Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:13:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenSource DIY RIG for riserless Biostar TB250-BTC D+  (Read 343 times)
crypt0.zone (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:05:31 AM
Merited by FFI2013 (10), vmozara (10), suchmoon (4), dragonmike (3)

Hi!

We've wanted to share our project based on 20x20 extrusion profiles + 3d prints: Hackable DIY rig for  Biostar TB250-BTC D+

You need to buy 20x20 extrusions, few screws and nuts for them.

We've been using this project for about 1 month now with 8xRX570 and we're very happy how it's performance.

At link above you'll find tutorial how to build complete frame from scratch Smiley

We'll be happy to hear what you think about it!

Visit crypt0.zone/calculator/
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:15:16 AM

That's very cool, dude.
I've got a 6x Vega rig on an Onda D1800 board that is still sitting on its box, i.e. such a frame would've been perfect for me.

Now where did I put that 3D printer...

Cheesy
crypt0.zone (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:20:44 AM

@dragonmike thanks!

I don't where you're based but in some countries you could print all those things in ~$50 with recommended PETG, but still I would buy some cheap printer like Anycubic i3 mega Smiley

ONDA D1800 is about 10cm narrower so you'll end up with lot of free space but besides that it should fit without any problems.

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:58:54 PM

Hi!

We've wanted to share our project based on 20x20 extrusion profiles + 3d prints: Hackable DIY rig for  Biostar TB250-BTC D+

Since a gap between the cards is close enough, are that vertical card's position was giving some different on cards temperature? How if just put the cards on horizontal position and give a few fans in the backside (to throw a hot air) and a few fans on the front side to take up hot air, will it more efficient on the temperatures management?

Good work!
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:20:24 PM

This is amazing.  We need more posts like this one.  I wish I had merit to give out!
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:25:31 AM

This is amazing.  We need more posts like this one.  I wish I had merit to give out!
This ehow it should be, when I first joined BCT everyone wanted to help each other now its either someone trying to scam someone or fud and putting down other people's work but I'll merit this because it deserves it
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:53:11 AM

-
This ehow it should be, when I first joined BCT everyone wanted to help each other now its either someone trying to scam someone or fud and putting down other people's work but I'll merit this because it deserves it

Yeah, I felt it.
This kind of post wouldn't be interesting enough for users whose just coming here for trying to scam someone or spread the FUD, etc. This kind of post is for those that come here for discussion, getting more information, spread useful things, etc.
pushion

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:04:44 PM

Design looks fantastic, very smart design and so much thought into it.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:27:03 PM

How about the temp? it looks like your this setup is fine but how about the temp and performance?
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:28:58 PM

How about the temp? it looks like your this setup is fine but how about the temp and performance?

Great question, also curious about the sort of temperature rigs like this get.

But nevertheless, this is an amazing build right which makes good use of 3d printing. I would build one of these if only GPU mining was still profitable today. Maybe this could be a worthwhile project to come back to if ever GPU mining again becomes profitable.
Tigel

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:33:05 AM

Very nice!

With slight modifications it one should be able to build rig for ATX motherboard, I assume?
crypt0.zone (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 05:52:48 AM

Sorry for late replay.

Thanks for kind words!

So temps we've got are:

But it was taken about 1 month about when it was full summer here. Now temperatures at gpus are about 10C lower.
About putting this rig on back - I don't need to do it right now since temps at this moment are below 60C.

Yes, with slight modifications you should be able to use it with standard ATX.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: