Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:05:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a team for a Donation Coin Backed by Bitcoin and Non Profit Org  (Read 536 times)
Against Hunger (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:08:03 AM

Against Hunger is currently exploring the development of a new donation cryptocurrency and wanted to get feed back from the community and also build a team of people who would be interested in contributing.  

This coin will be a high transaction coin for the purpose of purchasing real products and will be a 50% donation coin and 50% mined coined. For every 2 coins mined 1 coin will go to the miner and 1 coin will be donated.

We are looking for founders and volunteers

1) Have a proven track record developing and supporting cryptocurrencies.
2) Honest people who are prepared to provide full public details (Sorry no anonymous people).
3) Interested in donating their time in the development support of a coin focused on poverty.

If you are interested please PM me or mail volunteers@againsthunger.org  

Background
Against Hunger believes that cryptocurrencies will play a major part in ending world hunger.

When you enable communities to receive donations directly in cryptocurrencies there are significant benefits for everyone involved. By introducing cryptocurrencies into a community, you are not only allowing the people who receive the donations to pay for nutritious meals using the cryptocurrency you are also helping to build a new economy.

The result is we now have a source of income for people living in poverty using a deflationary currency that increases in value over time and is backed by external investors in the currency.  This provides value for the people who receive the donation and also across the entire supply chain.  From farmers who grow the crops, to the people who ship the harvest as well as the merchants who sell produce into the community.

The introduction of cryptocurrencies will provide an environment for growth and kick starts an economy. An economy that we believe will reduce financial disparities and eventually result in self sufficiency.

The Donation Coin
The Donation Coin (name to be decided)  is designed to be a transactional coin so it will be optimized for fast time between confirmations, dynamic block sizes and take advantage of leading features and functions from other cryptocoin architectures. The specific purpose of the coin is to support people living in poverty and to help close gaps in standards of living and health inequalities. The coin is mined at a 2 to 1 ratio.  For every block that is mined 1 coin is given to the miner of that coin.  In addition to this with each block mined a separate coin will be released that will be donated to people living in poverty.  The Donation Coin will also be traded on various cryptocurrency exchanges so the value of that donation is equal to the market value of the coin.

Coin Value
To encourage mining and adoption the coins will initially be backed by other currencies that are currently being donated at http://www.againsthunger.org.  Coins that will be initially backed by cryptocurrencies will have an initial value of ~0.00001BTC  When the value of the coins exceed 0.00001 BTC or more the coins will be floated against the current market value.

The Bitcoins to support this initiative are currently being raised at http://www.againsthunger.org  People who are making significant donations of 50 Bitcoin or more can “Loan Bitcoins” for the purpose of guaranteeing the Currency. The “Loaned Bitcoins” will be returned when the currency value has stabilized and is greater than 0.001BTC as the coins value will now be floated to market value against BTC.

Donated Coin Distribution Method
Donated Coins will initially be distributed using coupon booklets of BIP38 password protected private wallets.  

Coupon Booklet Activation
Initial activation of coupon booklets are  through the scanning of the QR code on the booklet and applying funds to this code.

Spend Coins
The person receiving the donation wallet will have a new coupon activated every set period to control spend rate.

Authorized Merchant locations
Authorized Merchant locations are typically merchants selling produce for consumption into the community.

I look forward to support from the community. I do believe this is a worthwhile project and will be a great use case for cryptocurrencies and provide real value by giving back to the global community.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Against Hunger (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:44:33 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 04:47:58 PM by Against Hunger

Hi Everyone

I have had a couple of PM's on this but I really need some people who are committed to help make this happen.  If anyone is interested please contact me.  Cryptocurrencies have given many of us so much and I believe it is time we all decided to give back to the world.  Through a transactional donation currency we can make a difference. Yes we could easily just create a new coin but we really need a strong community around this initiative or it will not be successful.  

Please PM ME or  Post.  Thank YOU!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: