Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Afraid about new merit system.  (Read 461 times)
nareal109 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:50:26 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

I'm afraid the new-newbies will dominate this forum to get one merit, back to their old rank Jr. Member and continue signature campaign.
Forum will full of new spam-topic, instead spam-post. That's terrible.
If signature campaigns only accept Member or higher, I think we will have a fresh forum.
What's your idea ?

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sue1710

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:00:18 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

I'm afraid the new-newbies will dominate this forum to get one merit, back to their old rank Jr. Member and continue signature campaign.
If signature campaigns only accept Member or higher, I think we will have a fresh forum.
What's your idea ?

I think that the new merit system is to help limit spam, as well as improve the quality of posts and  comments. It's true to say that this is makingdifficulties for signature campaign, but I believe the teams of bounty projects also will have a new idea to develop their signature campaign in another way soon.
Sealis

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:13:24 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

Most probably filling the forums with spams like "Yea I agree", " No I don't think so" without much context about their posts. When I first came to this forum, I seriously had the idea that Signature campaigns would only accept a high ranking member, not Jr. members or the like. I was kind of surprised when I browsed through the board of Signature campaign, because they allow Jr members to join in.Note that im talking about Jr members with no merit. Not only that, Jr members were members that had made most probably 0 contribution to the forum, seeing that they had no merit. This made me think that, won't this result in more spam just to abide by the signature campaigns rules? I admit that I started joining in signature campaigns and I also made spam posts, but I fully support the change made by the forums with regards to the requirements for a Jr Member. I even stopped spamming posts a few weeks after I first entered bitcoin just because I wanted to first learn just by reading random posts. I'd rather ask the teams of bounty projects to retain their current policies with enforcing signature campaigns. This would at least ensure that the people bringing the name of their projects are people who were accepted by the forum, and not just a spammer in random posts in the forum.
itssawai

Activity: 308

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 02:33:13 PM

I'm on the other side of your words, I mean yes there will be a lot of Newly Demoted Newbies trying there best to get that merit point, and for that they will put some efforts to make a decent post/comment. And eventually, users who really tried to their best and really contributed to the forum will get that merit as well.
On contrary, The spammers who never tried to make good posts, just copy pasted or posted bounty/airdrop reports. They will still spam crap on the forum but when they realize there is no hope and just spamming and useless stuff won't give them those merit points.

So, it's just a temporary phase where we see an increase in desperate spam posts by those demoted members to get back to their previous rank. Eventually it will filter out just spammers who don't know how to post good posts, off the forum.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:41:39 PM

If you really want to learn knowledge on the forum, I don't think there is anything afraid. Newbie doesn't affect our learn of crypto in the forum, isn't it?

Loser
Sealis

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:42:31 PM

It is really hard for people who are not good at native languages. I still have the knowledge to contribute to the forum but my English is not very good.
Post is translated by Google, thank you for reading
You can go to your native language forum below the official bitcoin discussion. At least there, you can interact a lot easier with your fellow peers. And learning English is just a matter of time don't worry about it. Reading this forum can help you practice in your English a lot, so don't be discouraged about it. Just try to let people know the context of your topic properly, so that even if you use broken English, they could still interact and communicate with you
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:43:03 PM

It is really hard for people who are not good at native languages. I still have the knowledge to contribute to the forum but my English is not very good.
Post is translated by Google, thank you for reading

Grammar isn't everything. Yes, it does help a lot, but there were instances whereas I gave merit because the reply made a lot of sense even though the grammar is slightly off. As long as your grammar doesn't make your reply look like it was from another language, then you're probably fine.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vovanlau1

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:45:45 PM

I'm on the other side of your words, I mean yes there will be a lot of Newly Demoted Newbies trying there best to get that merit point, and for that they will put some efforts to make a decent post/comment. And eventually, users who really tried to their best and really contributed to the forum will get that merit as well.
On contrary, The spammers who never tried to make good posts, just copy pasted or posted bounty/airdrop reports. They will still spam crap on the forum but when they realize there is no hope and just spamming and useless stuff won't give them those merit points.

So, it's just a temporary phase where we see an increase in desperate spam posts by those demoted members to get back to their previous rank. Eventually it will filter out just spammers who don't know how to post good posts, off the forum.
Because so many people using multi-account to join signature campaign, and they will spam unstopnable.
Only accept Member above to signature campaign is good idea, because newbies have more time to learn how to make a high quality post.
And I've read somewhere, "he can't speak English" not mean "he's a newbie". Someone need more time to read, understand and write English fancied.
(My English is not good, hope you understand)
Karr98

Activity: 52
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:00:59 PM

Don't be afraid about that,If they still post with shit poster I think many member at here will be report them. But what we should do is we must make this forum could be better and we start from us

Yes I think now we can saw many topic and post just to ask or complaining about "how to get merit", complaining about new rules. But I think moderators, and staff or admin will take care of it properly and we can help them by reporting if any topic or post not related with rules

What's your idea ?

I don't think so i think if we want to join signature campaigns we must do much effort like get some merit and high ranked. And when you get merit for the first time you will get more excited and then think how to get the second merit and so on (make good post or good thread that is useful for all members here). And because this forum i think is good but then came many newcomer that only this how to get money from this forum. And if they leave this forum this will great to us.
phahtiax12

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:09:48 PM

I think that the new merit system is to help limit spam, as well as improve the quality of posts and  comments. It's true to say that this is makingdifficulties for signature campaign. And this would at least ensure that the people bringing the name of their projects are people who were accepted by the forum, and not just a spammer in random posts in the forum.
Kelangbat99

Activity: 321

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 03:21:09 PM

What's your idea ?

I think that the new merit system is to help limit spam, as well as improve the quality of posts and  comments. It's true to say that this is makingdifficulties for signature campaign, but I believe the teams of bounty projects also will have a new idea to develop their signature campaign in another way soon.

I also agree with you, however this will also make the member try to find the point that more writing, which inevitably spam post. I do not participate in signatures, but there are lots of projects requiring Jr member rank upwards. Many new things will also arise inconsistencies. Hope the teams of bounty projects also will have a new idea to develop their signature campaign and reduce the requirement to join bounty program in another way soon.
Hanbok

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:29:17 PM

What's your idea ?

This behavior of the administrator is very reasonable.

The newbie can also rank easily with a merit. If you want to change, the bounty signature campaign must change, for example, the full member requirement
cubo444

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:36:30 PM

What's your idea ?

I fully agree with the bitcointalk new rules on merit points, which will contribute to limiting the spread of spam, contributing to the value of bounty projects. Newbies will try to contribute more value to the forum so that they can receive merit points
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:39:42 PM

With bitcointalk's new policy it's hard to rank Jr
@bones261 help me
Please! Help me have a merit! Thanks @bones261

Oh dear. Two people begging for merits. Not looking so good for both of you..

Archived: https://archive.fo/UTg4r

@coinwcx1 Hard to rank what? you're not even trying. Most if not all of your post history are for bounties.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
phillipsgate

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 03:55:32 PM

We join here not only for bounty hunter, but we can also learn a lot such as knowledge about technology, politic,... This is such as a big house with many people from other countries and we hope that we can study together to make the group bigger and say no with scam and farm account. Don't afraid of difficulties just adapt it and we can grow up.
toanhang2000

Activity: 307

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:57:49 PM

I came to this forum to communicate, gather information and make money. I found the Forum very good works. Bring great benefits to the community, Bring me income. I make money from and I use Bitcoin Bitcointalk to make the bonus campaign as signature campaigns, media .But I see a lot of people who are trying to forge to a scam. I look forward to the Forum resolved to have a team project to filter scams.I'm a new Member and I'd be having a higher rank any more to contribute to our forums. Thanks
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:14:59 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 05:08:18 PM by rhomelmabini
Merited by Continuous (1)

I do like the idea of the administration in this forum. But how can we assure that we can eliminate spamming of posts? A 1 merit can be generated by multi accounts or I guess a selling of merits will be the worst case scenario. The dark side will come out and I guess that's the possibility. I am waiting some new posts on reputation section with this. Just being optimistic.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:26:34 PM

If the campaign managers know that Jr. Members are a known spammers then they could easily not include Jr. Members as part of their campaign, they can even move it up to members if they want too as 10 merits is also achievable fast. If spam really persists in these ranks then I am sure that they will later on be tag from spamming the forum, it really relies heavily on the campaign managers who are accepting this members who are spamming in order to fill up their campaigns, if they properly screen the participants then we won't have this kind of problem.
sue1710

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:34:29 PM

If the campaign managers know that Jr. Members are a known spammers then they could easily not include Jr. Members as part of their campaign, they can even move it up to members if they want too as 10 merits is also achievable fast. If spam really persists in these ranks then I am sure that they will later on be tag from spamming the forum, it really relies heavily on the campaign managers who are accepting this members who are spamming in order to fill up their campaigns, if they properly screen the participants then we won't have this kind of problem.

Many people are spamming in order to fill up their campaigns. They don't understand that the meaning of marketing for a compaign is to enhance the real value of it to the community, not spamming by a range of unquatified posts and comments.
nguyenthachthuat

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:38:01 PM

Thank you for your support. It is difficult to return to the original position for all. I hope your help will help the community to develop further.
I make money from and I use Bitcoin Bitcointalk to make the bonus campaign as signature campaigns, media .But I see a lot of people who are trying to forge to a scam. I look forward to the Forum resolved to have a team project to filter scams.I'm a new Member and I'd be having a higher rank any more to contribute to our forums. Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: