Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The crypto space must be sanitized  (Read 734 times)
heritage35 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:16:08 PM

We are in a system where so many ICOs come in to attract investors. Some end up succeeding, while a larger percentage either fail or end up being scam.
Yes, we are operating in a decentralized system, where individuals are in full control of their assets. Yet, a decentralized system can still be controlled under a trusted body, when it comes to lunching an ICO.
Yes, every developer has the right to lunch an ICO and we have ICO listing sites. Since most of these sites have compromised in their listing, why don't we have a trusted body, that would volunteer, without collecting any charges, at least to sanitize and purge the system of scam ICOs.
Every developer that registers with them should be questioned and be ensured to have good integrity.
Then investors will have the confidence to invest into any of the projects.
Well, this may not outrightly nullify other ICOs from lunching independently.
This is just a suggestion.
Views, comments and contributions are welcomed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tangbori

Activity: 272
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:26:23 PM

You have a good suggestion there, in order to curb all the scam ICOs all over the world, we must have regulatory bodies that will be in charge of ICOs. The will be responsible for scrutinising an ICO before they start fund raising. By doing this, we will surely be free from scam in crypto.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:32:41 PM

99 % of ICO is damned to fail, what can we expect?
ICO is indeed a good way to fund the project and gather around the community and but sadly there a lot of scammers uses it as a bad thing. we are rarely seeing an ICO that turns out successful, it makes the one who deserved it shall be rewarded.
PowerLaunch
Copper Member

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

www.PowerLaunch.io

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 06:51:51 PM

We are in a system where so many ICOs come in to attract investors. Some end up succeeding, while a larger percentage either fail or end up being scam.
Yes, we are operating in a decentralized system, where individuals are in full control of their assets. Yet, a decentralized system can still be controlled under a trusted body, when it comes to lunching an ICO.
Yes, every developer has the right to lunch an ICO and we have ICO listing sites. Since most of these sites have compromised in their listing, why don't we have a trusted body, that would volunteer, without collecting any charges, at least to sanitize and purge the system of scam ICOs.
Every developer that registers with them should be questioned and be ensured to have good integrity.

What you're proposing is a crypto-government -- In my opinion, this is the exact opposite of what is needed. I feel that giving a body the power of vetoing specific projects would lead to bias and power-control issues and ultimately be damaging to the trustless environment that blockchain is creating.

Torps1

Activity: 574

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:02:12 PM

You may be correct, however at this moment the investors have to be very vigilant while investing. It is no longer news that so many fraud are entering the system due to its current state.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:05:43 PM

Good initiative, i know a lot of more projects that aim to filter out quality and real ico projects and only list real ico projects on their platform, i think it is a good step for investor confidence but ultimately some regulator has to come up to verify and keep track of each ico in the market that want to raise funds.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:20:04 PM

I think your theory is a little damp, so to speak. You didn't consider many subtleties of the offers. Namely, the possibility of their implementation. The founders of blockchain more than 10 years ago provided all possible weaknesses of the system.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:57:07 AM

There is an ICO that I read before that wants to cater upcoming ICO and screen them to minimize ICO fraud. It has also a voting feature and ratings. I just can't remember the name of the project because it is a new project and I'm not sure if it is already launch.
artem30011994

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:12:19 PM

You have a good suggestion there, in order to curb all the scam ICOs all over the world, we must have regulatory bodies that will be in charge of ICOs. The will be responsible for scrutinising an ICO before they start fund raising. By doing this, we will surely be free from scam in crypto.
but not all 100% we will be protected. After all, as practice shows, there will always be a person who will accept an envelope with a bubble and will do so that the project will not cause suspicion. I have nothing against regulation, on the contrary, only for this will we significantly reduce the scum but will not eliminate it as such

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space     | Join Referral Program  TOKEN SALE     ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
─    Facebook    ─     Medium     ─    Telegram        ─
pazzanegro

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 12:25:39 PM

Thats true for 100% . I would love to see only perspective and true projects, with ideas to improve crypto and technologies or else instead of greedy collecting eth

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:41:07 PM

Everything that seem difficult, most especially as regards having a trusted system. A system where investors will feel safe to invest. This will be achieved very soon through regulation. This will create an atmosphere that is not conducive for scam projects to strive.
By the time the regulation takes effect, then genuine ICOs will hqve investors willing to buy their ICOs or for those who are running STO.
Flezy

Activity: 707
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:46:44 PM

You said it all, good points. When one take a look at what is happening now, we might start wishing for regulation. Most ICOs have nothing to offer just to scam and take off while investors are at the receiving end. So there is need to sanitize this space.
LickKing

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:27:12 AM

Yes, this has already happened, and Bitcoin continues to decline in the future, because there are still a lot of tokens worthless, this time maybe just a rebound, it will not let Bitcoin break through $4,300.

Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:36:03 AM

Current state or not we will always see scam projects preying on investors funds ,we investors are the ones to be careful and not fall victims to this scams and let's make sure we caution the newbies because they are the ones that easily fall victim ,tokens are not reliable anymore only 10% of them are good, ICOs should go through screening to limit frauds but I guess its not going to happen
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:59:28 PM

Well it is being sanitized right now since the coins have been going down the holders with the weak hands have been selling off their coins and leaving the market which is a good thing. A couple of more months of the bear market and most of the panickers would be gone and then it would only remain the people who truly believe in cryptos

bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:49:31 PM

Some solution for ICOs is needed. Is it a regulatory body I do not know as I would not like to see
an over regulated ICO market . Have to find some self regulating solution, if any.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
dddudidd

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:15:00 AM

Such space should be facilitated by Bitcointalk and Cryptocurrency. because in my opinion the intelligence agency must indeed exist and be realized immediately.
gostop

Activity: 388

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:43:27 AM

I think the first clean-up work has ended and the cryptocurrency market has rebounded on the 17th of this month. But I am not sure how many times the cleanup plan will be implemented. Now maybe some viruses still exist and ICO fraud still exists.

vigos

Activity: 260

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:59:39 AM

I have a lot of ideas about the ICO market, but this has not changed the status quo of the ICO market. I think if the market wants to recover, then this requires the government to participate in regulation.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
ipsec

Activity: 584
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 04:03:34 PM

YES, I would be happy if such a project existed. But at the moment I think people will not do it. Because they will not see their benefits. Why would someone give away information for free?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: