Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning crypto in universities  (Read 500 times)
Sicithdeve (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

http://www.securix.io/

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:25:41 PM
Merited by nerttor (1)

While everybody  is so unhappy about Ethereum, I think we can distract for a while as long as we can not change the situation, all we can do is wait. So let's wait with some usefulness. What do you think about the possibility of learning cryptocurrency world in the universities, in some financial departments, for instance? I think it is possible in the future as cryptocurrency is slowly becoming a huge part of our lives and it is silly to deny the fact that we will have to deal with crypto sooner or later. So why not to found some sort of cryptocurrency school at first and then we do can make a whole department in the university. What subjects would you like to teach or would you like to learn? Would such things be useful and popular amount young and middle aged students? Maybe even the aged will find the attention here, why not, usually they have a lot of time and pensions are not good enough I think.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ciidoctor

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:27:49 PM

While everybody  is so unhappy about Ethereum, I think we can distract for a while as long as we can not change the situation, all we can do is wait. So let's wait with some usefulness. What do you think about the possibility of learning cryptocurrency world in the universities, in some financial departments, for instance? I think it is possible in the future as cryptocurrency is slowly becoming a huge part of our lives and it is silly to deny the fact that we will have to deal with crypto sooner or later. So why not to found some sort of cryptocurrency school at first and then we do can make a whole department in the university. What subjects would you like to teach or would you like to learn? Would such things be useful and popular amount young and middle aged students? Maybe even the aged will find the attention here, why not, usually they have a lot of time and pensions are not good enough I think.
mate , there are already some universities provide some courses about the blockchain technology as it will dominate in future
Aiberg
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 4

CCECOIN

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:31:56 PM
Merited by stingers (1)

If we are being honest with ourselves, Ethereum co tributes to the widespread of Cryptocurrencies, it enabled more people know about it because if not for Ethereum, most ICOs would never exist and most people who joined crypto because of ICOs would not be here now.
But if I was opportunity to learn about Cryptocurrencies in a university, I would like to learn about Smart Contracts and how to build decentralised apps on Blockchains, this would be so cool.

✦ ───    CCECOIN   ─── ✦
✔   Decentralized & Transparent Peer to Peer Trading Ecosystem  ✔
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedInTelegramYouTube  ──────── ✦
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:40:52 PM

Crypto? I don't this is a good idea. Perhaps crypto good be a good discussions in economic class, like how supply and demands works for different market including crypto. But to give a separate subject just for crypto, I don't like that to happened. Simply because it might interest students to go lazy and totally dependent on crypto to make money. Of course there will be success for some of time, but I'm sure that majority will fall for the trap that crypto will make them self-made millionaires in short amount of time.

As for Blockchain Technology, it should be taught in school specially IT related courses. In fact a lot of universities in the US has already included in it their curriculum, AFAIK.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
nerttor

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:46:23 PM

Now, when studying at universities, it is important to separate cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. Blockchain technology is already interesting for many business structures and its popularity will increase. The crypto currency itself interests many people only for the sake of making a profit. But crypto-currency brokers also need training.
From other side. The next generation will perceive cryptocurrencies in the same way as we now perceive electronic payments in national currencies.  But it can happen faster, in the lifetime of our generation

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:54:02 PM

If they want to learn about crypto they should learn to be a developer and a trader. The course should include solidity, and javascript so they can build DAPPS. Other modules should include economics and business so they can learn how to make money on the exchanges

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:04:26 PM

Speaking of that, I recently read an article that prestigious universities such as Berkeley in California were teaching cryptos and finance courses, according to professors the enrollment was 300% higher than last year, that means that despite the bear market and the generalized FUD, the interest in young people in the blockchain and cryptos is growing exponentially, I think that's the best news I've seen this year.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 09:40:45 PM

mate , there are already some universities provide some courses about the blockchain technology as it will dominate in future

"Some" is a bit of understatement. There was already a discussion on 18% of students owning cryptocurrency, the same survey, commissioned by Coinbase, showed that 42% of the world's top 50 universities offered at least 1 blockchain related course.
See for reference:
https://blog.coinbase.com/the-rise-of-crypto-in-higher-education-81b648c2466f

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
CokeCoin

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:50:09 PM

I always feel shame when I see the vacancy of some university that requires a blockcain teacher. I'm like oh, I focus on cryptocurrencies too much but don't know blockchain good enough to teach

KocaEfe

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:38:09 PM

If we are being honest with ourselves, Ethereum co tributes to the widespread of Cryptocurrencies, it enabled more people know about it because if not for Ethereum, most ICOs would never exist and most people who joined crypto because of ICOs would not be here now.
But if I was opportunity to learn about Cryptocurrencies in a university, I would like to learn about Smart Contracts and how to build decentralised apps on Blockchains, this would be so cool.
I do not think you are right that thanks to Ethereum all Ico became known to everyone. And all the credit to him. I absolutely disagree. Thanks to the ICO, Ethereum became known to many. Due to the fact that the team led by Butorin created smart contacts on Ethereum, it became possible for anyone who wants to create their own coin. But it generated the dump in altcoins.
Education. I believe that universities and governments should work to create new personnel in the field of blockchain technology. This is our future, which should be formed today. I read on the Internet that American universities have already introduced such basic courses in the most famous colleges of the country. The turn of the other major countries.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:55:20 PM

Crypto? I don't this is a good idea. Perhaps crypto good be a good discussions in economic class, like how supply and demands works for different market including crypto. But to give a separate subject just for crypto, I don't like that to happened. Simply because it might interest students to go lazy and totally dependent on crypto to make money. Of course there will be success for some of time, but I'm sure that majority will fall for the trap that crypto will make them self-made millionaires in short amount of time.

As for Blockchain Technology, it should be taught in school specially IT related courses. In fact a lot of universities in the US has already included in it their curriculum, AFAIK.

Well what I think is that putting financial education first in secondary schools is a very promising idea as one of the leading cause of poverty is lack if knowledge about money and in it cryptocurrency subjects can be branched out which can help them widen their options for their future. I think what we should be focusing on the how can this technology along with existing options should help the younger generation while we find ways to have profits for our selves.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:10:20 PM

it would be great.. give crypto another 10 years then we will see special programs for the blockchian devolpment.. people are afraid of what they don't understand.. blockchain is far more powerfull than any softawre ever build it is not possible to alter the data in the blocks neither it can be hacked it can be widely used in financial market

kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:21:53 PM

Some universities have already introduced crypto based courses and degree programs in UK and some other countries, i hope soon all the major universities will introduce courses related to blockchain and cryptocurrencies.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
lebedi

Activity: 197
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:41:49 PM

It will be very useful and preferable today because crypto is growing so fast and I suppose that it is possible that the next generation will work in the major part of them.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

I'm usually one of those who thinks it's better for a newcomer to learn about cryptocurrencies on their own, that way, whatever mistake they make during the adventures in the cryptosphere will be their own fault. But as long universities provite legit courses offering an in-depth view about the crytocurrency market and the blockchain technology with the pros and cons about getting involved in this world, then I'm all for it. If everythign works out then the cryptocurrencyt adoption phase could arrive sooner than we expected.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
joann15

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 12:54:00 PM

Actually there are a lot of universities that offering a course all about cryptocurrencies from different parts of the world and soon more and more universities will offer this kind of course about cryptocurrencies that is why those who really want here they don't have a choice but to adopts.

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:51:34 PM

I'm more concerned that people can learn about cryptocurrencies without going to university. It's clear that university syllabuses will sooner or later include cryptos, but what about people who cannot afford a higher education? It would be good if there were initiatives aimed at these people.
xhibit1

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:05:50 PM

if cryptocurrency was to be introduced in universities, it would be one of the best stuffs the Government would do for the community/citizens and the crypto community as a whole. with this people won't be making some mistakes due to the fact that they are not educated about this.
Jamboo30

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:07:52 PM

I know some of the universities in my area have also put blockchain and Crypto in conferences to discuss this new technology. I think that's a good thing for people to understand more about it. And then it will be more widely accepted in life.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:12:15 PM

It will be very useful and preferable today because crypto is growing so fast and I suppose that it is possible that the next generation will work in the major part of them.
Already two years ago some universities are start the Blockchain courses. So this topic is totally useless in this scenario  and some beginners are don't know the solidity programming language so they are trying to push the new courses in this world. But few countries only providing some crypto related courses so many peoples are not aware in crypto community. I hope all the countries are start the school education in entire world and it will execute colleges.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: