Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cryptotithe - Crypto Taxes for the peasants  (Read 133 times)
starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:12:57 AM

Hi all, been working on a project a bunch in my free time, https://github.com/starsoccer/cryptotithe. Its not really widely known as Ive only posted it on reddit once. The goal of it is really to replace cointracking or any other service you use for tracking your trades and calculating taxes and keep all of your data offline and not controlled by some 3rd party. Eventually I would like to avoid making any 3rd party requests but for now the only requests made are to cryptocompare for pricing data.

Quick list of the current features for those interested:
  • Import Trades from exchanges(binance, kraken, gemini, bittrex, poloniex)
  • Calculate gains using one of many methods(FIFO, LIFO, HCFO, etc..)
  • See how making trade will affect your current gains(what if trade)
  • Portfolio view using imported trades
  • Trade Timeline with Filtering by exchange or currency
  • Calculating balance by exchange based on trades for an exchange
  • Bulk Currency renaming

Anyways, would love to get some feedback, feature requests, and bug reports. Feel free to post in thread or file github issues or even create PR's.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:53:17 AM

Can't seem anything related to 'taxes'. Am I missing on something? Moreover, what is a crypto tax application? Your descriptions seem more like crypto-tracking. Is the build version compiles into an electron App? The demo on the repo isn't working. Nice to see some React and Ts work done here Smiley I'd probably contribute for learning TS sakes.
starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:45:32 PM

Can't seem anything related to 'taxes'. Am I missing on something? Moreover, what is a crypto tax application? Your descriptions seem more like crypto-tracking. Is the build version compiles into an electron App? The demo on the repo isn't working. Nice to see some React and Ts work done here Smiley I'd probably contribute for learning TS sakes.

I think your missing something, if you go to the demo and close the getting started popup then go to the `Calculate Gains` Tab this is will tax would be calculated.You would press the customize button and then select the year and the method etc.... By default there is no data loaded so youd need to manually add some trades or import some from an exchange to get a better idea of how it all works. I have on my feature list already to add a demo mode that will just randomly add some trades so you can play around, but havent had the time to work on that yet.

Yes the build or desktop version using electron. It should just be a matter of cloning the repo, running install and then start.

As for the web app/demo not working, could you clarify exactly what doesnt work?

Feel free to contribute, happy to have help wherever possible
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: