Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:12:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEP-5 different from ERC-20?  (Read 97 times)
cryptobrzy (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 3

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:56:39 PM

Hello guys I am researching a project and it states that it is an Nep-5 token.
I am coming across this for the first time
Is this the same in any way with ERC-20 or what is the difference if there is one.

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
ziggy21

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:58:29 PM

To answer your question directly; no they are not the same.

For all I know, Nep-5 is to Neo Network what Erc20 is to Ethereum Network. Projects/Tokens on the Ethereum Network use erc20 while those on the Neo Network use Nep-5.

However, it's possible some universal wallets might be able to support both nep-5 and erc20.

You can try to search the  web for more information.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:25:11 PM

NEP5 is a cryptographic token standard used by the cryptocurrency NEO and It is used by trustless smart contracts on the NEO blockchain, Both of them is different platform, ERC-20 address can't store NEP5 tokens, you need to download official neo wallet (desktop, mobile, web or hardware wallet) to store NEP5 Tokens
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:38:26 PM

Hello guys I am researching a project and it states that it is an Nep-5 token.
I am coming across this for the first time
Is this the same in any way with ERC-20 or what is the difference if there is one.

I was going to agree on those two comments because upon seaching the NEP-5 is supported by Neo platform and technology while ERC-20 is ethereum platform in which the most in demand platform in every ico projects..so better prevent using one to other so there will no complications
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:11:49 PM

to put it simply Nep-5 is better technology. Erc-20 is old and has too many future problems now that there are so many people using it. nep-5 is designed for mass usability and higher speed in transfers.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: