Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:29:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin is Adopted what happen to ilerate population(stone age people)  (Read 20635 times)
wizardcrypto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:15:49 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 08:02:54 AM by wizardcrypto

Bitcoin is digital currency revolutionizing the finance Industry which many predict to be the currency of the future.

We live in global village that comprises of the educated ( Digital age) and the uneducated(stone age ) .the stone age is the era of the early men who are still alive and also practicing old cultural ways passing it from generation till date ,they have not been privileged to read and write .
The Digital age  have maximize the useful of the Bitcoin technology for easy and trans border transaction etc but the stone age  have not been able  to reap this benefit Bitcoin have to offer  due to their poor background in education . Let's take a proper example in the Africa continent we have more than 50% who where not eligible to go to school due to lack of funding and infrastructures within their territory.

The worst senero is that they can't read or write which makes it difficult for them to operate the internet since Bitcoin transactions are done on the on internet.they prefer to use the traditional paper currency  they feel it is comfortable  for them.
This is the major reason why Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is yet to be adopted by the masses.

How can these set of population be carry along to use the Bitcoin as mode of financial transaction if Bitcoin is the said "future currency"?

There is no project on the crypto space to address this unforeseen challenges.

Deliberations and ideas are welcome on how the group of personal can be integrated in the system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:32:47 AM

the same thing that happened to them when the world started turning into digital and everything including money started to have a digital form which is used more than the physical form (eg. electronic banking versus cash). they will be left behind and slowly catch up.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 11:57:46 AM
Merited by TheCoinGrabber (1)

BitcoinHodler has it in a nutshell.  Keep in mind that most 6 year-olds can immediately understand and use a bitcoin wallet on a dumbphone, and 1.2 billion people in China are already exclusively using digital wallets so when it comes time to shift to a new digital wallet using real money they will be ready.  It doesn't take much literacy to press send, scan QR code, and input an amount. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:10:11 PM

It doesn't take much literacy to press send, scan QR code, and input an amount.  
It might not but maybe OP here is referring to people who cannot even operate a smartphone correctly when he said "stone age people". If that is the case how can they even press send, scan QR code and input an amount if they find it hard to just simply use their phones or user friendly applications? Either way, I am sure they would find many fault in using bitcoin as currency.
wizardcrypto (OP)
Copper Member

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:48:08 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 01:58:25 PM by wizardcrypto

the same thing that happened to them when the world started turning into digital and everything including money started to have a digital form which is used more than the physical form (eg. electronic banking versus cash). they will be left behind and slowly catch up.
Thanks for your response I really do appreciate your comment , but have you  ever thought of this ,if Bitcoin is own by you and so many people you market your currency to don't understand how is been use  because of their poor background in education do you think they will use it as means of financial transaction for their petty trade.  To my opinion they will not .we need answer to their inability to operate  the internet.Senior mate, I believe what make a currency is that is must be generally accepted

Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:18:12 PM

Well there are ways to make it easier. Someone who is 20 years old won't immediately know how to use bitcoin even after explaining it to him for a bit. It is not easy to know all the stuff about, wallet, wallet safety, private keys, forks bla bla which is why adoption is hard to achieve.

Yeah but electronic banking is still far easier to understand and use than bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. It wasn't hard for older people to start using credit cards, for example, however a bitcoin wallet would be fairly hard. Also considering that you have to be on alert for a lot of things, forks, price, etc etc.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:34:21 PM

The thing is with your question that what it takes for a worldwide adoption is such an awesome simplicity, such a user-friendlies interfaces that any gramma can use.get the point?
ksupriya94

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:44:23 PM

If bitcoin is adopted everywhere. It should be optional not mandatory to use only bitcoin and any other digital currency. So illiterate peoples will use traditional currency and they will also increase their understanding regarding digital currency with time.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:48:18 PM

Yes they do will be leave behind but soon they will adapt and i do think the goverment should help them and eventually i believe all people could use cryptocurrency easier.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:50:44 PM

The exact same thing is happening with elderly people right now regarding internet based everything.

You either have a spotty grandson to help you out or you slowly starve to death. No one else gives a shit.

In terms of banking they tried to kill off cheques in the UK a while back. So many people were still using them they had to ease off. I expect a very long lead time before the old ways are shut down completely.
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:52:39 PM

Bitcoin will ever remain where it is. It cannot be adopted as the currency of any people. It best serves as an alternative currency of transfers. This is when you don't want to pay the huge bank charges and speed up your transfer. It can also continue to serve as alternative payment method for peer to peer transactions. But to adopt as a national currency, it is far from it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 02:54:17 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 03:20:28 PM by Webberson

People should know that the world is fast evolving and things are fast moving by the day; technologies are advancing as well. I believe in cryptocurrency simply because it is an innovation that suits the present era. The stone age people will only have themselves to blame at the end, for not accepting it.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:55:36 PM

The thing is with your question that what it takes for a worldwide adoption is such an awesome simplicity, such a user-friendlies interfaces that any gramma can use.get the point?
Which it is the thing that currently most of the cryptocurrencies project lack of. They damn hard tricky and not user-friendly. The UX design urgently needs an improvement. The adoption will surely follow when the problem is solved.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:58:24 PM

I was teaching one to use Amazon a while back. I pointed at the massive fucking button with 'buy' written on it. She turned to me and said 'so how do I buy something?'

Grandmas will reject anything that's put in front of them that they don't want to understand even if a furry hand came out of the screen and pressed their fingers where they needed to go.
Deepa18dec

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:02:49 PM

Even if Bitcoin is adopted worldwide, it doesn't mean that it will replace fiat and just like in today's time, there are people who don't know what internet/mobile banking is, there will be people who'll still be living in a state of oblivion when it'll come to digital currency or Bitcoin.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:04:56 PM

I am sure if bitcoin is globally adopted, all the people will be able to use it. They have to use it and will try to learn it.
Credit cards and debit cards are now used by almost all the people. When credit card had been created recently, it was something new. But now it's something ordinary.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:39:37 PM

Even if the adoption of bitcoin will reached 100% still paper money will exist. People from different walks of life should have options onto what they are gonna use when purchasing something. The people you are referring to nowadays will eventually adopt but in a very slow manner. We just have to empower those people for them to gain knowledge about the technology and be able to cope with what is happening now technologically

Denbella

Activity: 173
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:25:49 PM

Illeracy will be a very factor among others that will restrict the use of bitcoin by everyone everywhere. Bitcoin is an online currency which requires internet accessibility but in some parts of the world where there is no or little education, people who are not educated especially in internet usage will not value it and they may not be able benefit from it.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:31:08 PM

Thanks for your response I really do appreciate your comment , but have you  ever thought of this ,if Bitcoin is own by you and so many people you market your currency to don't understand how is been use  because of their poor background in education do you think they will use it as means of financial transaction for their petty trade.  To my opinion they will not .we need answer to their inability to operate  the internet.Senior mate, I believe what make a currency is that is must be generally accepted

I don't know to what extent something can be done about it, I mean, you can make totally user-friendly wallets and applications, you can simplify the operations at the level of a five-year-old child, you can include tutorials, but you can't teach people to read and write and, above all, you can't do anything against the lack of motivation, because many times people do not learn new things because they don't want to. For example, you can give a tablet or a smartphone to a little child who still cannot read or write and in an hour he/she will have downloaded several applications and games and will be handling the device like an expert. It's true that a child's brain is not like an older person's brain, but I think that nobody should self-limit himself because of not having an education. If you want, you can learn to send and receive bitcoin without problems, at least the basics.
wizardcrypto (OP)
Copper Member

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

Thanks  for all your comment. according to Warrren Buffet "bitcoin is here to stay".  what are the measures so far that have been taken for sustainability of bitcoin is why the question of what happen to the stone age people. i will like to clarify here that many don't really understand  how the stone age people we react :
you will agree with me that one of the causes of criminal  activities in most developing countries is as a result of noneducational measure not put in place .
if you leave the illerate behind because  of digital revolution and they are not carry along it will be a big challenge later .

Nobody can fight technology and thats why Bitcoin is the future and will replace paper money but the loop holes in the Bitcoin must be fix.
Bitcointalk  is a  forum with lot of innovative ideas that are unveil everyday which has result to so many Altcoin coming on board in the crypto space. l believe therefore that if this issue is address technically it might result to another Altcoin be develop in the cryptocurrency community .

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: