Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:52:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lemonade out of lemons (how merit system can helps newbies)  (Read 174 times)
goshay97 (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:15:57 PM
Merited by Cyrus (1)

I feel as though this new merit ranking decision by not allowing a jr member status without a merit is actually a blessing in disguise for newbies and jr members.  I honestly think the jr member should be required to have more than 1 merit (possibly 3) but that's my opinion.

Most of the signature bounties are filled with Jr Members.  Once those jr. member spam accounts are eliminated the signature bounties will be pretty empty leaving a huge pot of treasure for the remaining hunters.  This means that instead of freaking out and complaining on this new rule spend some time creating amazing posts that are beneficial to the community and you will have a real shot at getting a nice share of the signature bounties you compete in as all the fake competition you have been dealing with will simply be gone.  I'm starting to see the good side of the merit system after being a hater.  This new rule (even though it screws me over) is actually motivating as I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I also see a lot of post complain about fairness.  Not sure if this is a cultural thing or not but there is no rule or law that says this must be fair.  This is a private site and can be run however the owners wish. You guys complaining about fairness are out of line.  There are many other sites so if you feel you are being treated unfairly then the correct move is to simply leave. 

In the end if more time is spend quality posting I believe your merit situation will solve itself.  Also remember with the new rule a single merit can be a huge deal so spending more time on quality posting vs spamming should create a nice payoff. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1119

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:25:14 PM

<...>

In the end if more time is spend quality posting I believe your merit situation will solve itself.  Also remember with the new rule a single merit can be a huge deal so spending more time on quality posting vs spamming should create a nice payoff. 

this is definitely a must.
the creation of the merit system also made me go and explore more the other sessions of bitcointalk, Meta and serious discussion for example, where I never went,
as well as to come to begginers section more often to try to help.

And figuring out how to add value to the forum sharing good information and tools that can make people's life better.

I still don't see it reflected on my merits earned that much, but I think it may be a matter of time.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████