Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:26:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you share or sell your data on the blockchain using DAG?  (Voting closed: September 23, 2018, 08:40:53 AM)
Yes - 6 (85.7%)
No - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FORBES] Can You Use Blockchain as a MarketPlace to Sell Your Own Data?  (Read 121 times)
ActAshton (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 7

Cobain of Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 08:40:53 AM

There are tons of marketplaces to sell data or intellectual property on the blockchain, but how effective is it, really? Would you sell/share your data on the blockchain or do it in a more "traditional" way? Let me know your thoughts!!!

"What if BTCusinesses, public bodies and even individuals could share all their data as widely as they wished, without worrying about it being stolen or altered? More to the point, they could sell it themselves.

That is the goal of one new start-up, CyberVein, who want to guarantee the integrity of data but using a faster proof of work concept most commonly used in digital currency.

With its blockchain-based system guaranteeing this link of shared data, CyberVein believes organizations that have so far been reluctant to share information can now be more confident in doing so.

Controlled sharing

Through a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) architecture - touted as Blockchain 3.0 - CyberVein has two functions, to protect and transfer user data while opening up a new platform for its potential sale.

For instance, it cites pharmaceutical companies and researchers into machine learning as just two examples of users who could benefit by sharing their data with others but who are also worried about potentially losing control over it.

In its White Paper, CyberVein believes that by using its system universities and research organizations would be “incentivized to perform collaborative research, maintain their heavy-duty datasets, and to make them publicly available”, while governments could be more transparent with the information they collect.

“Maintaining databases with qualities that are normally attributed to blockchains – meaning immutability, security, and transparency – makes enormous sense in a variety of industry, research and governance use cases,” says Arthur Yu, CyberVein founder who previously worked with J.P. Morgan in London and holds finance and computer science degrees from Imperial College there."

Read more from the Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ginaclarke/2018/09/17/how-to-use-blockchain-as-a-marketplace-to-sell-your-own-data/#5af1b8852a77
ActAshton (OP)

Cobain of Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 11:49:48 AM

I think i'd rather do everything like this on the blockchain as it will be recorded on some sort of ledger and can't be mutilated. Using acyclic graphs, we'd be able to transfer massive amounts of data for a cheaper cost and a smoother transaction. I vote YES  Grin
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:03:20 AM

Did you vote yes for this?

I think i'd rather do everything like this on the blockchain as it will be recorded on some sort of ledger and can't be mutilated. Using acyclic graphs, we'd be able to transfer massive amounts of data for a cheaper cost and a smoother transaction. I vote YES  Grin

I also choose yes for the same reason as yours.  Cool
ActAshton (OP)

Cobain of Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 11:32:22 AM

Did you vote yes for this?

I mean why not? It's more cost efficient and goes way faster. AND in the future i'm assuming it will be very organized as well. This is a good use case for a lot of different reasons
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:36:43 PM

I mean why not? It's more cost efficient and goes way faster. AND in the future i'm assuming it will be very organized as well. This is a good use case for a lot of different reasons

That's what everyone wants, right?
Don't forget about the most important part "to protect and transfer user data ......" I mean about the security, that's must be one of our consideration.

So, from what I've read. In the simple explanation, CyberVein is: (explained in this sentence)

"In the case of Bitcoin, the data items might be financial transactions. With CyberVein, they can be any kind of information."
Russmikh

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:55:40 PM

how to vote? i can't find any button to choose. i choose yes because this technology can implemented in the real life.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:31:11 PM

how to vote? i can't find any button to choose. i choose yes because this technology can implemented in the real life.

You can't vote because you are newbie. I agree with you my friend, blockchain for other function, I believe it can be implemented. I vote for yes
eightfigurebinance

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:06:44 AM

When it comes to data sharing, DAG is the obvious answer. These solutions were created for this exact reason and not only would I happily use it. I would trust it more than any "traditional" methods around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: