Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:15:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is waves mining(becoming a full node) a good idea?  (Read 250 times)
cryptochain_developer (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:10:13 AM

I've been thinking about becoming a waves full node which requires 3K waves.
once I checked out the leasing pool topics in waves forum I found out it's not really that efficient so I was wondering why should anyone become a waves node?
Is waves really decentralized? Huh
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

once I checked out the leasing pool topics in waves forum I found out it's not really that efficient so I was wondering why should anyone become a waves node?

Yes, Waves is really decentralized.
What does it mean "...why should anyone become a waves node"?
Well, probably because it's a real, existing product. Constantly developing.
And you wanted to become a millionaire in one day? Then the nodes are not for you.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:08:18 PM

3K WAVES is around $6300 at the current price, so not that much comparing with some other big crypto masternodes. Also it is more of an investment, if you belive in the project and that price will go up, your node could be worth few times more than now.

@ivaf
Do you know how much coins you can earn running full node, or maybe have any link to such info?
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:03:05 PM

3K WAVES is around $6300 at the current price, so not that much comparing with some other big crypto masternodes. Also it is more of an investment, if you belive in the project and that price will go up, your node could be worth few times more than now.

@ivaf
Do you know how much coins you can earn running full node, or maybe have any link to such info?

Oh sure. You can see the profitability here: http://dev.pywaves.org/generators/
In the column "Average Gen. Balance" shows the amount on the balance of the Full node, and in the column "Waves fees" - the approximate number of Waves, which this Full node receives for the mining per day. To run the mining now the minimum necessary balance of 1000 Waves.
Zerdali

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:45:11 PM

Hey. reliable Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Copper Member

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:48:59 PM

Yes, Waves is really decentralized.
What does it mean "...why should anyone become a waves node"?
Well, probably because it's a real, existing product. Constantly developing.
And you wanted to become a millionaire in one day? Then the nodes are not for you.
No of course I wasn't thinking about becoming a millionaire in one day. I just had this bad feeling about waves future ...
It's a great platform with a few simple mistakes which i think will cause them serious problems in early future.
Thanks for answering by the way.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:43:09 PM

@ivaf

In the column "Average Gen. Balance" shows the amount on the balance of the Full node, and in the column "Waves fees" - the approximate number of Waves, which this Full node receives for the mining per day. To run the mining now the minimum necessary balance of 1000 Waves.

Interesting information. Looks like running a waves validator with minimum balance of 1000 waves (over $2k) currently would only make ~$10/year.
Copper Member

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:51:39 PM

@ivaf

Interesting information. Looks like running a waves validator with minimum balance of 1000 waves (over $2k) currently would only make ~$10/year.
That's exactly what I was talking about!
Iranud

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 08:01:56 PM

What’s the whole stuff with mining?what coins can I mine? Can I mine every coin that decentralized?
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:41:10 AM

I have planned for doing master-node using Rasp-Pi. Seem like waves wouldn't on my list -JK  Cheesy

So, this is the answer to OP's question  Shocked

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: