Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 09:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I expected a price flop with the recent news.  (Read 319 times)
thecodebear

Activity: 2156
Merit: 825

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:35:04 PM

I guess it is a somewhat serious but very unlikely to be used vulnerability, given that Bitcoin is this far along and this was just discovered. I don't think that is the kind of news that affects the market. Things that affect the market are things that the average person can understand and will pop up in their news feed like major hacks, government crackdowns/regulations, businesses or industries coming out negative on bitcoin, etc. Technical considerations don't really affect the price very much if it doesn't lead to tangible effects. Otherwise Bitcoin would have skyrocketed at the beginning of this year when LN came on mainnet, but it's not a tangible or flashy news-y event, it was simply a technical milestone.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:47:24 PM

Otherwise Bitcoin would have skyrocketed at the beginning of this year when LN came on mainnet, but it's not a tangible or flashy news-y event, it was simply a technical milestone.
Well, LN doesn't fundamentally impact Bitcoin's network while this vulnerability could cause the network to suffer partly, or even in a more severe manner due to the news that came out today.

I'm actually glad (somewhat surprised as well) that the amount of fud coming from the Bcash side has remained on the lower side. I expected much more shit from them but thus far it has been within 'appropriate' levels. 

Let's see how many non SegWit nodes will finally be upgraded to the latest Core version. The most favorable scenario will be where we'll end up with more SegWit support than before.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:08:40 PM

I really think that there is no need to worry of that anymore, Theymos had confirmed that there is no risk, so this means that everything is already well-groomed and well-organized.

Also, 99% of the active users don't really understand what is going on or they did not even heard the news. I think we are good when this way too complicated issues come along.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: