Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eventually newbie are in meta. It's time to change posting behaviour for newbie.  (Read 265 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2179

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 04:02:56 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 05:33:39 PM by Coolcryptovator

Eventually newbie are in meta board due to Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements . Usually we can't see newbie on this board and never contribute something. However I want to give special thanks to theymos for implement new rules. During long time we was asked for it. We can see many post on meta that most of people especially newbie aren't satisfied. But I can't see anything wrong for good poster as well theymos added more 36 merit source.
There are 120 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 23045 sMerit per 30 days

I believe that's enough for handle current situation. I want to say to newbie, don't be panic. Use your time to contribute your best for forum instead of made accusation. It's time to change your posting behaviour. Concentrate to your work how you can help forum. It will be better for you and also for forum.

On the other hand I would like to request merit sources and smerit holders to spend your merit to help newbie (except one line spammers) on current situation. Obviously there are few users that deserve 1 merit by the way. Merit source should be little bit soft for newbie (except one liner or spammer). Rules are implement to build decent forum not to make disappointed people's.

Personally I am wondering to help some if newbie except spammer. Also I would like to request whoever still now never spend initial smerit, it's time to help forum now. Hold smerit will not bear any benefits for you, but it can help many people's.

Edit : I have a post to dedicated newbie. May be it will help you a little bit. Newbie ! Don't be upset, here is few guidelines can improve your rank

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:22:04 PM

Eventually newbie are in meta board due to Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements . Usually we can't see newbie on this board and never contribute something. However I want to give special thanks to theymos for implement new rules. During long time we was asked for it. We can see many post on meta that most of people especially newbie aren't satisfied. But I can't see anything wrong for good poster as well theymos added more 36 merit source.
There are 120 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 23045 sMerit per 30 days

I believe that's enough for handle current situation. I want to say to newbie, don't be panic. Use your time to contribute your best for forum instead of made accusation. It's time to change your posting behaviour. Concentrate to your work how you can help forum. It will be better for you and also for forum.

On the other hand I would like to request merit sources and smerit holders to spend your merit to help newbie (except one line spammers) on current situation. Obviously there are few users that deserve 1 merit by the way. Merit source should be little bit soft for newbie (except one liner or spammer). Rules are implement to build decent forum not to make disappointed people's.

Personally I am wondering to help some if newbie except spammer. Also I would like to request whoever still now never spend initial smerit, it's time to help forum now. Hold smerit will not bear any benefits for you, but it can help many people's.

Your post will be well appreciated by grieving users (like me) who just lost their ranks.

I read a lot of threads with different opinions and sentiments and find the new system reasonable. It's a pain in the ass but understandable.

I'm a bounty hunter too and english is not my 1st language but I'm trying to sweat my brains out just to give good quality posts.

Seen a lot of disappointed users too, don't give up. We're like fat people hitting the gym, trying to be shape and healthy. Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
diedvw96

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:39:13 PM

With the new 36 sources of merit, I think it will not be so difficult to get merit, I have always tried to maintain the quality of my post, but there are pretty good bounties that ask for too many posts and that increase the chance of making a low quality one, it is also something that can be reviewed. Local boards I think can be improved too, like allocating a weekly resource of merit there for quality posters.
smil3y7

Activity: 174
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 04:47:38 PM

That's very nice of you Coolcryptovator (and no, I'm not fishing for merit; to be honest, I care less and less about all of this since I've lost way too much of my nerves here already anyway). There's a lot of frowning going on here today (and also begging on the other hand which I find quite entertaining myself even though I was affected too). Makes me wonder how some would feel if the glove was on the other hand... Anyways - cheers!
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:52:28 PM

This is the newbie craze on Meta section now. Wondering what's the ruckus?. Signature spammers will be in panic.
gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:53:49 PM

With the new 36 sources of merit, I think it will not be so difficult to get merit, I have always tried to maintain the quality of my post, but there are pretty good bounties that ask for too many posts and that increase the chance of making a low quality one, it is also something that can be reviewed. Local boards I think can be improved too, like allocating a weekly resource of merit there for quality posters.
I feel the same with you, but let's think positively. There is no point in complaining, we better use the time to find something more useful. The new rules can change our mindset to a better direction and can indirectly support higher quality forums.
sakrosak

Activity: 120

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

there is nothing we can do except try and keep trying to make posts that can help others, but the purpose of the discussion here is not to look for merit or money but to exchange ideas. This new rule forces newbie to make quality posts, and this will reduce spamer in this forum.
I really appreciate this thread, if I have enough merit maybe I will give it to you. oh no, maybe I'll give it to the newbie  Grin
duythan1988
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:07:34 PM

Eventually newbie are in meta board due to Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements . Usually we can't see newbie on this board and never contribute something.
Looks like you're right. Even though my job is primarily a bounty hunter, rankings do affect my work. This new merit system made me have to read more before posting something on the forum. Maybe now I will be unhappy because my rank is down, but surely it will be much better later.
minhquang3869

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:54:16 PM

Maybe the bonus for my signature campaign was canceled. I have been waiting for it for 6 months to participate and now look like nonsense. The things I do, my autographs are gone and I've never seen anything worse than this.  Cry Cry Cry
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:08:11 PM

Maybe the bonus for my signature campaign was canceled. I have been waiting for it for 6 months to participate and now look like nonsense. The things I do, my autographs are gone and I've never seen anything worse than this.  Cry Cry Cry

If you had read theymos post about the new rule you would know that theymos has saved a backup of all the signatures which have been removed to Newbies, so that the Bounty managers can access them on request. So now stop whining and do your best to save your work.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
smil3y7

Activity: 174
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 06:12:52 PM

This is the newbie craze on Meta section now. Wondering what's the ruckus?. Signature spammers will be in panic.

Yep, must be newbie craze. Grin I wonder what will happen after a while when the management figures out that 1 merit requirement for Jr Member is too low and decide to increase it to say 4, 5 or even 10...  Wink Grin
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:53:42 PM

Yep, must be newbie craze. Grin I wonder what will happen after a while when the management figures out that 1 merit requirement for Jr Member is too low and decide to increase it to say 4, 5 or even 10...  Wink Grin
Just you wait, it will be worst to the likes of you. Posting just twitter and facebook reports and some proof of authenticity.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3677

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 04:28:31 PM

Maybe the bonus for my signature campaign was canceled. I have been waiting for it for six months to participate and now look like nonsense. The things I do, my autographs are gone, and I've never seen anything worse than this.  Cry Cry Cry
Someone used the wrong account.  Cheesy  How many accounts do you have?
In general, you have not been here less than three months, and it is not a long time you can leave.
How much profit from that campaign? Life changes you can find better opportunities.
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:10:47 PM

Mostly low ranked members are sometimes afraid to comment on other section of the forum where high rank members are mostly seen for the fear of been banned, so we feel more comfortable to comment on sections like off-topic, altcoin discussion where you will see people of same rank with you. 

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: