Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS THE BOUNTY HUNTER THE CAUSE OF THE SUDDEN PRICE CRASH OF A TOKEN OR COIN?  (Read 176 times)
tterrorpipa (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:25:59 AM

I think I am hearing wrong about the false accusations by the users in the telegram regarding on the fact that the bounty hunters are the main reason for the dump price of the token or coin. They may cause a sudden fall-down but we cant really blame it all to the bounty hunters. Remember the fact that almost 1% of the token allocation are goes to the bounty hunters, and almost 25% of the fund allocation are to those users attending the ico tokensale.
How about the big investors, the whale investors, kindly think of that first. Before making accusations to us, bounty hunters.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:27:12 AM

Sometimes, it really is. But the hunters never drop coins just like that. If they see potential, they'll hold the coin.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:36:25 AM

I believe that the true impact of the bounty hunters dump depends of several circunstances like the potencial of the project, the amount allocated for the bounty, the type of bounty hunter that it attracts, etc...
In some projects bounty hunters do behave like pure dumpers and might have a good impact on price just after the ICO, but on most cases I believe that large investors that got huge bonus on private sale are mostly responsible for the price crash...

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
bitcoinpeople3

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:22:32 AM

Might not entirely be so, but bounty hunters also lay a vital role in determining the sudden crash of the price of a token or coin. A lot of these bounty hunters just dump their token rewards almost immediately after they get them, without even thinking of how their dump will greatly affect the market of that token/coin.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 04:09:08 AM

~snip~

I don't think so cryptocurrency price dropped due to bounty hunters. There is lot of reasons, only one reanose are not enough for dropped price. So many negetive news, no big investors are entering on market, selling eth by ICO owners etc the main reasons (IMO). If new investors stop investing on crypto currency than no doubts price will drop slowly. Current market situation is no big investors are entering markets. Due to many negetive feedback form SEC many investors are worrying to invest on crypto. We can expect something will clear up to end of this year. Bounty hunters just hold average 5% from ICO. And obviously they will not sale on loss. So it will not effect on total crypto markets. Crypto markets movement depends on big whale.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:35:19 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 09:15:05 AM by iconoclast

I think I am hearing wrong about the false accusations by the users in the telegram regarding on the fact that the bounty hunters are the main reason for the dump price of the token or coin. They may cause a sudden fall-down but we cant really blame it all to the bounty hunters. Remember the fact that almost 1% of the token allocation are goes to the bounty hunters, and almost 25% of the fund allocation are to those users attending the ico tokensale.
How about the big investors, the whale investors, kindly think of that first. Before making accusations to us, bounty hunters.

Bounty hunters are just a convenient excuse for very poorly managed ICO's. The Bounty is typicaly only 1% of the float. If you can't handle 1% of the coins being sold post ICO then you have done a very poor job of managing your project. From studying ICO's that have sold off it is apperant that the source of the selling is almost always Insiders as well as Private and Presale investors. Just look at tokens like IUNGO that ripped off everyone that worked on the bounty by reducing it to less than one tenth of one percent of the tokens sold but still lost 95% of its value because all the insiders sold their tokens while telling the ICO investors to HODL.

bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:35:59 AM

Most companies pay a bounty of tokens through 3-8 months after completion of the ICO. Therefore, it is foolish to say that bounty hunters are to blame for the fall of the cryptocurrency rate. The blame is mainly whales who buy cryptocurrency on PreICO with big bonuses

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 04:49:06 AM

With just that small amount of percentage given to the bounty hunters, I don't think that they will impact "crash" to the token price (especially with only those little volume of tokens compared to the big investors). And yes, usually the ICO project pay/distribute the bounty and airdrop tokens couple months after the ICO end (not to mention if they hold it), so I don't think that the hunters should take all the credits for this.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
SlavSL

Activity: 205
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 04:50:56 AM

Yea, bounty hunters haven't the sufficient amount of tokens to dump the price. They could dump it a little and for short time....
demonic098

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

Ximply for president!!!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:52:21 AM

I agree with you bounty participants might drag the price down at first but if the project has a really good potential some of them might consider holding it or even buy more. The price really depends on the project and the marketing itself.

Buy me a drink ETH: 0xED47aFa721e4228Bf19434aDDB1B79E740822540
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 04:53:31 AM

The market is indeed crazy and has a lot of actors that make the value of a token high or low. I believe that right now what is driving the market is pure speculation that has players like whales, bounty hunters and the rest. In time use case of the coins will make the difference in the market

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
BlazingBlack_Dragon

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:04:02 AM

Sometimes, it really is. But the hunters never drop coins just like that. If they see potential, they'll hold the coin.

Same here. I usually hodl my bounties if it's just around $100 value range. If higher, I may decide to sell some but still hold bulk of the bounty given in my wallet. I don't dump as it hurts the community and the devs that I've worked with.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:13:23 AM

Yes, you are right, I accept your opinion, how can a 1% bounty campaign fund allocation destroy the Token price on the market, this accusation is false to the bounty hunters, this doesn't make sense
andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:14:25 AM

Yes unfortunately that is often the csae in this bear market when there is no legitimate volume.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
netto7

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:34:15 AM

i dont think it can make price crash with coin from bounty hunter it very little.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:39:42 AM

It is very interesting that people must blame something for any unfavourable state, for me if a price of a token went down and I feel it is a good project, it is a buying opportunity for me, what are people going to say about projects like Hybridblock and 0chain don't have any bounty campaign and the price is around 80% below their ICO price.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:52:46 AM

i think no just like you said bounty have only a small allocation of the total token so they can't affect the price that much. the price still depends on the project if it can attract more investors. bounty hunters are also one of the reason the project can attract investors so they have right to sell their rewards.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:29:21 AM

More likely bounty hunters is also some sort of investors, though no money is placed but they probably put their trust into something that worth to hold.

If a token is good no matter how the bounty hunters dump the token it will still bounce back. On the side note, investors are silently dumping their token since they lose trust to the project and it's time to cut loss. We can't put all the blame to each other because the reality hits us hard that the team has a full responsibility to make their token stabilize, they should be the one thinking how their token survive in this kind of environment. We put trust to them so in return they should be doing something worthy.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:30:45 AM

short answer is no.

if you hang around in the altcoin market for a while and try seeing the history of different altcoins you can see that these types of things happen too often and there doesn't need to be a "bounty hunter" or even that kind of token distribution for a dump. the dumps are inevitable as long as there is no real demand for the coin.

so far these tokens are 100% speculation so when you buy them the only thing you can ever do with them is to have them as an speculative asset which is in fact more like a lottery ticket that you buy which may win and give you some profit. otherwise the lack of usage means there will come a time when others who bought their lottery tickets would want to encash them and the dump comes.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:45:23 AM

Today, most projects announce that some large investors helped to assemble soft cap, this is the case when tokens were sold with huge discounts and these investors will dump the price after the ICO. All this is done secretly, so they put all the blame on bounty hunters.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: