Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:29:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XRP price leaps nearly 20%, leaves investors confused  (Read 561 times)
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:08:52 PM

We shouldn't talk about XRP in here...put it in the altcoin room or something.
hey man this is altcoin speculation, i think op have right to write about xrp here, something wrong with that?

This wasn't originally in the altcoin speculation room it was in the "Press" section which should be about Bitcoin. You're only seeing it here now because it was moved into this room.
I was about to type the same thing...

It’s been a good news week for XRP, and it’s creator Ripple, but a 20% spike in its value – and an accompanying explosion of volume – has left even its dedicated supporters confused as to what’s going on. Just after midday today (GMT+1, 7am EDT) the price of XRP began a sharp spike upward

Something fishy is definitely going on here and I suspect most likely XRP being pumped. I would not be confused though if I am hodling XRP as it will be a perfect opportunity to sell off for profit and wait for the price to fall before I buy back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vy99

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:13:47 PM

It’s been a good news week for XRP, and it’s creator Ripple, but a 20% spike in its value – and an accompanying explosion of volume – has left even its dedicated supporters confused as to what’s going on. Just after midday today (GMT+1, 7am EDT) the price of XRP began a sharp spike upward

Something fishy is definitely going on here and I suspect most likely XRP being pumped. I would not be confused though if I am hodling XRP as it will be a perfect opportunity to sell off for profit and wait for the price to fall before I buy back.

The problem is that if it is being artificially pumped (and I believe it is) then a crash will happen suddenly and seriously. It's probably better to cash out a bit early, before it reaches the top, than hold on for a few days too long and see it evaporate.

I'm not cool enough to have a fancy signature so you're stuck reading this
Coinredd

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:21:26 PM

once again, this is a great opportunity, so we have to rely on the kind of evidence we are investing in.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:52:22 PM

The problem is that if it is being artificially pumped (and I believe it is) then a crash will happen suddenly and seriously. It's probably better to cash out a bit early, before it reaches the top, than hold on for a few days too long and see it evaporate.

It's always best to do that because a top is so hard to call. This really reminds me of mid 2017 when XRP would have random pump and dumps between the 20-30 cents bracket. I suspect the same is happening now.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
sergey_vass

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:05:44 PM

I heard that this coin added YouTube as a form of payment, in the good times for the stock market growth would have been much more
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:36:59 AM

It's pumped now by 22.34%

That article you gave redirects the whole article to another website for the Read More.

What's with that?

I wouldn't be surprised if XRP would dump after this.
It is centralized, and this could have just been a manipulated pump for all I care, just saying! Sure, the volume really looks enticing and for me, I really do not consider XRP as a long term market to be in, but some market I would rather just do some short term trade and as long as it sings profit, no shit.

Investors rather than being confused though, should just be having a swell time accruing the profits as long as they know what they are doing. I wonder why some people believe so much in XRP to be investing long term, but all men surely knows what makes them tickle. People who follows only marketcap for choosing their investment opportunities, definitely will go for XRP as I do see there could be any other valid reasons for choosing XRP.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
esetop01tryba

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://www.empirehotels.io

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:00:01 PM

Now you need to be very careful and weigh the risk of losing money there and you are going to invest in Ripple as it is pure speculation that began because of the news background !

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:27:12 PM

It’s been a good news week for XRP, and it’s creator Ripple, but a 20% spike in its value – and an accompanying explosion of volume – has left even its dedicated supporters confused as to what’s going on. Just after midday today (GMT+1, 7am EDT) the price of XRP began a sharp spike upward […

Read the full article at:https://www.trackcoinmarket.com/en/crypto-news/28490/xrp-price-leaps-20-leaves-investors-confused

Well that 20% become almost 70% as Ripple’s market cap break the second spot as ethereum been dethroned by this one

I hate saying this but i am frustrated because of not having even a single XRP on my folios damn decisions.i hated this coin once as the banks manipulated this centralized coins
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:36:28 PM

It’s been a good news week for XRP, and it’s creator Ripple, but a 20% spike in its value – and an accompanying explosion of volume – has left even its dedicated supporters confused as to what’s going on. Just after midday today (GMT+1, 7am EDT) the price of XRP began a sharp spike upward […

Read the full article at:https://www.trackcoinmarket.com/en/crypto-news/28490/xrp-price-leaps-20-leaves-investors-confused

And almost as if on cue. The price of XRP again drops more than 20%.

I guess you really can't expect much of the market right now with all the speculation surrounding the manipulation behind crypto. It's like they say, the "wild west," where in one day you can easily double your money and at the next day lose it all.
yountt2

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:56:30 PM

Xrp can be manipulated easily  because it is centralized and guys with stash with funds could  make ripple rise while they suck in money from FOMO.  I will wait a little bit to see if there is any technical support for the Xrp price rise!

center]     K L I C K Z I E          by Tautachrome, Inc.     |     ✓ Open Network   ✓ Open Source   ✓ Decentralized   ✓ Auditable
-   Building trust with verifiable imagery for the new era   -     ►  TOKEN PRE-SALE LIVE
●          ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     GITHUB     ●     TELEGRAM     ●          ●[/center]
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:34:30 PM

I really do not see any reason why investors should be confused. XRP even though I have always have my skepticism about it as a result of its centralized nature, totally makes it susceptible to price pumps and dumps as well as it being controlled. Nevertheless, we got some news regarding the Xrapid program recently and some partnership of some sort which I am sure could have actually been one of the reasons why the volume and spike came about. Well, as long as it leads to profit, there is certainly nothing to be confused about here.
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:42:37 PM

Ripple couple days ago took over Ethereum in market capitalization. But I still have little confidence in XRP due to it's centralization. I have never obtained XRP and still have no desire to stack it. 
inmean

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:03:48 PM

That's great for those who already hold the XRP before, many are speculating for the XRP that it will raise the price to $ 1-2. But all is predictable, no one knows what will happen. It will rise or fall down, all just waiting.
whyrqa-1

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:20:33 PM

That's great for those who already hold the XRP before, many are speculating for the XRP that it will raise the price to $ 1-2. But all is predictable, no one knows what will happen. It will rise or fall down, all just waiting.
The fact is that I have repeatedly met information that certain circles of users of crypto-currencies, as well as the mobile mobile banking system, have an artificial effect on the pricing of this coin. Proceeding from this, it is necessary to draw certain conclusions.
Tomox

Activity: 95
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:08:29 AM

Because there are several factors that influence it, the technology is very powerful that can process up to 1,500 transactions per second, different from bitcoin, which is currently constrained by scalability problems. the whole world is very active in working with Ripple companies in mid-2017 yesterday talking about implementing the technology and their payment infrastructure makes it very easy to be trusted by other banks

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:18:26 AM

Before all of you Ripple buyers become very excited, you should read the news and see what occurred this week. XRP was pumped to hide the truth, I reckon. That truth is one of its original founders, Jed McCaleb has been selling more than the agreed amount from his billions held in XRP.

Maybe the better investment would be Stellar hehehe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ripple-co-founders-token-selloff-accelerates-1537788600

https://bitcoinist.com/ripple-mccaleb-xrp-sell-off-hot-air/

I am joking. I am not a Stellar holder, but an Aeon bagholder. Cry

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:59:50 AM

for me it is not surprising, because all of this is a pump and this increase will be temporary, see later the price will go down again. partnership with banks is always done ripple and maybe this is what triggers the increase in prices.

You're right that spike is just temporary, as Ripple price is down by 5.54% and its price is $0.493915 at the time of writing. Well, we can't blame banks for embracing Ripple cryptocurrency technology, they rapidly adopting it due to its speed. Using XRP, banks can provide their clients with liquidity. This can be done in real time and on demand! It also eliminates the need for any pre-funding. It is also being rapidly adopted by several payment providers. They are using XRP in order to reach new markets. With XRP, they are able to reduce the time required for payment settlement and lower the foreign exchange costs. Source: https://coinswitch.co

Hartmas

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:50:46 AM

And then fall by 15%, and now again we raise by 10%. I am tormented by vague doubts, and not whether it is a pump, even though this coin is centralized. In general, as I can already say, ripple is a trap for investors.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:09:59 AM

It was a big pump and some dump scheme. After such big pump, you should always expect a dump.
Coinseeker22

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:18:58 AM

Looks like another spike is loaded to happen this week. Speculation has it that today we should see a set back in value and it should fire uo by tomorrow, and should shoot up all the way by Saturday. If I remember correctly almost every the same pattern happened last week.

--- WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: