38:55 PM

Unless you've been living under a rock, then you know that ETH, BTC, & all ALT's have been getting destroyed lately by unfavorable market conditions. I remember last year investors were telling me how BTC would never hit 10K. I bought into BTC around $2,000 and thought I was OVERPAYING! Later in the year I watched BTC hit $20,000! Now it seems as if investors are way more cautious with their investments. Last year you could put your money into dumpster coin and it was almost guaranteed to rise in price. This year, things have changed. BTC and other ALT's aren't short term money machines anymore.

Crypto
- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- NEO

ICO's
- CoinMetro
- Curazion

Precious Metals
- Rhodium
- Gold
- Silver

These are my investment choices for right now. What do you guys think of the crypto market? I just dumped AMD & Qcomm the other day for some pretty big gains in the stock market. The only thing I'm holding right now are crypto's and precious metals.

lmao coinmetro is total shit; but Curaizon isnt bad. Nauticus beats Coinmetro in my humble opinion.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:39:53 PM

The only thing I'm holding right now are crypto's and precious metals.
With the exception of ETH, I'd say your choice of crypto is pretty rational. I don't know how ETH will turn out to be. It could have a positive development if the devs manage to fix their block chain, or if they don't the future of ETH may not be so bright. NO objections about your choice of precious metals as well.
slightmoon

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 08:54:43 PM

No need to sell or dump coins. Market seems like looking for uptrend but it will go up slowly slowly. But holding is not the only best thing you can do. In this time you can trade also. Holding just give you limited profit when specific coin rise. But while trade you can even grow particular that coin also. But it's up to you. Your coins choice will give profit soon just hold it for some more time.

Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:58:50 PM

Hmm, quite surprised to see no votes for NO yet. And, I think rightly so because the holding at times when the market continuously goes down is good to prevent further losses but risky if you think the price won't go up again.
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:04:46 PM

It would be a wise move to hold with you current portfolio because if you will sell them then you are now lose the money. By holding, you have not yet lose the money you invest because your investment might spike up in the future.
MB2017

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

Diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 09:10:49 PM

I have also an investment in BTC and ETh. In the ETH it's good to sell and buy. Just in the last days, ETH crosses the market below 200$ and now up again. Mostly I prefer holding just for the BTC. But market change now again so selling not the best way over to hold. But can go buying more.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:18:54 PM

If I were you I wouldn't just casually post my portfolio here to get our opinion about it because most of us can have a biased opinion. Nevertheless, I urge you to hold most of your portfolio until you see it fit to sell them(especially if you got a hefty gain already). In bitcoin's case though, you can hold it as long as you want but if you're only in for the profit, at least hold it until after next halving.
bountylayomi
Copper Member

Activity: 234

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:28:09 PM

Hodling is cool to avoid panic selling of your potential altcoins. Just make sure you don't sell at a lose because it happens and the market would recover back in the nearest future.
BigCryptoBrain (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:45:37 PM

Hodling is cool to avoid panic selling of your potential altcoins. Just make sure you don't sell at a lose because it happens and the market would recover back in the nearest future.

I've learned that mistake a long time ago -_-. Sold LTC @$90 only to watch it climb to $200 before buying in again. I made 4x profit, but got scared it was going to crash to $0 because of how volatile the market was.
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:52:37 PM

No it isn't. Moving some of your coins into USDT or a similar currency so you have a good spread is the safest thing to do during downturns like this and monitor the markets and general feeling from crypto forums for signs of improvement before moving back in is what i do during dips. You get a feel for it after a while and i can generally time it almost perfectly nowadays. But without knowing what you are invested in it is hard to give an opinion on it.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:13:58 AM

maybe you will think that hold alone is also not enough to help the market to recover quickly. but rather than panic sell, hold is better not to reduce the demands on bitcoin. and even better to increase investment to make the market quickly repaired.
Plixs

Activity: 297
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:20:10 AM

I think there is no other choice but to hold assets if you want to secure the value of your assets. whatever form of investment I think when we pass the market that is not so good, saving your assets by selling loss is not a good way. if the tone of trust in the crypto market will  back hold your assets for some time.
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:26:07 AM

Crypto
- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- NEO

ICO's
- CoinMetro
- Curazion

Precious Metals
- Rhodium
- Gold
- Silver

I think many will agree that cryptocurrencies are an investment with a very high risk, but as the practice of previous years has shown, the strategic investment strategy for long-term investment in top-level crypto-currencies such as bitcoin and etherium has always brought profit. This particularly applies to bitcoin, which has a deflationary model. In my opinion, your portfolio consists of reliable assets, simply the market can not grow without stopping, you need to wait.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:49:54 AM

unless you have been living under a rock bitcoin reached $5700 about 6 months ago and ever since that day we have not seen that price ever again so far. and meanwhile it is altcoins such as ethereum that are getting dumped hard.

as for your HOLD question you should look at prices, as you can see if you continue holding altcoins you will also continue losing money. and as a trader you should never hold any altcoin during its dumping phase unless you wish to lose a large portion of your money.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
koralan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:55:55 AM

I agree! At the moment, keeping the potential e-currencies to limit losses is the right decision. The market will return in the near future. Therefore, I advise you if there is money to continue to choose and buy more. You can now buy potential currencies at low prices. Then their prices will go up and you will profit.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:56:51 AM

In answer to your original question "Is HODling Safe To Do While The Market Continues To Get Battered", not if you think it will fall significantly from here. I however believe we have reached a bottom for the overall market and expect that prices will rise from here. I don't think we will see the kind of market we saw last year and I think the rise will be a lot slower and over a longer period of time. As a General rule I will HODL until I think a coin has become overvalued or if I lose confidence in the team behind the project.

Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:17:31 PM

Crypto
- Bitcoin
- Ethereum
- NEO

ICO's
- CoinMetro
- Curazion

Precious Metals
- Rhodium
- Gold
- Silver

Why bitcoin and altcoins are not short-term investments? Look at how dozens of altcoyins can do + 100% in 3-4 days. Is it not enough? I would on the contrary say that now in a falling market does not work hodl.

crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:26:01 PM

Yes, I think that holding your coins is the safest way while the market isn’t doing too good. Through holding coins, we can avoid further losses that can make us regret in the future. With holding, you also need patience. You can only see the fruit of you holding if you wait for the right time.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:41:55 PM

For me hodling is safe but the situation varies significantly
When you buy a coin at 1 sat, all you need to do is hodl until it plummets and you can make profit from it

When you buy a coin for 100$, then you held till It’s worth 150$, you don’t have to hodl anymore; you have to rake in your profit
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: