Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:26:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bitcoin control the market?  (Read 1491 times)
Bobtong

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:55:00 AM

I think you should check a correlation between the BTC rate and the crypto market as a whole, there is always a relation
BTC/alt relation is not going to be that strong

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:14:55 AM

Although bitcoin is the market leader, it doesn't exactly control the market. The market is in fact controlled by the big whales who have majority of supply of bitcoin and other coins.
That is what makes people hesitant about entering this market. If the whales weren't so greedy, we might have seen more people entering the market.
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:21:00 AM

I would say of course bitcoin is controlling the market. The problem is, that they are so less people who own the biggest part of bitcoins. SO there are really people out there and also on this message board, you have so much bitcoin, they cant even pay out everything because it would crash the price. So these people can also controll the whole altcoin market. If they want they can pump any altcoin to the moon.
Keyboard PC

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:25:46 AM

I think that controlling the price movements of all cryptocurrency including bitcoin depends on the presence of buyers and sellers, if it doesn't exist it seems like it will be very difficult to control the price of bitcoin.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 05:29:40 AM

Yes, indeed. Bitcoin is top crypto currency which means it has the most vital aspects on how market move the uptrend and downtrend everyday on trading and also altcoins are dependent on bitcoin's price. So bitcoin really has the over control over the market and most bitcoin holders such whales are really having a good time because even them they can manipulate the market trend.  

btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:00:24 AM

Yes bitcoin controls the market but not all, there are some crypto coin that suddenly have a large movement but other coins and bitcoin doesn't. It is the holders and investors who are controlling the market
gooryheta

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:34:15 AM

I don't think so, no one can control bitcoin market. If satoshi (the founder of bitcoin) here I guess he can't control it too

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
jeepuerit

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:43:19 AM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.
I think my idea is not Bitcoin the market regulator, because bitcoin is used only to convert different currencies, I think people still control the market or big investor. because it's depressed with people's demand.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:44:18 AM

no, I'm not sure if bitcoin controls the market, as evidenced by the current state of prices, when bitcoin prices slowly increase, there are still many altcoins that are still falling.
I agree with you - it doesn't . many factors do but bitcoin is more affected by the market then the one controlling it.
blackbold

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:00:46 AM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.

I agree with your opinion, because altcoins have different roles and goals, so that each altcoin has its own target market so that it is independent of bitcoin because they have their own circulation, but, there are so much altcoins that are also determined by bitcoin price, because bitcoin is like god of crypto, if bitcoin market is slowdown, altcoin market will follow it
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:18:09 AM

Maybe it's normal if every coin has a community in it and comes with the advantages of each especially in security breakthroughs. When one of the communities makes a purchase on one coin for example EXC, then the number of requests for EXC coins will increase and certainly only EXC coins will experience an increase in price. Perhaps it has become the stipulation of market law that the rise, and fall of each coin are determined, by supply and demand. So it's clear that the increase in the price of each coin, is not determined by bitcoin.

Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:08:27 AM

I think the reason is that altcoins are traded mainly in pair with bitcoin, so when bitcoin price moves, the prices change accordingly

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:20:59 AM

Bitcoin doesn't control the market, but the crypto market depends on bitcoin moves. That's why when bitcoin price goes down, other coins follow bitcoin moves and go down! Bitcoin price moves happen for various reasons! Actually, no one controls the crypto market!
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:40:02 AM

the thought is wrong, Bitcoin does not control the market and causes the price of other cryptocurrencies to depend on it. Bitcoin is like just a price benchmark for example BTC/ETH, BCT/LTC or others and at this time the benchmark price has begun to change, many are based on ETH, USDT, or cryptocurrencies issued by the exchange.
but there is also a crypto coin whose price is strongly influenced by Bitcoin, that is Bitcoin Cash, just pay attention

ji_blu

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:43:46 AM

I would say to a larger degree now, but it may possibly change in the future with new project. But for now, I would say the rest of the market follows Bitcoin's trajectory
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:00:24 AM

Well I wouldn't say BTC "controls" the market.

BTC is the king of cryptocurrencies and it's not going anywhere soon.

Yes it is really the bitcoin who is the king of the cryptocurrency. But as I have observed, it is really the market who controls the bitcoin, and that market is the peple who are at the back of crypto, those are the investors or even the moderators. We are the one incharge to the changes happening in the cryptocurrency market. Or even in the price of bitcoin.
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:28:31 AM

I think bitcoin has a huge impact with regards to the prices of the altcoin because bitcoin is the top traded coin in the world. It is being said that bitcoin is the mother of all other cryptocurrencies then it has a relationship with other altcoins.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:42:43 AM

Yes, BTC is teh dominant in the Crypto Market.
Wonderced

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:23:18 AM

yes, many people do that bitcoin as currency of money to tolerate other people who not know bitcoin as currency, bitcoin is unfamiliar to other people but many people know bitcoin as possible doing.
hanadaya

Activity: 294
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:33:58 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin has controlled the electronic money market. Bitcoin is the father of all changes. The value of Bitcoin has a big influence on other coins. Now, the value of Bitcoin and forcing all cryptocurrancy coins to fall.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: