Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:57:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We can totally eradicate poverty if we TRULY want to.  (Read 1889 times)
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:43:14 PM

So many people are interested in amassing wealth without giving a dime to the less privilege around them, yet they will still be among the first to criticize the government in its failure to eradicate hunger and poverty in the country. You should also know that the duty of eradicating poverty must not be left to the government alone. You must also contribute your quota.

If you have worked to be wealthy or lucky to be one, you should see it as a social responsibility to help the less privileged people in the society. If I may ask, do you feel comfortable driving past several beggars on the street when you have billions of money in your account that you or your entire family may not be able to exhaust in the next 100 years?

Think about this seriously. With the so much money in the world, poverty can greatly be reduced if not totally eradicated.

All that is necessary is the distribution of this wealth.

There is enough to go round.

Note:
You must not necessarily give physical cash or money directly in order to help the poor or the less privileged. You can set up an empowerment scheme where they could be empowered or work to earn a living for themselves. It is like teaching them how to fish instead of offering them the fish directly to eat. I guess it is best that way.
You've raised a good point on how to eradicate poverty and that's by giving; giving in whatever capacity: cash or kind. But it is not as if you can force or compile people to do so. Giving is a deep concept that requires good understanding of it for anyone to do it freely. Just do your own part. Only few can freely part away with their wealth to help others; it is human nature.
I don't see eradication of poverty anytime soon.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:51:08 PM
Merited by manfredmann (1)

I happen to read the following item below and it is quite alarming to see how the world is really living in poverty. I only selected a few items below to emphasize the idea of how worst poverty is. It reads:

1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty."

The World Food Programme says, “The poor are hungry and their hunger traps them in poverty.” Hunger is the number one cause of death in the world, killing more than HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis combined.

Source: https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-global-poverty

And so as I read the information In this article about poverty, I stumbled upon the following data above that suggested how worst poverty really is. Isn't 22,000 really is something? It made me think that the world is really suffering from it and that teaching each individual how to fish might not even be so easy, not unless people will realize the necessity of helping one another.  We could only think of a solution but how the solution can be meet in reality is something that has to be worked for during this times of hardship. Imagine the thousands of deaths for the children due to poverty and imagine how poverty had killed more than those diseases that have been mentioned above. Is the principle of teaching the man how to fish really is a workable idea? Well for me, I don't believe so, I think the world needs more than that. The resources for food, medicine and some other basic needs are not met easily despite having to work hard. The salary for the poor isn't so well enough to satisfy their needs. So I guess the love for humanity and the concern that should be shown by the rich individuals would be the most important idea to give the poor the chance to work with better salaries to alleviate poverty. For most of the time I could only see that the rich is getting richer and the poor is getting poorer. How can we really live as comfortable and happy then?

Satuki

Activity: 35
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:57:55 PM

and who really can do it is only the government
a healthy government with little corruption will greatly affect poverty reduction in the country, because they will focus on building all the sectors that are needed by the poor
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:52:33 PM

I think poverty is only there because of selfishness, I cant say that poverty is because the people who are experiencing it is doing nothing about their lives, maybe they are just in a position where they have no other way to get out of it, But, rich people who are crazy rich and even the simple people who are in the state where their lives are in a good state, only learn how to share and give without wanting or expecting something in return, then our world would be a so much better place, and I think poverty will be no more.

Well if this is the case there is a possibility that poor people will be dependent to the rich people. It is much better if the rich people or people with good life gives job. It is much vetter to teach someone than to just give. Because if what you give was used then probably thise people will asked again, and it is not always tht you have. People do not need to be selfish. Government should focused on eradicating it rather than looking for the other people wrong doings. It is not really good for the economy, we should focus first on eradicating what is the reason why we have not so good economy rather than focusing on making it grow without noticing the real reason why it is not good.
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:25:20 PM

Even if we want to eradicate poverty. If those poor people don't do anything to uplift their way of living. And they are just waiting for the help of other people. We cannot eradicate poverty.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:13:43 AM

Do not give fishes to the poor that will solve their hunger in one day but teach them how to catch fish as they will solve their hunger for a life time. There are lot of Billionaires that shared their wealth in charity but if you want to totally eliminate the poverty it will creat imbalance to the world. Who will do the farmers work if there is no poor and who will collect your garbages if they don't need to work anymore? We don't need to elimanate the poor but to reduce it is the most appropriate.
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:34:11 AM

So many people are interested in amassing wealth without giving a dime to the less privilege around them, yet they will still be among the first to criticize the government in its failure to eradicate hunger and poverty in the country. You should also know that the duty of eradicating poverty must not be left to the government alone. You must also contribute your quota.

If you have worked to be wealthy or lucky to be one, you should see it as a social responsibility to help the less privileged people in the society. If I may ask, do you feel comfortable driving past several beggars on the street when you have billions of money in your account that you or your entire family may not be able to exhaust in the next 100 years?

Think about this seriously. With the so much money in the world, poverty can greatly be reduced if not totally eradicated.

Note:
You must not necessarily give physical cash or money directly in order to help the poor or the less privileged. You can set up an empowerment scheme where they could be empowered or work to earn a living for themselves. It is like teaching them how to fish instead of offering them the fish directly to eat. I guess it is best that way.

Volume  of  people  in small country are 70% in poverty line, now for simultaneously brings help to them for going progressive and  productive people is to spread out out the words of bitcoin through digital virtual system they will not going forward if no one can help them. wealth of individuals is not worth it to help generally it needs to spread out in social media to explain and elaborate how bitcoin useful.
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

Note:
Poverty were become a problem that even goverment cant solve it, yes i believe it could be solved if there is people that are rich enough and care about poverty problem. You might like this article https://www.livebitcoinnews.com/binances-blockchain-charity-fund-teams-up-with-un-to-fight-poverty-and-social-issues/
Binance are trying to fight poverty by using blockchain technology

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Cupomi

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:13:36 AM

that's very true ... but we must realize that we live in a country like what ?? if in developed countries this is very easy to do because work opportunities are very abundant but if in developing countries or in poor countries, things that are easy in developed countries are very difficult to find in poor countries, sometimes human resources are abundant but very little work, try the field of agricultural land that we have is very barren, in the field of trade in transportation and infrastructure that is very bad, sometimes we are difficult to do what we can but we only do something that is there, but a tireless struggle will surely succeed.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:12:51 AM

There's no something wrong if you give them a little food instead of money and help poor people to have work. Most poor people did not have a regular job because they are uneducated or diligence people are always relying on governments supply budget. So, instead give them a work or a decent job to have a maintain income for their family.
I like the culture of pure Chinese they are helping each other no one greedy and selfish.
I think we will not be able to eliminate a poverty that is a permanent problem that exists in every country and it will not be possible
to lose, for whatever effort you make by giving them a job, if they remain lazy they will still be poor
Eradication of poverty is important issue in the world and countries are trying to take measures against it but it is still existing even in this modern world you will see a lot of poverty in people. But those who are living in poverty can find a way out by getting education of modern ways to make money then they can change their lives by investing and trading which will make then able to deal with anything and pass the knowledge to next.
And it is always going to keep being an important issue in the world. I guess in most places, it is always something for the rich to want to keep seeing a huge gap between them and the poor. Nevertheless, I believe the poverty itself actually is generated from the way things are economically within the country.

When an economy is good and thriving, there will always be so many things to do for everyone to be able to curtail that poverty level, except for those who just want to choose to be lazy and keep begging anyway, but for a country where unemployment rate is high, the level of corruption is off the hook, this would be something hard to achieve.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:35:14 PM

There's no something wrong if you give them a little food instead of money and help poor people to have work. Most poor people did not have a regular job because they are uneducated or diligence people are always relying on governments supply budget. So, instead give them a work or a decent job to have a maintain income for their family.
I like the culture of pure Chinese they are helping each other no one greedy and selfish.
I think we will not be able to eliminate a poverty that is a permanent problem that exists in every country and it will not be possible
to lose, for whatever effort you make by giving them a job, if they remain lazy they will still be poor
Eradication of poverty is important issue in the world and countries are trying to take measures against it but it is still existing even in this modern world you will see a lot of poverty in people. But those who are living in poverty can find a way out by getting education of modern ways to make money then they can change their lives by investing and trading which will make then able to deal with anything and pass the knowledge to next.
And it is always going to keep being an important issue in the world. I guess in most places, it is always something for the rich to want to keep seeing a huge gap between them and the poor.

The people you mean are either perverts or spoiled kids from rich families who actually feel pleasure in seeing other people suffer from poverty. I'm more inclined to think that what you mention in your post actually refers to the competition and show-off between the rich folks themselves, that is between those who can adequately assess their own wealth and status. Really, what's the purpose of feeling superior before someone who can't feel their inferiority in the first place?
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:19:16 PM

the first thing that must be changed is the mindset. many argue that living in poverty is fate. whereas poverty can be changed if we can get out of the zone by really trying to be better. I know that eradicating poverty is very difficult, and even tends to fail to do, especially if we really have no other choice.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:59:57 AM

I have seen many proposals similar to that and while I appreciate the feelings behind the intention if it was that easy to eradicate poverty around the world don't you think poverty should not exist anymore? The fact that poverty is still a problem in the 21 century means that is probably impossible to eradicate and that is something that will will need to accept.
pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:57:46 AM

Yes with the help of the government we may eradicate poverty government should create more jobs to solve unemployment in the country and if you belong to the poor family you must be smart and have the guts to become successful and rich someday you must have a goal in life.

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:30:07 AM

Poverty can be erradicated by us by the contributions of each individual. By being diligent and industrious to find a decent job, business or anything legit that can supply individual or family needs.
Thats right because the key of poverty is that they are lazy to try to change their living conditions. if they want to change their condition.
of course they will patiently look for the right job for them and make a profit that can bring them to a better financial condition
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:41:38 AM

Poverty can be erradicated by us by the contributions of each individual. By being diligent and industrious to find a decent job, business or anything legit that can supply individual or family needs.
Thats right because the key of poverty is that they are lazy to try to change their living conditions. if they want to change their condition.
of course they will patiently look for the right job for them and make a profit that can bring them to a better financial condition
The government itself too should be more responsible to provide more job opportunities to the unemployed people so they will also have their own source of income.I believe if the government will go down to the level of the needs of the people then surely poverty will soon to be eradicate.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
bitbunnny
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1068

WOLF.BET - Provably Fair Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:07:31 AM

Even if we want to eradicate poverty. If those poor people don't do anything to uplift their way of living. And they are just waiting for the help of other people. We cannot eradicate poverty.

I don't agree with theory that poor people want to be poor. But that is deeply question of sociology and psycology and in some countries people just don't have choice and they are forced to live day by day struggling to survive.
It's utopia to expect for people from third countries to achieve the standard we have in the west over night. And let's be honest, developed countries are fine with that they stay poor.
Some have ideas that cryptocurrencies are solution for poverty but like I said, this is utopia.

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:55:46 AM

I don't agree with theory that poor people want to be poor.

No one wants to be poor, but there's a proverb quite to the point and which is worth mentioning here: "if wishes were horses, beggars might ride". It is not just about want or wish, it is about will and actually doing something to get out of poverty. Indeed, when your options are not many, it is a way harder. But let's admit it, for the majority of beggars out there, it is not the lack of options or opportunities that put them in misery in the first place and makes them stay there now. And that's one of the reasons why giving beggars money won't change anything.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 11:00:25 AM

However, the problem is that people has no contentment even if had some luxury in his/her life seeing another individuals that had much more than his/her wealth then probably that one may aim for more. So money for them would be the mere reason that why should they not give it to those poor individuals or poor families. They will just say that they had work hard on it so why should they give? Problem with people nowadays.
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Yes, if only we are corteous enough to find a job for us not to be a beggar in the streets. We need to work hard, and help one another. Those who have enough should help those who are poor not to feed them but to edu ate them in finding a job or give them jobs to earn for a living.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: