Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop searching for merits and you will received them.- see Smerit as liabilities  (Read 853 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 4124

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 11:45:31 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 10:13:24 AM by CryptopreneurBrainboss
Merited by LoyceV (2), Welsh (2), Stedsm (2), Onuohakk (2), theymos_away (2), sncc (1), butka (1), S_Therapist (1), vphasitha01 (1)

I chatted with a senior member of this forum after I notice almost all his posts or comments he made got merited. I asked for his secret and guidelines his replies got me thinking he said;
 (1). "Stop searching for merit and you will get them i.e stop commenting or posting just to get merits." so I stop and to my surprise I got merited for the first time in this forum and the funny part is, it was not even my best comment (in which i was using to search for the merits).

(2). I should see Smerit as liabilities to myself and an Asset to others and give them away to deserving users immediately I get them. I did that few days ago and i just notice that merit i sent save another user from being demoted.

All I'm saying is, instead of commenting/posting to get merits do those act to add value to other. Hoping this post inspire someone to do the right thing.

Edited: Take this post as an example, it was written to advice others and now it is getting the merits I never had.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:22:56 PM
Merited by Welsh (1), CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

You made a couple of great points there. The same logic applies to life in general. If you are focused too much on something that you want to get, focused to the point of despair, usually you never get it. And yes, you have to give in order to receive.
evergreendog

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:25:12 PM

Thanks for the advice but I will continue to search.  I know there is merit hiding within the depths of this forum. Maybe under Jet Cash's hat? Or perhaps in the Pharmacist's pants?
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 02:01:55 PM

You made a couple of great points there. The same logic applies to life in general. If you are focused too much on something that you want to get, focused to the point of despair, usually you never get it. And yes, you have to give in order to receive.

Thank you for the feedback and also for the merit. Like I said
(1). "Stop searching for merit and you will get them i.e stop commenting or posting just to get merits."

It just proved itself in this post, I wrote to advice others and now the merit I have received in just hours is more than what I have received since I was writing to get merits

Thanks for the advice but I will continue to search.  I know there is merit hiding within the depths of this forum. Maybe under Jet Cash's hat? Or perhaps in the Pharmacist's pants?
Keep searching, a word they say is enough for the wise and you can only take the horse to the river but can't force it to drink. I have done my part it's left for you to decide.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:32:46 PM

Thank you for your wonderful advice. I just saw my demotion today to newbie. Honestly, I felt bad somehow, I know in my heart that I’m trying to put value in my posts not minding my position. Probably, it’s not yet my time but I’m challenge to be improve and do better because the forum is not only for me but for others also.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
neli234

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:54:37 PM

I chatted with a senior member of this forum after I notice almost all his posts or comments he made got merited. I asked for his secret and guidelines his replies got me thinking he said;
 (1). "Stop searching for merit and you will get them i.e stop commenting or posting just to get merits." so I stop and to my surprise I got merited for the first time in this forum and the funny part is, it was not even my best comment (in which i was using to search for the merits).

(2). I should see Smerit as liabilities to myself and an Asset to others and give them away to deserving users immediately I get them. I did that few days ago and i just notice that merit i sent save another user from being demoted.

All I'm saying is, instead of commenting/posting to get merits do those act to add value to other. Hopping this post inspire someone to do the right thing.

Oh, I'm not good at English, and I'm a bounty hunter. I also tried to write a share article with the intention of earning some merit for fun a few months ago and realized it was hard for my limited knowledge and language. It does not matter at that time because I do blogging is primarily and Here is my article for that purpose: D https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4417367.0
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:55:27 PM

This is just the simple truth most people will not understand, i am a just a good example, the very moment I stop searching for merits, that's actually when it started coming and i was surprised that after few days i ranked up to member in this forum. Just one post is enough to rank someone to a higher rank, So i will advise members instead of going about searching for merits, use the time to create a post that could take you to the next rank and even beyond.
mahdie88

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:08:25 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

Thank you so much, you make me smile! Yes, I'm really down now due to being demoted, and it has a huge impact to me as bounty hunters. Well I guest we should stop thinking for merit as of now, if it will come to me and shall be. If its not, atleast I never make something bad as they will ignore me. Thanks I will stop now.

❒ SWISS ALPS ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬ ❒
The Smart Mining Company
 █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 11:53:17 AM

Thank you so much, you make me smile! Yes, I'm really down now due to being demoted, and it has a huge impact to me as bounty hunters. Well I guest we should stop thinking for merit as of now, if it will come to me and shall be. If its not, atleast I never make something bad as they will ignore me. Thanks I will stop now.

This is my worst ever merited user. Thought he will change his/her way after getting merited but instead he/she continued in the old ways. After this experience before I merit any user, I must do a thorough background check to prevent this mistake from happening twice.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Luqui

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:25:42 PM

Yeah it's like a seance of meditation or guru's motivation) ok I'll try your advice and will see:)
Ardavan2150

Merit: 12

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:33:56 PM

I did the exact same thing. I tried to genuinely help other members on the forum specially beginners by posting useful information whenever I could. and merits started to come specially for the posts/topics that I did not expect to receive any merits.
So for any newbies out there, this is the ONLY advice you need to get merits:

Stop searching for merit and you will get them
Thebabybillionaire

Activity: 78

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 01:26:03 AM

Yes! And that's what I did, But I didn't receive yet. Although I'm not forcing anyone to merit my post because of my English grammar And spelling as well.
Now i realized that much better if more on reading not in posting.

I can't promise that i can give my all to this forum but I'll try to give my very best to be a better member on this forum.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Vindon

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:43:52 AM

Well yeah, something ordinary for you is valuable for someone else. It's common sense. Good advice  Smiley
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 05:36:19 AM

I did the exact same thing. I tried to genuinely help other members on the forum specially beginners by posting useful information whenever I could. and merits started to come specially for the posts/topics that I did not expect to receive any merits.
So for any newbies out there, this is the ONLY advice you need to get merits:

Stop searching for merit and you will get them

I'm glad you did the exact same thing and now you're getting the merits you never had but don't you think you're doing others bad by not sending out your Smerits. I mean read the second advice again it says "see Smerit as liabilities to myself and an Asset to others and give them away to deserving users " you aren't doing so don't know the reason but it's just not cool. you have received total of 11merits (no airdrop merits) that means you have free 5 smerit so kindly do the right thing by meriting deserving members.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1227

'Life's but a walking shadow'!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:20:39 PM

Members who have ranked up,at least to the member rank really do not get that buzz of excitement or goosebumps when they receive a merit, they simply see it as an acknowledgement that theit inputs are still very well needed in the forum..
That's why your assessment of merits as liabilities to the sender and assest to the receiver happens to be very correct,giving out merits is an invaluable contribution to the forum, as with that you appreciate a worthy post and also help to encourage other users to thrive and start contributing to the forum, there is absolutely no need hoarding merits, none at all.

████
████████
██████████
████████████
█░████████
███████████
████████████
██████████
 Ladies.de  ███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 LadiesStars  
▬▬▬▬

▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
░░▐▌░░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀░░▐▌░░
▀█▄▐▌▄█▀████████▀█▄▐▌▄█▀
▀████▀███████████▀████▀
███████████████
▀████▀███████████▀████▀
▀███▀

███████
Mogul-Fund
Copper Member

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:43:53 AM

Members who have ranked up,at least to the member rank really do not get that buzz of excitement or goosebumps when they receive a merit, they simply see it as an acknowledgement that theit inputs are still very well needed in the forum..
That's why your assessment of merits as liabilities to the sender and assest to the receiver happens to be very correct,giving out merits is an invaluable contribution to the forum, as with that you appreciate a worthy post and also help to encourage other users to thrive and start contributing to the forum, there is absolutely no need hoarding merits, none at all.

You can't hoard merits, if you don't give out your smerits within a set period of time they expire and you will not be able to send them out.
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:10:47 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 09:21:02 AM by Stedsm

To my knowledge, this is the best thing the guy said to you. It's like - when we try to do too much for a thing, we sometimes do the karma wrongly and in hurries and worries, you won't be able to conquer over your fears and won't win anything. Keep calm, keep posting quality content, stop thinking about merits and you'll probably get one on any of them by an understanding member any time.
Not going personal, but to what I think, the Sr. Member must be DdmrDdmr. Tongue

All I'm saying is, instead of commenting/posting to get merits do those act to add value to other. Hopping this post inspire someone to do the right thing.

Edited: Take this post as an example, it was written to advice others and now it is getting the merits I never had.

No doubt this proved to be an inspiration for everyone out there (including me) and I confess I used to be lazy enough to check any meritable posts out here, but now I promise to be very firm on this to save any user that deserves to remain a part of the forum as well as achieve something that we've already achieved because if we can't use our talent (here: merits), it's useless.

Quoting a post from a different user here for everyone to know more on what they actually receive and make them aware of their liability as well:

Hi guys, new here. After reading thru all the necessary threads for newbies, it is still unclear as to who can award merits. Is it only after u reach a certain rank? or is it only specific people are allowed?
A quick summary to answer your question:

1. Users with a rank of Member or above before the 24th of January 2018 received an initial and onetime only airdrop of smerit (spendable merit).

The amount received in terms of global forum aggregate was around 600k as theymos disclosed.

The quantity the above users received in the airdrop is based on the following formula also disclosed by theymos:

Code:
yearActivity = activity in the last ~year, max 378
freeMerit = the merit (not sMerit) you started with
modifier =
  0.1 if member
  0.2 if full member
  0.25 if sr member
  0.35 if hero
  0.4 if legendary

return (yearActivity/378) * modifier * freeMerit

So if you were a member you would have received during the initial airdrop 1 smerit at most, a full member would receive 20 at most and so on.

2. There are also 80 users that act as official merit sources and may award up to 18500 smerits per month between them. These sources are not public and do it voluntarily, being users of a certain status and degree of respect. Their monthly smerit does renew each month (with certain rules) and constitutes the only renewing smerit in the system.

3.Every time any user receives merit, he gets half that amount of smerits to send to others at his discretion. Halves are not allowed, so the basic idea is that for every cumulative of 2 that you receive you get 1 smerit to send. Sent smerit is not renewed (do not confuse smerit with merit; your merit counter never decreases).

Theses are the basis to merit generation. The ethical side to sending merit vouches for you to send them to posts that you find are contributive to the forum (helping others, knowledgeable, good point of view even if you don’t agree, etc.). Merit abuse may be pursued  (I.e. Ill use of smerit, which is a whole other another chapter).

Merit: this counter never decreases and is increased with every smerit you receive.
SMerit: this counter increases with every 2 cumulative smerits you receive (you get half) and decreases every time you send smerit to a post.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 10:09:57 AM

Thanks for the information. It is always said that if you want something so desperately, you will never get it. Just make your posts and forget about getting merits, at the right time, you will be awarded with merits when you least expected.

Ardavan2150

Merit: 12

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:12:12 PM

~ don't you think you're doing others bad by not sending out your Smerits ~

You are right. I stopped thinking about merits all together and that was wrong. From now on I try to think about giving merits to others as well. It is only fair this way. Thanks for your input.
Upgate

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:37:03 PM

I will apply this to my stay here in the forum and even outside the forum. Am new here and I know with this guide lines I WI be able to benefit myself and also impact positively on other for the general growth of the community
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: