Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why arguments against Bitcoin are wrong...  (Read 267 times)
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:59:48 PM

Well, the energy requirements of Bitcoin certainly aren't something that should just be brushed off, I personally don't think that the current system is sustainable, if only a small fraction of the planet is mining right now and it already draws 1% of the global energy expenditure, then increasing the user base by 10 fold will lead to it being 10%, that's just insane!
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:07:34 PM

Well what the world need as at this moment is the freedom to use the finances as the wish, take for example most of the argument against are all due to it decentralized nature a d being use by criminals to carry out illegal dealings without any trace. But even the faint paper money can also be use to carry out illegal transactions so what the difference.
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:10:19 PM

Bitcoin anonymity and decentralization is for hackers, scammers/frauds, criminals also. They will run away after the crime.

Terrorists can mine and buy Bitcoin and when the price goes to $400 to $4000, terrorists will have 10 times more money.

Terrorists can earn money in many ways, and if they choose to do it via bitcoin it is a testament to bitcoins success as an investment. Obviously it's terrible that they will earn money from Bitcoins success, but we wouldn't close down a successful company because we don't like 1 of its 1000's of investors, would we?

Terrorist really needs transaction payment crypto because of anonymity aside from buying and selling goods in deepweb to darkweb all because of incognito transparency, and most of the big miners are from those country with a cold temperature for their good mining strong rigs good condition and escaping from reality tax in electricity.

cathalary153

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:19:43 AM

It still uses positive bitcoin for people who really believe in technology, invest and support it in all the crypto evolution. I think it is a mistake to call bitcoin the currency of terrorists and scammers, because according to statistics they use more money.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:23:32 AM

Avoid the opinion that bitcoin is isis or terrorist, what I get here is how we can build and get bitcoin in a good way.
What is the purpose of making a video to fight bitcoin? What do you get?
Some do it for the fun of it with no meaning. I have never heard anyone compare or read anywhere that bitcoin  is  associated with terrorism - it's truly a first, why would they?
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:54:24 PM

Hi guys, I made this video discussing the arguments against Bitcoin/crypto, and my response to each point.

Let me know what you think, cheers  Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glkW-_hU7ZQ&t=301s
Let me tell the story of bitcoin in the past, when bitcoin was introduced a decade ago, every one treated bitcoin as treated by the its haters now a days as it was indigestible for them that how could one currency be so profitable and then they started calling it a Ponzi scheme or a scam or a bubble that would burst soon but there were very few who believed on it and are now the bitcoin billionaires so those who are talking shit about the bitcoin will surely regret in the future and that is why argument against the bitcoin is wrong.
antonhuda

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:15:01 PM

Look at bitcoin positively and don't leave it to the minds of terrorists or scammers. Bitcoin is created well and has functions that are really good, it's just that many people might use it off the mark.
But basically, Bitcoin is having advantages and disadvantages that will not be debated.
georgepark

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:12:18 PM

I think it is a mistake to call bitcoin the currency of terrorists and scammers, because according to statistics they use more money. As for writing it on the forum, can anyone reply in writing here? Avoid the idea that bitcoin is IS or terrorist, what I get here is how can we build and get bitcoin in a nice way. The transaction fees are too high to come from the way back in 2017, before SegWit and the Lightning network, when Blockchain was initially spammed and congested. We need to find ways to identify these people and then prove to them that things have changed, since they use Bitcoin back then.
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:36:51 PM

I think it is too naive and far-fetched to say or call bitcoin a terrorist and scammer currency, those who value bitcoin are negative but don't say that because bitcoin is created with no direction at all for terrorists and scammers, bitcoin comes as one of the world's economic solutions that is based on a fast, safe and inexpensive technology system for blockchain and cryptocurrency and this may take time to achieve this goal

bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:52:08 PM

Hi guys, I made this video discussing the arguments against Bitcoin/crypto, and my response to each point.

Let me know what you think, cheers  Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glkW-_hU7ZQ&t=301s

Unfortunately the video that you provided has been deleted by youtube or from you alone, you better upload it again if it is good and educating, so that we can all get lessons from the video you gave
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:15:01 PM

In my own opinion, there is nothing wrong in making discussion but I believe if arguments will be against btc that could ruin it's reputation that will cause misconception to some of the members and investors, then I believe this is not the right section. Healthy and constructive discussion would be a great idea to promote btc as a currency for investment and the effectiveness as a payment system.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 01:51:27 PM

Due to some reasons that video is deleted from YouTube and not viewable to anyone. Make sure that you are following the rules and regulations and not violating any copyright laws to prevent such incidents from taking place in the future. YouTube is one of the popular influencing platforms where we can educate others about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies but make sure that you are doing it without violating rules and regulations otherwise it might create a negative perception which is more dangerous.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: