Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:15:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell car for Bitcoin  (Read 2020 times)
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:55:57 PM

I think that now selling a car to buy Bitcoins is a very risky act. The market turn is not obvious. The rate may drop even lower. But on the other hand, cars are getting cheaper with time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:00:57 PM

My friend decided to sell his car and invest all the money in Bitcoin as some people predict that 1 BTC will reach 500 000$ till the end of 2019.
He totally believes in it and tells that then he could buy not only a new car but a flat also.

Does it really worth it? He uses his car for his work and now he wouldn't be able to do this anymore as he thinks there's no need to work anymore.

Bitcoin last year hit only 20,000 USD, given it gets so much popularity and many people bought it. That was in a year, though we should not close any possibilities. But let's face the facts, it will need more than just popularity. It will need worldwide usage or more.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:16:17 PM

A very risky step because no one can ensure the crypto price correctly in the future. Hope you are right with what you decide. Good luck and success.
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:20:03 PM

My friend decided to sell his car and invest all the money in Bitcoin as some people predict that 1 BTC will reach 500 000$ till the end of 2019.
He totally believes in it and tells that then he could buy not only a new car but a flat also.

Does it really worth it? He uses his car for his work and now he wouldn't be able to do this anymore as he thinks there's no need to work anymore.
Probably a bad deal for bitcoin to buy a car, that is something physical, a good deal in terms of Finance, and this is a leap into the future, and perhaps a big jump in coins.

alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:26:50 PM

I also have a story about my friend who sold his car because he wanted to trade Bitcoin about 8 months ago, at that time his car was sold for around 60,000 dollars. He is very enthusiastic, because there are people who tell him it's easy to get money by trading Crypto. but what he experienced, the Coin they bought the price dropped, and he lost a lot of his balance. even now the money hasn't returned.
Dainye_dyep

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:32:22 PM

Well, that was really a too risky action to do for the fact that in this moment of time, we cannot have that assurance that all he have risked for Bitcoin is all worthy because the price is still unpredictable and that belief of him can change and be challenge as time passes for the fact that maybe the price will move more negative which can be a regretful thing for your friend that he sacrifices his car for this. I think, he must have seek first for an advice regarding this matter so that regret will be lessen.
beami

Activity: 602

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:53:28 PM

This is a decision that is only seen by the sweet results, without thinking of the risks. Hunted by the passion that wants to get rich quickly even though your friends have not been able to or the experience of bitcoin is still minimal, but with determination so that the results do not meet expectations. It must be very painful.
One lesson that we can take from your friends' events, don't be easily tempted by something that isn't real and we don't know about bitcoin, the sweetness can be thought but don't forget the bitter, we have to prepare these two things mentally.

Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

For me, its a good decision because cars depreciate in value while bitcoin will increased its value over a long period of time. Bitcoin will be great in the next 3 years and for sure you can buy bettet cars in the future, if I have some assets like this I will do the same, because I believe in bitcoin.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:45:05 PM

Well, if that car is an extra one or a car that is not that useful, then I would say that it's a good move, especially if that friend of yours is quite serious with making investments in the market mate. However, if that car is much like an asset that has its purpose, then I wouldn't support the idea because you would lose more than what you can possibly gain. The convenience of having a car is not worth losing, especially if you are trading it off for something that you can't really rely that much upon. We all know how the market is, and everything we put in whether it be capital or investment is something that can be a source of heartbreak since, right now, there is a high chance for it to go to waste. Be smart mate, investing is good, but not in that regard.
Perie200

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:56:08 PM

Honestly, guys, I would sell a car to buy Bitcoin, but unfortunately I do not), because the current price is very low and it will increase many times. Simple arithmetic, sold one car now and bought Bitcoin, then sold Bitcoin's floor and bought a car and the second half of the coin you left. Beauty.
joelou

Activity: 207

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:57:09 PM

Sell car for bitcoin?  Don't need to sell your car just become a bounty hunter you can get what you want.  Just join any kind of bounty program. Easy to earn token don't rush your self to get bitcoin.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:58:06 PM

Well, an idea like that will have a different response, for some people such ideas are very worth it to do, and for me it is obviously a crazy idea, but of course I will not criticize the idea of someone selling a car, house, or valuables other for investing in bitcoin, I realize everyone has a different tolerance for risk.
Flexibit

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:59:23 PM

well for me we can only see it in the end if his decision is good enough or not,  we know that the car depreciate over the years seems like the owner has faith in the bitcoin price then in the end when the price raise up that is the time that we will know the result if it is good or not.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:00:20 PM

Extually it can not be tell at this market situation. No prediction is working at present market. So i think you friend needs to more patience before selling his car. Slow and steady wings the race. best of luck.
rachellee

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 03:03:57 PM

Well, we'll know if selling his car for bitcoin is worth it when we cross the bridge. Anyway, what he did is not a condemnable crime. We are always responsible for the result of our own actions. If he really believes that bitcoin will cross $500k, then it is his sole discretion. At the end of the day, it is he who will benefit or suffer from it. So no one has to right to judge that what he did is worth it or not. In this crypto world, it's always join and invest at your own risk. And it's too premature to predict where the market is going now, considering its high volatility and the infancy of its technology. So what we do here in this business is just a matter of instinctive judgment. I just hope that we are really heading the right path in this crypto space and that everything will turn out right for the common good.
RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:08:58 PM

It can be a good investition. But it is to risky. Nobody know when bitcoin will grow. Your friend cannot work without his car and it is a big problem.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:09:20 PM

If you think logic, you can see now he suffer his life with no transportation when go to work. And he only follow what people said without do his own research before make investment. So it is worth or not?
For me it's not worth of it, because transportation is also needed to reach a distant place. Unless he's have more than one car, It makes little reasonable so that he can gets quick capital to buy bitcoin. Just hope the capital can grow, because if not, there will be another car he want to sells.
drukoz2

Activity: 395

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:15:20 PM

To be honest, at the time I also sold my car to invest in bitcoin. But I only did it because I didn't need it because I live near my work. And while not regretted my decision.
Pyr3x

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:43:15 PM

This is a bold decision, some people sell their homes to invest in bitcoin. And a car is not such a big sacrifice. I'd do the same if I had an extra car.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Glutius

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:55:36 PM

Your friend has a strange logic because investing in bitcoin is unpredictable and he will not be able to make big profits regularly. So this is a rather strange decision.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: