Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:06:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of trader are you? Active? HODLer? Somewhere in between? Why?  (Read 398 times)
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:29:52 PM

Interested in peoples' trading styles now that we've been in a bear market for a while. Do you still believe in HODLing to another all time high? Or are you looking for other ways to make $$ during the market downturn?
I was actually a day trader, but since it is bear market, and its hard for me to predict what will happen next in the market, for now, I do long term trading and holding. its much safer than day trading. day trading has a high risk which I can have more losses than earning a profit.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Yramesor0

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:36:32 PM

I am a long-time holder because I have my regular job. I usually do my crypto jobs right after my regular hours or during my break time so I don't have much time to do day trading.
Trollinator

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

I would say that I’m a proponent of holding. Know a lot of people who have taken advantage of dips and pumps to increase their bags successfully. However, that’s too much stress for me, so I HODL.
strongman8

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:00:56 AM

Interested in peoples' trading styles now that we've been in a bear market for a while. Do you still believe in HODLing to another all time high? Or are you looking for other ways to make $$ during the market downturn?

I am doing a type of arbitrage between my top 5 coins.  As one spikes (they do these 10-30% spikes from time to time) I sell it for the one that is down the most.  If I have one that crashes down then I sell my higher performer and buy the one that just took the hit.  This has been working out very good.  I just pulled it off with Cindicator and Neblio.  Sold Cindicator for Neblio on the huge Cindicator spike. 

I I believe firmly in my coins which gives me confidence to buy when one is going down.  If any fundamentals change I will bail on that coin and kick it out of the group. 
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:29:48 AM

I was actually a day trader, but since it is bear market, and its hard for me to predict what will happen next in the market, for now, I do long term trading and holding. its much safer than day trading. day trading has a high risk which I can have more losses than earning a profit.
Just try to create a combination between the daily trade and long-term trade. the market can't be predicted and we will be so difficult to choose or take the best decision to enter the bottom rate. Anytime crypto has been touching its new bottom rate and it could become a very difficult thing to analyze about how long it will go to the bottom. So far a lot of people are still confused about this market
vuluong1995
Copper Member

Activity: 266

[img]https://imgur.com/hLY2i9c[/img]

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:38:52 AM

Current I see now people are becoming holder reluctantly. Because they bought at high price and can not sell, sell off, they would should they will hold. But I think instead of holder they should learn knowledge about trade to start trading increase the number of coin, tokens that they are holding data. The at downtrend such as this still there are waves when we can still rely on it that make a profit from the amount of money that we are.

S.E.D.O.
Document management system based on blockchain
WHITEPAPER | ANN | WEB | DISCORD | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM
|
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:56:15 AM

At this moment I prefer to trying to be active trader, cause IMO nowadays become hodler are just a little bit risky. We don't know what happen with the market at the near future, thats why I prefer to be daily trader. To be honest I feel more comfortable to cut lost my holding investment & reinvest again in short term.
boolog
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:58:57 AM

i am only a hodler. trading is not my thing and i only made losses through trading. that's why i limit myself to hodler and believe that is the best solution for me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
polyballz

Activity: 454

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:01:54 AM

Trade is a way to make a profit by involving a lot of capital, so for now I'm trying to refrain from trading because it's roulette and the possibility of guessing is very small. but sometimes when the market goes down strongly, I try to make money from it and often it turns out it's not too bad.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:07:45 PM

active and i use binance to trade 4h timeframes. if you set aggressive limit orders during low volume periods a lot of the time you can catch the momentum of big swings. mostly stay away from non-top 50 tokens though
Same with you, I also actively trade every day.
I have seen a lot of new coins at Binance and my experience has long been at Bittrex.
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:12:04 PM

Holding is still my strategy for long term view on my bitcoin investment. The interesting part of market situation.for me is that what I am doing in bear market will be the exact same thing I'll be doing in bullish market also.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:15:48 PM

I trade occasionally, like once a week or every other day depending on the price. I'm not particularly sure how I classify. Maybe you could call this swing trading. My reason being, prices are much easier to differentiate with long time intervals of trade.

elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:29:12 PM

Just try to create a combination between the daily trade and long-term trade. the market can't be predicted and we will be so difficult to choose or take the best decision to enter the bottom rate. Anytime crypto has been touching its new bottom rate and it could become a very difficult thing to analyze about how long it will go to the bottom. So far a lot of people are still confused about this market

Definitely, it is not so easy as we think. We have huge difference between day trading and long-term investment. The price vary everyday in daily trading where as in long-term you have lot of time and patience and you be benefited for sure. Yes hodl is the best plan in cryptocurrency as money Matters at the end of the day.

Am I spamming? Report me!
ambeo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:30:26 PM

isn't it better to buy while the prices are low in order to sell afterwards, when the market is normal again? holding may play a trick on you, especially if you're touchy about your money Wink

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:48:50 PM

I am not into day trading. I am more into accumulating undervalued coins or tokens, hodl, wait for my target price then sell at a sweet profit.
elenka n

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:53:58 PM

Trading does not always justify itself, so I prefer Hodl, it seems to me that soon the market will go up, so you need to keep the maximum number of coins!
bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:54:34 PM

I'm mostly just a holder.  Trading takes a lot of time and research if you want to succeed in it.  I'd rather do the low effort low risk thing and simply hold for a long time.
BTCHadzija

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:55:08 PM

Swing trader, I look for opportunites and take them when they present themselves. That means sometimes 5 trades a day and sometimes no trades for a week
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 06:56:40 AM

hold still would be a way that is promising and even safe in getting long term profit. but daily trading especially is also a good way to do so that at least can always get lucky in the market conditions like today. at least this will give you a fairly good thing in markets that are always up and down slowly. too pity if just waiting for the result of holding that long only because the crypto. so maybe keep and also while trade will generate better profit.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:04:01 AM

I'm holder because i'm not good at trading. In the bear market it is hard to make profit with trading even for expert traders. Best thing we can do now is hold.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: