Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Thymos rule: making it better  (Read 222 times)
Ghypatt (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 11:08:11 AM

I know this new initiative by Thymos came as a surprise to almost all of us. We actually least expected it. How does it feel like; after several weeks of been a junior member and enjoying the benefits that come with it, you wake up the next morning just to realize you have been demoted. To me, it is not very welcoming news but that does not take away the fact that the initiative is good and may reduce unnecessary posts.

My major concern however is that, mostly merits are given to only new topics or new threads. I believe good posts do not only come from new threads but some replies to posts by people can be very good and may deserve merits even better than new threads that were given merits. I think this happens because people hardly read replies to posts. They just go on ahead and read the thread and some few replies.

And so to my dear higher ranked members who are capable of giving merits, please kindly be reading the replies as well and merit people who rightly deserve it. Thank you.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 11:38:02 AM

My concern is how to stop people starting a million threads like this, and making the boards unusable. It looks as if it is time to get the ignorer hammer out again, and publish a list of such spammers.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:52:35 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 11:50:02 PM by nngella
Merited by bones261 (2)

My concern is how to stop people starting a million threads like this, and making the boards unusable. It looks as if it is time to get the ignorer hammer out again, and publish a list of such spammers.

Can't blame them.  I see lots of posts which are similar to this one and getting lots of merits.  It is so tempting for the newbies to start a new topic (means high exposure and high chance to get merit) and just like this which is really a hot topic since the merit system has started.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:53:12 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

My major concern however is that, mostly merits are given to only new topics or new threads. I believe good posts do not only come from new threads but some replies to posts by people can be very good and may deserve merits even better than new threads that were given merits. I think this happens because people hardly read replies to posts. They just go on ahead and read the thread and some few replies.
Not actually. I've given majority of my merits to topic replies and not topic posts. Most topics made by lower ranks are always like "we should believe in the power of bitcoin and blockchain because etc etc".

And so to my dear higher ranked members who are capable of giving merits, please kindly be reading the replies as well and merit people who rightly deserve it. Thank you.
I assure you that there are lots of high ranked members that are itching to give away their merits. It's just that it's difficult to find people in lower ranks to give merit to. It's mostly either generic posts, or spam. Very rarely that you find those topics and replies that are actually merit-worthy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hanbok

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:15:23 PM

I know this new initiative by Thymos came as a surprise to almost all of us. We actually least expected it. How does it feel like; after several weeks of been a junior member and enjoying the benefits that come with it, you wake up the next morning just to realize you have been demoted. To me, it is not very welcoming news but that does not take away the fact that the initiative is good and may reduce unnecessary posts.

With me, the new management policy is really good. It helps to avoid the status of new accounts created for the purpose of bonuses or spam, it does not help much for this forum.

In my opinion, managers should give better policies, for example, need 5 or 10 merits to be able to rank Jr
cyntyn856771

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

The Merit system was a good way to reduce the spammers and the Merit system was necessary to keep bitcointalk forum more stable in the future. That's part of the law
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: