Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam reduction mechanism  (Read 100 times)
Ayomiqueen (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

With the new rules on merit and getting rank to Jr member, which has been the major discussion for hours now since @theymos applied the rules.

I think the major issue that cause the spamming of a thing is bounty, cause many are just posting to meet up with the bounty requirements which also apply to other ranks not just Jr member but every body believe the spammers are majorly the Jr member.

I will like mods to apply something like clean up spam post by deleting any kind of post found not good enough to a thread or topic not giving any good point once, so that the person will know his post are not good for any activity to be reward or if that might be abuse by self interest , it can also be award activity base on the good post and every rank must have a daily limit , like 2-3 for newbies, 3-4 for Jr member and increase base on the rank and if you post useless post all through there won't be activity for you and it will all be deleted at the end of the week , so I think with this measure the forum will be more free of spam because if a Jr member has 7_10 post per week and in his bounty requirements is 8posts and 8activity every week he will be serious on making sure he has what it takes to post great post .

So with the measure stated above the rank will now based on no of activities which can even be more high to what we have before and once you reach certain activity there will be a merit for you to rank up to next level .

I think this might help the forum if something like this is introduce because there are many good post out there that did not see the light of merit and also many Jr member that was demoted but never in any of their post spam or write unqualify post but was because some Jr member do post rubbish affected too , it will be a good thing if there is a mechanism to do something like what I mentioned to reframe the forum and curb the spammers.

Thank you .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: