Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My 120 Days In Bounty Hunting & What I have Learnt  (Read 24088 times)
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:57:39 PM

The last 4 months have not been profitable at all, everyone is extending the deadlines and no-one is paying out their tokens. It's even hard to tell if they have been scams or just failed projects, need to be a lot more selective in future
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:59:55 PM

3. In-Dept Trading: Before joining I will say I have been able to trade in few cryptocurrency trading platform. Bounty have opened my eyes to numerous trading platform that I haven’t used before now.

I can't even count the number of exchanges i already have accounts. Bounty is truly an eye opener, most especially for those coming newly into crypto. The first trading i did was because of my involvement in bounty.
The writeup is a comprehensive and self explanatory one.
hotimbineh

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:00:06 PM

I didnt enjoy the last 120 days as much i did last year. It has become overcrowded and ico projects are not so interesting today. Many have failed to deliver on roadmap, and many are not even on any exchange. It is tough times for bounty hunters.
Yes this is true, the number of hunters keep increasing on daily basis. But the good thing is you already have an edge over other participants who just started Bounty and therefore you will still get your maximum rewards because of the experience, knowledge and probably your rank over others. For hunters to earn well this day we have to do extra activities and put in more effort.  Cool
more and more new members in this forum and 90% of them did come to become bounty hunters and maybe 10% of them came to be part of cryptocureency development and as ICO investors, and more and more people participating in this forum showed the development of the world in gital is expanding and maybe in the next 5 years we will see forum members will increase by 60% from now

Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:00:20 PM

Sometimes I faced situation when I had to pay in order to get tokens, something like transaction fee, but I try to skip such bounties and don't pay in any case, because it looks like scam!
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:02:28 PM

It's quite lengthy but it's a meaningful post, I will have to commend you for the effort you put together to create this post, your post will help a lot of newbies to understand more about bounty programs. I will still come back to merit you for the post when i have another smerit to send
Matteo.b

Activity: 356

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:32:00 PM

It is so meaningful thoughs, they are inspired what you did i. Just 4 months being busy in this world you have more experienced. Share all the data as guidelines in make a path for better participants.
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:37:46 PM

ooh, thanks for these reflections, I already knew most of those for the time of experience I have in this space but they are quite interesting observations for people who are beginning to make bounties, and also for some more experienced as me who forgets the basics sometimes, congratulations!
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:01:24 PM

The last 4 months have not been profitable at all, everyone is extending the deadlines and no-one is paying out their tokens. It's even hard to tell if they have been scams or just failed projects, need to be a lot more selective in future
It might be true but you have to be patient enough because your time will come and also persevere and don't ever think of quitting it you really want to know what crypto can offer to your life.
capableuwa1 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:15:32 AM

This post is very inspiring for newbie bounty hunters like me. I have never gained anything yet on my wallet since the first time I have joined bounties and I am patiently waiting because I know that it will be worth the wait even though some of my bounties turned into scam.
Yes the number of bounty projects that are scam are much and the legit ones will even stress you before you get your rewards. But the truth is Perseverance And Consistency as it is one of the things that keeps me going to strive for the best all the time. And i hope some days you will start receiving your reward as the reward for hard work is more work  Cool
dukrat

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:32:44 PM

The work of bounty hu­nter can be divided i­nto three main stages­.
1. Selection of the c­ompany to participate­.
2. The actual partici­pation in the company­ bounty.
3. Receipt of earned ­funds and realization­ thereof.
Although the time of ­2nd stage usually tak­es the most time, the­ 3rd stage often exha­usts much more. Here,­ patience and perseve­rance are in full for­ce.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:07:29 PM

When deciding which bounty to participate it depends on the rank you have and and on  the allocation split as well.
For example if a Jr member get 1 stake in signature campaign and the Legendary 20 this split favoring the higher ranks
and most probably lot of them join. Contrary , if a Jr member get 1 stake and a legendary only 5  stakes than in
that campaign most probably lot of lower ranks join. Depending on our ranks we can see which campaign is
more beneficial for us to join.

capableuwa1 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:59:22 PM

When deciding which bounty to participate it depends on the rank you have and and on  the allocation split as well.
For example if a Jr member get 1 stake in signature campaign and the Legendary 20 this split favoring the higher ranks
and most probably lot of them join. Contrary , if a Jr member get 1 stake and a legendary only 5  stakes than in
that campaign most probably lot of lower ranks join. Depending on our ranks we can see which campaign is
more beneficial for us to join.
Yes this is absolutely correct as higher ranking members tends to get more stakes compare to lower ranking members. That's the beauty and most interesting thing I have come to realize in signature campaigns. Yes credits have to be given to higher ranking members and I expect those that ain't there yet to work hard also.
rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:03:09 PM

Since April I have not received any episodes from the campaigns I participated in. Down market has made the bounty is not like before and the duration of the campaign lasted. Some campaigns last 6-7 months and need 2-3 months to be distributed to bounty hunters. It's crazy to take 10 months to get a small amount from the bounty

DominickA86

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:06:49 PM

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion! I hope the situation will change in the future and we will have even more great bounty programms, where the hunters will be available to get a lot of great and perspective coins.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:20:40 PM

Bounty is a way to invest and get the altcoin that you think has the opportunity to grow without investing your money directly (Bounty time is also money, but you can use your free time)
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:21:28 PM

Wow this is beautiful and highly informative especially for new bounty hunters .This is a detailed information they in order to get it right in bounty hunting and get something tangible out of it.
Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:42:53 PM

It seems you described what was in my head. The first thing we get here is experience and knowledge, which is important. Patience is usually silent. Bountists are the most patient people. They are willing to wait for the awards for a long time, and if any campaign will not pay, they will proudly go forward, regardless of deception.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:45:27 PM

To be honest, it seems to me that today there is a very high probability of really getting nothing, because today there are a lot of projects that already know that they will not pay anything, this is a version of scammers that work in the bounty.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:53:32 PM

Today Marked My 120 days as a bounty hunter and during this period I have gained more experience and knowledge in cryptocurrency as participating in bounty programs gave me additional exposure to the latest happenings around the crypto space. So I decided to drop few things i have learnt and also provide answers to some of the most frequent questions asked.

The Few Things I Have Learnt In The Last 120 Days
During the past 120 days, I have learnt the following from participating in different bounty programs :>
1. Patience: Participating in bounty program have taught me how to exercise patience. I have come to know that whenever they announce that they are going to distribute on a specified date just don’t expect it that day so you won’t be disappointed. Wait for them to carefully distribute your reward directly to your wallets.
2. Effective Time Management: This is one of the most important factor in bounty programs and I have seen many work got rejected because of late submission. Rule is rule and it must be obey irrespective of individual participating.
3. In-Dept Trading: Before joining I will say I have been able to trade in few cryptocurrency trading platform. Bounty have opened my eyes to numerous trading platform that I haven’t used before now.
4. Perseverance And Consistency: This keeps me going to strive for the best all the time. It is true that hunters are at the mercy of Bounty Manger Mangers and the Project team when it comes to distribution of rewards.

What Bounty Is?
Bounties are extraordinary program set aside to create awareness for the development of cryptocurrency projects and such programs usually end up rewarding participants that participated during the program. Another thing you should know is that there is always a specific time set aside for any bounty program, it can be 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks and more many depending on the Project and the number of participants that sign up for it.  With this I have been able to classify Bounty into two, which are the specified and unspecified Bounty.
For Specified Bounty, there is always a specific time for such programs to end except otherwise stated. While the Unspecified Bounty end as soon as ICO ends. So it is important for bounty hunters to note the difference especially when choosing a bounty program to participate in.

Who Are Bounty Hunters?
These are some set of individuals that participates in bounty program. In addition, hunters are those set of persons who have little or no knowledge but have already made up their mind to agree to the terms and conditions of any bounty program they chose to participate in. Hence they are the Marketers that deploy their tools to create awareness for cryptocurrency projects.

Who Is A Bounty Manager?
Bounty Manager oversee the well-being of Bounty Program. They launches the program, set rules and effectively manage the bounty program. He or She as the case maybe are the ones hunters report to and are also responsible for awarding stakes. A Bounty manager can also be called; a Campaign Manager. Let me not forget to say that Bounty Manager are experience and it is difficult for hunters to trick them because they have seen it all and knows what it takes to embark in bounty. For Good Bounty Manager, check here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085997.0 Also there are some platforms that launched good bounty programs and in this platforms you don’t need to submit your reports as it will be tracked automatically, such platforms are: BountyHive, Bounty0X, Bountyplatform to mention a few.

What Are Campaigns?
Campaigns are Subset of Bounty. In Bounty Programs, there are different types of campaigns these are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Telegram which can be classified as Social media campaign and lately some Bounty Manager have started Classifying Reddit and LinkedIn Social as Social Media campaigns. We also have Translation, Signature, Content Creation (Articles/Blog and Videos) and Reddit Campaign.

What Stakes Is?
These are deploy tools used by bounty managers in rewarding bounty hunters before carrying out extensive calculations based on token. The beauty about stakes is that it is directly proportional to the number of tokens you will receive. So the higher your stakes, the higher your tokens.

Few Things You Need To Check Before Jumping In Any Campaign
1. Carry out extensive research on the background of the projects, check for the authenticity of the team members and advisors.
2. If it is an ICO project, check if they have reached Softcap at least you might get your reward. So I believe you might have decided after checking out those all but important things.
3. Now on the Bounty itself, make sure you read and understand the General rules and regulations of the Bounty. Check the total allocation for the whole campaign to know how feasible it is.
4. Then decide the exact program you can embark on, Translation, Signature, Facebook, and Twitter, Articles/Blog/Video and others.
5. Follow the rules, report your activities according to the campaigns you participate in. You might be required to submit your activities via google form or through the Bitcointalk Bounty thread depending on the project. There are some Bounty that don’t allow participants to edit their already submitted activities while there are some that do not put that into consideration. These are part of the reason you need to read the rules as it will guide in getting your rewards at the end of the campaigns. I have heard and seen reports from different hunters on Telegram Bounty group complaining of not receiving rewards forgetting they refuse to follow the rules.

Do I Need To Pay Before Participating In Any Bounty Program?
No, you don’t pay but rather you are rewarded for participating. Note that rewards are only meant for those who follow the rules guiding the bounty program and also carry out the require task.

Which Campaign Is More Rewarding?
This is a difficult questions because of the number of hunters who get involved in Bounty Program this days. So what I do is after checking the total allocation, briefly I observe the spreadsheet to see where there are few participants. Trust me, Telegram, Twitter and Facebook always have highest number of participants and to earn big over there you will need to be that one participants with the highest number of Facebook friends and Twitter Followers. Also try as much as possible to start your activities from the beginning of the campaign that will give you an extra edge over others.
I think I will have to go with Translation----->>>Signature----->>>Articles/Blogs/Videos----->>>Reddit----->>>Facebook, Twitter----->>>Telegram campaigns. This order shows the highest to the least rewarding campaigns.

Why Have There Been Delays In Paying For Bounty Program Of Recent?
From what I have observed so far, I think most project are trying to protect their token from depreciating in value in this bearish market as almost all altcoins have experience this of recent. Also I will like all bounty participants to understand that as far as you participate in a genuine and sincere project, I think your reward will come but it is just a matter of time they will surely distribute this reward to those participants who carry out the right task and meet the rules of the bounty program.

In conclusion, I have learnt, enjoy and benefited from my last 120 days as a bounty hunter and I anticipates for more progress as my Journey continues.
Nice thread! I hope it will help others specially newbies to learn more about the situation in the market and functions in trading,bounty and some other key points in crypto-currency community. learn do's and dont's  because cryptocurrency is highly volatile investment and associated with risk! and everyone must apply extra precaution to avoid losses.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 03:56:43 PM

The most important thing that I think you have not mentioned yet is the moment. Choosing the time to join the bounty is also a must pay attention. In the context of the boring market today it seems that the bounty is no longer effective.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: