Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:59:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the crypto market oversaturated?  (Read 126 times)
Gabb (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:57:58 PM

In my opinion, the market is still too small to accommodat the great number of cryptocurrencies that we are seeing these days, many of which emerged without a truly innovative or necessary idea, but with the sole purpose of taking a slice of the cake that meant the crypto boom in December of last year.

But I think the critical moments that the market has faced in recent months will serve to purge the market and allow only serious projects to survive this bloodbath.

What's your opinion about it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:01:43 PM

I sort of agree with you that the market has way too many tokens coins and people are in for a spoil. With so many lying around there is no that of a clear way what's good and what's not.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:07:04 AM

true to what you say, and I think in this way we can see coins that are serious and good coins in the future and that is the advantage of all this.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:11:05 AM

In my opinion, the market is still too small to accommodat the great number of cryptocurrencies that we are seeing these days, many of which emerged without a truly innovative or necessary idea, but with the sole purpose of taking a slice of the cake that meant the crypto boom in December of last year.

But I think the critical moments that the market has faced in recent months will serve to purge the market and allow only serious projects to survive this bloodbath.

There was so much hype that people were willing to fork over significant chunks of bitcoin to people in Discord and Telegram chatrooms without making sure it was  a good investment.  It's kind of hard to foster innovation when people speculate on a coin that just hit the market and might explode versus investing in crypto because you believe in the project.  I think as time goes on people will get smarter with their money and the more innovative coins will do well.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:29:00 AM

I would say the the market is really over saturated because of the constant price dips that is happening in the majority of the year. One indicator of it is n the last weeks of July to the first week of August where bitcoin gain a little momentum but the prices of altcoins dipped greatly which also happened in reverse, this I think is an example that the market is saturated because there is no new players/investors that puts money in.
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:02:39 AM

I think in order for the market to clear, we need a much deeper depression than we see now. At the moment, there is simply a global market downtrend, perhaps before a global growth ...
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:05:25 AM

I don't think it is oversatured. Marketcap is currently around 200ish billion usd. Which is nothing and very tiny compared to other markets. Crypto market will eventually reach trillions.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:58:14 AM

there is no bloodbath, there is no purge. it is just pump and dumps and it has never killed any coin so far. the coins die on their own when they become over used by the pumpers and when the pumpers decide to move to newer coins for their big pumps. even then these coins may not die as they start moving to smaller exchanges  and get big pumps there out of nowhere!

the market may be overflowing with coins but there still room to grow more since there are billions of people in the world and all of them want to make easy money and creating a useless altcoin is so easy these days. it doesn't even cost that much to create one in some cases.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:52:36 AM

I don't think it's a problem of saturation. It's true that there are many coins, but the main problem is that nobody wants to buy anything because we still don't know if the bear market has reached the bottom or not. The market sentiment is bad and that makes many people stay away from the market or take refuge in bitcoin. Until the direction of the market changes, we will not really know to what extent it's saturated or not.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:58:39 AM

no saturation. Just manipulation and DEAD.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Karina 3340

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:04:27 AM

I do not think so. After all, with the advent of a new crypto currency. Just disappears and one that does not cope with the conditions of the crypto currency market. I'm more concerned that there were more scammers than before.
sarasofrup

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:04:07 AM

Nope , it isn't. As a matter of fact, I think that the number of people we have now in the industry is way too small as compared to what we really need to have. i don't think that the market condition has gotten that level where we begin to feel or think that it is saturated, talk more of being oversaturated. We still have a long way to go to reach that.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:58:59 AM

I think that this is a normal process for the crypto-currency market. Coins and tokens should be too much for the market to then filter them and leave the most worthy. I think that there are not too many different coins and tokens. Without the appearance of meaningless and useless coins on the market, we still can not do without, since all those who wish to do so have been admitted to the process of their creation, and this is an opportunity to receive very large sums of money. At the same time, investors learn from others and their mistakes, it should be so, and this is how a mature crypto-currency market should be formed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: