Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CURRENT RANKS SHOULD BE MAINTAINED  (Read 139 times)
kemswag (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:24:37 AM

The merit system is good to ensure sanity in the forum. But there are still genuine accounts who are not rewarded accordingly after working very hard in making very good quality posts in the forum. This is quite unfortunate  that majority of Jr. Members on the forum are now newbies due to  lack of merit. I think the current ranks should have been maintained just as it was done when the merit system was first introduced. This is my greatest concern.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:54:35 PM

No point complaining about it. The decision has been made and there is no turning back. I believe getting one merit shouldn't be too hard, if only the people who use this forum changed their focus just a little bit. Let me tell you what I mean by that and why I fully support this decision.

It's fine to participate in bounties and try to earn some money. But to spam the forum while doing that is not OK. Those one-liners and "I agree" posts have one purpose only: to fulfill the required number of posts asked by the signature campaign. It is never a good thing to receive value without giving value too. So what would value mean in the case of bitciointalk.org? For example, it could mean that once in a while, we write something worth reading. For example, a longer post that has some interesting links and/or images in it. That way we can at least partly compensate for the opportunity that has been given to us to earn some money. Don't forget that we are using a website that is not ours.

How many of us (if we had a strong website that we own and have full control of) would let other people join and earn money as well? Not so many I guess.

BTW, I checked your post history hoping to find something worth reading, but your posts are mostly one-liners, the current post being among the longest.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:57:06 PM

1 merit is easy to earn. Its not like people are losing 100 merits or more by getting ranked down. They are literally only losing a couple which should be easy to achieve for genuine users. This restriction implementation will really separate the spammers from the good posters. If it doesn't then we'll have to look at more harsh restrictions in the future in my opinion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: