Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:53:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short story about being merited….  (Read 827 times)
Infinixhot1996

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:21:13 PM

This in my opinion is a really helpful bump Grin
And your merit case is a really enviable one,it really seems so unreal how many merits you've earned in such little time..
The merit system as you said is really frustrating to some,considering the fact that some posts go unnoticed,while some are not just lucky to get theirs seen, but definitely posting constant quality would earn one a merit sooner rather than later

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:07:22 PM

It's actually really hard to get a merit per post, be a use of not so much users are ready to spend their time for reading at least one page of comments and to merit an interesting comment. Te biggest bercent of merits are going to topics creators by the same reason.
cryptovigi (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:31:08 AM

Quick question OP are you still doing your translation business (believing) it will pay more now as a full member Grin

Honestly since I started this topic i focused much more on forum itself than bounty business (i had to decide what is more important to spend my time on) so I did few translations but not to many. Unfortunately the rank doesn't affect the stakes for translations at all ;-( As I wrote in my first post in this translations business most important was the possibility to place images in post and Jr. Member (or Copper) rank is enough for this.

It's actually really hard to get a merit per post, be a use of not so much users are ready to spend their time for reading at least one page of comments and to merit an interesting comment. Te biggest bercent of merits are going to topics creators by the same reason.

Theoretically you've right but practically not always... You have to remember that content always remains most important factor - Of course if you prepare decent content and create new thread you probably get some merits but there are also dozens of threads where first post isn't rewarded with any merits and second, third or twenty fifth post got 10 merits. I got some merits both for starting posts as well as posts in others threads on third page or even on 270th page. So order is important but not the most...

Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:13:29 PM

Hard work never fails tho, Smiley

I am not really a well knowledgeable person about the crypto currencies so I am not interested much about in hunting the merits,I just keep posting what I can do then if someone found interesting they may merit me.But I am hoping that I got very better in my crypto knowledge than how much I know for a year before.Still learning because I am very slow learner. Lips sealed

Hope I am also can be a well knowledgeable person about cryptos someday. Smiley
Higher ranked members be more generous and encourage the users to by giving some merits if they got something interesting to read.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:34:09 PM

It's not hard to get merits. It's hard and tasking to make quality posts worthy of multiple merits.
Of course you can get merited for relevant, witty, helpful, or even funny replies.
It depends on the mood of the post.

goldap

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 05:42:09 PM

Because of being promoted to Full Member I’ve decided to bump this thread for the first time.

It was written less than two months ago when I got my first merit (precisely 4 of them). I think that reading it may be good for many frustrated and tired low ranked users who already lost their hope or those who are loosing it at this very moment, that they are able to rank up with this “Fu...ng merit system”…
Don’t loose hope guys! It’s really possible!

you have given me a bit of faith  Grin
i wont give up Cool

A Proud MinerMore Miner
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 09:16:38 PM

Thank you for the insight. I appreciate it. I think that contributing without thinking about merits is the way to go. ultimately, that's what will sustain the quality of bitcointalk in the first place. Even though I was impacted by the new rules, I can certainly see how the rules will increase the editorial integrity of the site in general. Especially from the low-level members.
Thank you for sharing.

cryptovigi (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:44:45 PM

Because of being promoted to Full Member I’ve decided to bump this thread for the first time.

It was written less than two months ago when I got my first merit (precisely 4 of them). I think that reading it may be good for many frustrated and tired low ranked users who already lost their hope or those who are loosing it at this very moment, that they are able to rank up with this “Fu...ng merit system”…
Don’t loose hope guys! It’s really possible!

On the occasion of the next promotion - this time on senior member rank - I decided to make the second bump of this thread (especially since it is still current)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: